Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Troops Room (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Camp Arifjan, Kuwait (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58418)

JohnRogers 10-03-2012 01:13 AM

Camp Arifjan, Kuwait

Anybody around? I'm looking to start a regular HERF here soon.

Chime in.

Shawn hines 10-06-2012 07:50 AM

Re: Camp Arifjan, Kuwait

Wish I knew about this a couple weeks ago.

Shawn hines 10-06-2012 07:51 AM

make sure you get on the troop support list. These guys here know how to treat ya.

JohnRogers 10-07-2012 03:45 AM

Troops support list, thanks I remember the CA community treating us well on a prior deployment. Great suggestion.

Fordman4ever 10-07-2012 11:41 AM

What do you do in Enid? I was there last year to update my altitude chamber training. That place is in the middle of nowhere.

JohnRogers 10-08-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordman4ever (Post 1729308)
What do you do in Enid? I was there last year to update my altitude chamber training. That place is in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah you have to be looking for Enid to get there. I'm a USAF weather forecaster. I think you and a contractor buddy of mine were gonna meet and burn one but couldn't make our schedules jive.

JohnRogers 10-14-2012 09:23 AM

Met up with like minded brother for a nice relaxing cigar and espresso. After the Brickhouse debacle last night he was kind enough to hook me up with a quality Bahia Maduro. Real nice flavor. We planned the regular Sunday HERF. 1400 at zone 1 Starbucks.

JohnRogers 10-19-2012 12:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Promoting the Camp Arifjan HERF. Stop by when in the area.

JohnRogers 10-21-2012 09:38 AM

Well I'm not ready to classify it as a HERF yet, just a couple of dudes enjoying cigars. A nice way to spend 90 minutes all the same. We had some intelligent conversation on the complex relationships between nations and the connection between fiscal and foreign policy. We worked in a little football too.

I had the Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva Connecticut wrapper. A pleasant enough smoke but the Bahia Maduro I had last week is more my flavor liking.

pnoon 10-21-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRogers (Post 1736597)
Well I'm not ready to classify it as a HERF yet, just a couple of dudes enjoying cigars. A nice way to spend 90 minutes all the same. We had some intelligent conversation on the complex relationships between nations and the connection between fiscal and foreign policy. We worked in a little football too.

I had the Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva Connecticut wrapper. A pleasant enough smoke but the Bahia Maduro I had last week is more my flavor liking.

But that is EXACTLY what a herf is.

JohnRogers 10-22-2012 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought a HERF was like a few requiring at least three or more. Yeah it is a loose mysterious definition. Any way I'm all set for the next few with the ability to repay the kindenss of the Bahia Maduro I received or provide a nice stick of something new for someone new dropping by.

icantbejon 10-22-2012 09:01 AM

I was stationed at Arifjan when it was still just a few buildings in '03 as they were transitioning from Doha to there. It's crazy to see what it has become now.

JohnRogers 10-22-2012 11:09 PM

Hard to complain about this place with 2 BX/PX, 2 Starbucks, 3 gyms, a swimming pool and nobody lobbing mortars/rockets but in Iraq I could get cigars from the island and butane.

JohnRogers 11-04-2012 08:23 AM

Well our merry band grew to three today and during my second stick I believe I recruited two more. Ladies and gents we have our selves a HERF. Any brothers or sisters coming Camp Arifjan way feel free to join us at the "Zone 1" Starbucks at 1400 on Sundays.

icantbejon 11-04-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRogers (Post 1737499)
Hard to complain about this place with 2 BX/PX, 2 Starbucks, 3 gyms, a swimming pool and nobody lobbing mortars/rockets but in Iraq I could get cigars from the island and butane.

I wouldn't count on what you were getting in Iraq as being legit. Unless you were in a way better location than I was.

JohnRogers 11-05-2012 01:17 AM

It was Ali Base/COB Adder. I hope you are right. I hope to have a tasty Cuban someday so far no.

briah1982 11-26-2012 11:38 AM

I'm currently up in Buehring. I'll have to make a Sunday trip down to AJ soon though!

JohnRogers 11-28-2012 10:04 PM

Let me know when you are coming down. I check this forum pretty regular.

Ubiquitous 11-29-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRogers (Post 1737499)

That has more amenities than most stateside USCG bases. Enjoy! -(P

JohnRogers 11-30-2012 08:04 PM

Yeah I've heard soldiers both enlisted and commissioned call this place Camp Cupcake. I suppose if Scotch were available it would be paradise.