Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   The Red Sox, the Hindenburg, a boat anchor? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49525)

ysr_racer 09-25-2011 10:01 PM

The Red Sox, the Hindenburg, a boat anchor?

Which one is sinking faster? :wo

spectrrr 09-25-2011 10:09 PM

Re: The Red Sox, the Hindenburg, a boat anchor?

shoulda posted about 30 minutes earlier, before they finally got a win :tg

(lets hope it's the first of 3 more......)

ysr_racer 09-25-2011 10:14 PM

One hot day doesn't make a summer :)

ysr_racer 09-25-2011 10:23 PM

Did they finally win one?

icehog3 09-25-2011 11:23 PM

I wish the Rangers would tank now, so the Tigers could get the Red Sox. ;)

Coach Deg 09-26-2011 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1420830)
I wish the Rangers would tank now, so the Tigers could get the RAYS! ;)

Fixed it for you!

icehog3 09-26-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Deg (Post 1420923)
Fixed it for you!

OK. :tu :noon

floydpink 09-26-2011 08:46 AM

getting beat up by the Orioles in late September....

macsauce13 09-26-2011 08:53 AM

I'm loving every minute of it.

spectrrr 09-26-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Deg (Post 1420923)
Fixed it for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1421037)
OK. :tu :noon

not OK :td :)

Tho really, pretty sure the Rays could take out the yankees in the division playoff, so an enemy of my enemy is a friend, right? :r

floydpink 09-26-2011 11:27 AM

I'm pretty sure my nephew's little league team could take out the Red Sox at the present time.

KidRock 09-26-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydpink (Post 1421187)
I'm pretty sure my nephew's little league team could take out the Red Sox at the present time.

This statement is 100 percent fact.

The Poet 09-26-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spectrrr (Post 1421110)
not OK :td :)

Tho really, pretty sure the Rays could take out the yankees in the division playoff, so an enemy of my enemy is a friend, right? :r

You'd best hope the Yankees continue to keep you in the race over the next few days, as you try to back into October. :r

I actually loved that Rod Sux victory last night. The game meant nothing to the Yankees, and not only did they field a minor-league squad to begin with, they declined numerous chances to win in extra innings by keeping veterans on the bench, leaving the game in the hands of the kids. Meanwhile Boston HAD to win to retain its slim one-game lead for the wild-card, and were forced to burn up their bullpen before heading down to three MORE must-wins in Baltimore . . . after the Os' already spanked them around up in Fenway.

kelmac07 09-26-2011 05:48 PM

At least they have a SHOT to make the playoffs..my Mets have been out of the race since June. :D

floydpink 09-26-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 1421397)
You'd best hope the Yankees continue to keep you in the race over the next few days, as you try to back into October. :r

I actually loved that Rod Sux victory last night. The game meant nothing to the Yankees, and not only did they field a minor-league squad to begin with, they declined numerous chances to win in extra innings by keeping veterans on the bench, leaving the game in the hands of the kids. Meanwhile Boston HAD to win to retain its slim one-game lead for the wild-card, and were forced to burn up their bullpen before heading down to three MORE must-wins in Baltimore . . . after the Os' already spanked them around up in Fenway.

Go Tampa Bay! Go Orioles!

spectrrr 09-26-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 1421397)

Too true.

Sadly, tonight pretty much played out as expected.

Rays spanked the Yankees, cause honestly, the Yankees would be IDIOTS to get a veteran injured in a meaningless game right before the playoffs... and the Rays have every reason some go in with all guns blazing.

Meanwhile the Red Sox... well... was kinda hoping they'd build on Sunday night's win, but clearly that's not happening :tg

CigarSquid 09-27-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1421540)
At least they have a SHOT to make the playoffs..my Mets have been out of the race since June. :D

I hear ya....

The Poet 09-27-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spectrrr (Post 1421921)
Too true.

Sadly, tonight pretty much played out as expected.

Rays spanked the Yankees, cause honestly, the Yankees would be IDIOTS to get a veteran injured in a meaningless game right before the playoffs... and the Rays have every reason some go in with all guns blazing.

Meanwhile the Red Sox... well... was kinda hoping they'd build on Sunday night's win, but clearly that's not happening :tg

Francis, it is so refreshing to see an honest and logical, albeit painful, posting from a Boston fan instead of the normal "Yankees SUCK!!" rant we are more accustomed to. Kudos. :tu

spectrrr 09-27-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 1422496)
Francis, it is so refreshing to see an honest and logical, albeit painful, posting from a Boston fan instead of the normal "Yankees SUCK!!" rant we are more accustomed to. Kudos. :tu

Thanks Thomas :)

Don't get me wrong, the Yankees are still the sworn enemy... but I've got no trouble saying the Red Sox are playing like little leaguers either ;)

Speaking of which... a spark of hope remains! they actually managed to (barely) win tonight! So the games are still tied and it all comes down to tomorrow and maybe Thursday.

Not sure we'll be able to rely on Papelbon tomorrow... but I also read that the Yankees will be fielding more of their starting lineup tomorrow against the Rays... so both clubs have some handicaps to overcome....

Really the ideal scenario is that the Yankees beat the Rays and it ends there.... because if it goes to Rays vs. Red Sox on Thursday, I have a feeling we're going to get spanked.

PeteSB75 09-28-2011 07:15 AM

Even if we don't get spanked by the Rays in a playoff, you know Beckett will be starting that game. Lester is going tonight on short rest, so that leaves us with what, Lackey starting game 1 against the rangers? There's a recipe for success... :td