Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   To the 11 with thanks (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1834)

SilverFox 10-20-2008 09:03 PM

To the 11 with thanks

"For undemocratic reasons and for motives not of State, They arrive at their conclusions -- largely inarticulate. Being void of self-expression they confide their views to none; But sometimes in a smoking room, one learns why things were done." -- Rudyard Kipling, The Puzzler.

"Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma to be enjoyed by ones self or in the company of friends." -- Anonymous

Thank you gentlemen for what you have provided to us, the Brothers and Sisters of the Leaf

SmokeyJoe 10-20-2008 09:12 PM

Re: To the 11 with thanks

Absolutely!

We are fortunate indeed to have so many selfless and talented leaders. You should be proud of what you have crafted here in such a short time. :ss

Scottw 10-20-2008 09:15 PM

Its a great place and thanks is much deserved. Again, thanks a ton!!

BengalMan 10-20-2008 09:20 PM

I'll have to agree. CA has quickly become the #1 cigar site in my eyes.

leasingthisspace 10-20-2008 09:41 PM

Thank you for the home you have given us.

Starscream 10-20-2008 09:42 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself. Thanks guys!

Joan 10-20-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverFox (Post 23920)
"For undemocratic reasons and for motives not of State, They arrive at their conclusions -- largely inarticulate. Being void of self-expression they confide their views to none; But sometimes in a smoking room, one learns why things were done." -- Rudyard Kipling, The Puzzler.

"Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma to be enjoyed by ones self or in the company of friends." -- Anonymous

Thank you gentlemen for what you have provided to us, the Brothers and Sisters of the Leaf

Nice job, SF! :chr:

BlackIrish 10-20-2008 10:09 PM

Hear, hear, SF, and humble thanks to the 11. The speed at which this site has taken off is the greatest testament to their work.

DAFU 10-20-2008 10:11 PM

WEll it took me forever to figure out how to spell Asylum, but I'm glad I did. It's great to see the inmates finally runnin' the place....................:chr

GAW 10-20-2008 10:16 PM

You know these 11 guys are a pretty special group of people - not saints mind you but up there !:D

Jerry

poker 10-20-2008 10:45 PM

From the bottom of our hearts (and I feel the rest of the team feel the same way) we thank you for your kind words. We are sure if any others were in our position and had the means to, you would have done the same. We wanted what you wanted. We needed what you needed.

~ My home is not a place, it is people. ~
Lois McMaster Bujold

With much gratitude,

The Staff of Cigar Asylum

pnoon 10-20-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poker (Post 24060)
From the bottom of our hearts (and I feel the rest of the team feel the same way) we thank you for your kind words. We are sure if any others were in our position and had the means to, you would have done the same. We wanted what you wanted. We needed what you needed.

~ My home is not a place, it is people. ~
Lois McMaster Bujold

With much gratitude,

The Staff of Cigar Asylum

Well said, Kel.

I am deeply moved by the incredible support and kind words Cigar Asylum has received in our first week of existence. But without the general membership, the forum doesn't exist. Thanks to all who are a part of something truly special.

awsmith4 10-20-2008 11:33 PM

:chr

Here's to all 11 for creating a new place to call home:)

Ashcan Bill 10-21-2008 05:34 AM

It's really amazing to me that our mods could even put this together in the short amount of time they had to work with. I can barely fathom the amount of work that went into this. The site already feels like home, and the esprit de corps that's developed in a week is great.

It's just hard to thank these 11 guys enough.

ahc4353 10-21-2008 07:07 AM

It pains me when I have to agree with the old Hairball. However, this time he is spot on.

Thank you, each and everyone of you.

TripleF 10-21-2008 07:10 AM

RG bump for everyone of you!!! :D

Thanks!

rck70 10-21-2008 07:12 AM

nuff said:ss

Don Fernando 10-21-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 24074)
But without the general membership, the forum doesn't exist.

but no general membership without a forum. This is no "chicken or egg" question, there had to be a forum before general membership could excist, and you guys, the group of 11, made it possible,

Thank you!

Old Sailor 10-21-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahc4353 (Post 24377)
It pains me when I have to agree with the old Hairball. However, this time he is spot on.

Thank you, each and everyone of you.

:tpd::ss:ss

croatan 10-21-2008 10:16 AM

SF, that's a wonderful Kipling quote. Thank you for posting it. And thanks to everyone who's making this place home.

Without y'all, it'd just be the eleven of us sitting around talking to each other.