Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42569)

Mister Moo 02-16-2011 12:16 PM

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake

Here is kind of a square-cut coin, thin and easy to rub out or mash into a pipe. The scent from the package is akin to cookie-dough, sweet smelling something over sweet smelling virgina tobacco, a topping close to Stanwell Melange but nowhere as brutal. Someone on tr.com called the topping cherry which entirely escaped me - seems more like a hint of vanilla and molasses to me. Crap. I dunno what it is but it smells nice to me, the perennial aromatic hater. D'oh! You can call this an aromatic but barely.

The room note is pleasant compared to my regular vapers and orientals and the burn is easy as pie right to the bottom of a decent pipe. The taste is that of a mild and slightly sweet (never sour) virginia. If it would burn your tongue you'd have to try. I got half a pound, shared some and expect I'll buy more.

At the very least it's a great introduction to flakes for a newguy. If you like a mild/medium profile and a hint of aromatic sweetness doesn't scare you then I'd call it excellent. The scent, by the way, is in the package or the smoke but not much in your mouth. It's easy - it's nice.

jdawg 02-16-2011 12:25 PM

Re: Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake

Nice review Dan! :D

hscmit 02-16-2011 12:37 PM

sounds tasty

Emjaysmash 02-16-2011 12:51 PM

Thanks for the Review!

WyoBob 02-16-2011 04:26 PM

After falling in love with P.S. Luxury Navy Flake and accumulating quite a bit in my cellar, I tried Luxury Twist Flake awhile back and was impressed! So, I'm building quantities of LTF in my cellar to keep my LNF company. I also recently found that a 50/50 mix of LNF and LTF is pretty good.

I've tried some more expensive va's and vapers and have enjoyed them but am very pleased that, if all I could smoke was LNF and LTW (along with P.S. Balkan Supreme), I'd be a happy camper:) These Stokkebye tobaccos represent a great value in bulk and I would be happy to smoke these for the rest of my life!

WyoBob

Zanaspus 02-18-2011 04:19 PM

I find all three PS Luxury flakes quite tasty. They'd be good at twice the price, but fortunately they're not! :noon

Curly Cut 03-18-2011 01:43 PM

this is one of my favorite blends. i have it equal to Escudo on the top of the list, actually.
if i dedicate a pipe strictly to a specific blend, i like it --- i have 2 pipes dedicated to LTF.

SeeingRed13 03-18-2011 07:21 PM

Does anyone know if any online retailers are currently carrying LTF or LNF?

Tyler 04-17-2011 07:51 PM

Idk if you have found some since then but:

LTF at 4Noggins

LNF at 4Noggins

LTF Smoking Pipes

LNF Smoking Pipes

LNF 1.5lb bulk at Lil Brown Smoke Shack (Free shipping this month)

LTF Pipes and Cigars

LNF Pipes and Cigars

There are more I believe but this is just a few to get you started if you are still looking.

SeeingRed13 04-21-2011 08:26 AM

[quote=Wallbright;1238483]Idk if you have found some since then but:

LTF at 4Noggins

LNF at 4Noggins

LTF Smoking Pipes

LNF Smoking Pipes

Thanks Tyler, I've actually got 1lb of some of my PS favorites on the way to the house as we speak! I appreciate the update though.

Tyler 04-21-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeingRed13 (Post 1241482)
Thanks Tyler, I've actually got 1lb of some of my PS favorites on the way to the house as we speak! I appreciate the update though.

No problem at all. Happy puffing!