Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What beers are you enjoying? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=309)

theonlybear4CORT 03-27-2009 07:44 PM

Re: What beers are you enjoying?

Sierra Nevada ESB. mmmmmmmm...

leasingthisspace 03-28-2009 11:44 AM

Last night I had a Rogue Chocolate Stout. I believe that is what Stout is suppost to taste like.

I also had a bottle of Goose Island Bourbon Stout. It was really tasty. I am just glad my wife was driving cuz we would have to sllep in the car last night.

BeerAdvocate 03-28-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leasingthisspace (Post 308212)
I also had a bottle of Goose Island Bourbon Stout. It was really tasty. I am just glad my wife was driving cuz we would have to sllep in the car last night.

Very nice. I love GI Bourbon County Stout. Easily one of my Top 3 favorite beers. And its true what it says on the bottle "stands up well with a good cigar"!

yourchoice 03-28-2009 02:28 PM

I'm having some friends over tonight for our fantasy baseball draft and I just got back from the liquor store. Here's what beer I picked up:
  • Miller Lite (for those who don't care for the beer I prefer:)"
  • Guinness Draught
  • Guinness Extra Stout
  • Victory Hop Devil
  • Troegs Troegenator Double Bock
  • Sierra Nevada Torpedo

And I picked up a couple bombers to share tonight:
  • Unibroue Trois Pistoles
  • Boulder Killer Penguin Barleywine

Should be a fun draft! :al I've never had the Troegenator, Torpedo, Trois Pistoles or Killer Penguin and am anxious to see what I think of them. I've had different offerings from each of the breweries but not these particular brews.

Hopefully I'm still conscious in the latter rounds! :D

Skywalker 03-28-2009 02:45 PM

Looks like my fellow BOTL are enjoying the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA!!!:tu

This is now replacing the SN Wheat Beer which did not do well in sales!

At this moment the Sierra Nevada Beers that are in the stores are:

Pale Ale
Torpedo Extra IPA
Stout
Porter
Pale Bock
ESB (Early Spring Beer)
Big Foot
Summer Ale should be release in a few days!!!:dr

Just a little information to pass along!!!
:2

BTW - All of these reside in my fridge!!!

yourchoice 03-28-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 308351)
Looks like my fellow BOTL are enjoying the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA!!!:tu

This is now replacing the SN Wheat Beer which did not do well in sales!

At this moment the Sierra Nevada Beers that are in the stores are:

Pale Ale
Torpedo Extra IPA
Stout
Porter
Pale Bock
ESB (Early Spring Beer)
Big Foot
Summer Ale should be release in a few days!!!:dr

Just a little information to pass along!!!
:2

BTW - All of these reside in my fridge!!!

When does the Harvest Ale come out? I had that last year, and :dr :dr

BeerAdvocate 03-28-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourchoice (Post 308381)
When does the Harvest Ale come out? I had that last year, and :dr :dr

I think it already came out in Feb. I picked up a few bottles then it was gone and no where to be found. I havent seen it since.
I love the new SN Torpedo BTW!!

Don Andres 03-28-2009 04:37 PM

i know folks are raving about the sierra nevada pale ale(especially folks from chico, ca). i would love to get my hands on a case. unfortunately here in the tropics we are not so fortunate. us micros are out of the question.
right now the most popular sellers in our bar:

monchshof bockbier
duvel.
la chouffe blonde
carlsberg
sam adams boston lager
guinness draught

don't ask, it has to come all the way from mexico city. what a pita.

cheers
drew p

Mr.Maduro 03-28-2009 06:10 PM

Tonight its.... Gruut

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...4a31562d_o.jpg

Very light and crisp. No dominant flavors, but with 11% alcohol, I see why they come in 4 packs instead of 6.

I probably won't buy these again. Not for $3./ bottle.

Mr.Maduro 03-28-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro (Post 308575)
Tonight its.... Gruut

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...4a31562d_o.jpg

Very light and crisp. No dominant flavors, but with 11% alcohol, I see why they come in 4 packs instead of 6.

I probably won't buy these again. Not for $3./ bottle.

EDIT: I read the 1st bottle wrong. these are only 5% alcohol. The bottles are only 11.2 oz.

I will definately not be buying these again at that price. :mad:

smokeyandthebandit05 03-28-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leasingthisspace (Post 308212)
Last night I had a Rogue Chocolate Stout. I believe that is what Stout is suppost to taste like.

I tried the chocolate stout tonight and I thought it was amazing. I have the Smoke Ale which was amazing and another friend had the hefeweizen which was also excellent.

I love Rogue!:wo:wo

yourchoice 03-28-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate (Post 308478)
I think it already came out in Feb. I picked up a few bottles then it was gone and no where to be found. I havent seen it since.
I love the new SN Torpedo BTW!!

Sorry for the confusion, but the Harvest Ale I was talking about was the Wet Hop Harvest Ale. I think the Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale is the one that has come and gone already. I think (hope) the Wet Hop Harvest Ale comes out later in the year. I had it last year and thought it was fantastic, but I understand it changes year to year. Here's a link to the one I was talking about...of course it may not have made it this far east this year, and if that's the case I'll be bummed!

I can't believe I can type this well after my draft tonight! :r The poker must have sobered me up :tu

Skywalker 03-29-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Andres (Post 308485)
i know folks are raving about the sierra nevada pale ale(especially folks from chico, ca). i would love to get my hands on a case. unfortunately here in the tropics we are not so fortunate. us micros are out of the question.
right now the most popular sellers in our bar:

monchshof bockbier
duvel.
la chouffe blonde
carlsberg
sam adams boston lager
guinness draught

don't ask, it has to come all the way from mexico city. what a pita.

cheers
drew p

If you ever get up to Chico, the first round is on me... and second... and third!!!:tu

BeerAdvocate 03-29-2009 08:47 AM

I drank a DogFish Head World Wide Stout last night. It caught me off guard. Pretty strong taste, like a good Imperial Stout. I enjoyed alot!

Drat 03-29-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate (Post 309084)
I drank a DogFish Head World Wide Stout last night. It caught me off guard. Pretty strong taste, like a good Imperial Stout. I enjoyed alot!

I love the WWS. 20%abv finds its way to my head pretty quickly though.

kaisersozei 03-29-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourchoice (Post 308818)
Sorry for the confusion, but the Harvest Ale I was talking about was the Wet Hop Harvest Ale. I think the Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale is the one that has come and gone already. I think (hope) the Wet Hop Harvest Ale comes out later in the year. I had it last year and thought it was fantastic, but I understand it changes year to year. Here's a link to the one I was talking about...of course it may not have made it this far east this year, and if that's the case I'll be bummed!

Joel: I was able to pick these up in Virginia back before Thanksgiving. A very nice beer!

I picked up a 6pack of this yesterday:

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...a_Pipeline.jpg

Very heavy on the roasted malt & coffee profile, couldn't really distinguish any hop aroma or flavor but it did have a nice hop bitterness. Considering that it made the trip from Hawaii, it was surprisingly inexpensive (< $9) but I probably wouldn't buy it again.

Partagaspete 03-29-2009 09:59 AM

I had a variety of real ales yesterday. That is what americans joke about warm and flat beer over here. but the flavors are great and it isn't really warm but not by any means cold. But what I really got me was the real traditional cider. Talk about crisp, clean and refreshing. I do like the occasional Strongbow or even better Magners but neither can hold a candle to a traditional cider. It was so good I popped back in for one just now.

T

s15driftking 03-29-2009 10:36 AM

GLBR

Great Lakes Burning River... By far my favorite beer to date!

Mikey202 03-29-2009 12:01 PM

I'm drinking a Middle Ages Dragonslayer Imperial Stout. This brew is really good. Picked up some when I was in Syracuse , NY the other day.

BeerAdvocate 03-29-2009 02:40 PM

I just had a bottle of Lagunitas Olde Gnarly Wine. Very Very good, one of the best Barley Wines I have had in awhile!!