Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tatuaje Noella Reserva 08' (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14593)

Humidor Minister 04-25-2009 05:04 PM

Tatuaje Noella Reserva 08'

I've been wanting to try this little gem. It's a 130x19. Business was slow today so I went out back and lit one up. Don't let is size fool you. It's a power house.The triple cap is a testament to a fine roller. The wrapper was rolled beautifully and had a wonderful look to it. Appearance was very nice and great quality. Upon my first draw I was kicked in the mouth. It had more spice than anything I've ever tried. The smoke was very full with a nice thickness in the air. This is not the cigar for you if you don't like them with power. On a one to ten in strength it was a 9+. The flavor was almost a strong eucalyptus flavor with some spice to boot. It mellowed out very slightly but stayed pretty consistent. Myself, I like full flavor cigars. This one made me a little dizzy. No green feeling, just dizzy. It was so good though that I went ahead and smoked it to the end. The ash was almost a snowy white and held on for at least 1-1/2 inches. If you like a full flavored cigar you'll love this one. Get it while you can though, they only made about 27,000 of them. I'd recommend a good scotch along with it. Lagavulin 16 year old Scotch would be a perfect balance for this cigar. If I had to score this cigar, I'd give it a 93. Just be ready for the kick in the mouth.

Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Size: 130x19

thebiglebowski 04-26-2009 09:06 AM

Re: Tatuaje Noella Reserva 08'

19 RG? is that even possible?

Smoke Naked 04-26-2009 09:25 AM

Pretty sure its millimeter. Which would be corona size?

jwintosh 04-26-2009 09:54 AM

thanks for the review... i have a fiver that i haven't broken into,,, yet!!

Silound 04-26-2009 10:18 AM

If you like the Noella Reservas, try the Regios Reservas. IMO, they're even better. Lots of flavors I can't quite identify, tons of smoke.

Humidor Minister 04-26-2009 04:22 PM

Thanks, I'll hunt some down.:tu

omowasu 05-04-2009 09:57 PM

I have a box of the Noellas Reservas from early '08. I have only smoked one, but I will agree with you on the strength and flavor profile. These are a fabulously powerful cigar that I am hoping will get better with age. This is one of those sticks that you want to smoke with a few cold beers or neat scotches, as the alcohol will blunt the nicotine effect to some degree. When done accordingly, the flavor profile really shows through.

Sometimes professional chefs describe "alcohol soluble" flavors, and I think this cigar really delivers in that respect.

Trace63 06-04-2009 09:24 PM

Ive been really wanting to try this and the SW especially.