Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Taboo factory value blend (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2428)

Don Fernando 10-25-2008 08:35 AM

Taboo factory value blend

This cheap budget smoke is a shortfiller with Dominican filler and an Ecuadorian sun grown wrapper. They go for about 1$ a stick on the Taboo website. The cigars are unbanded and wrapped in a plastic wrapper. The cigar that I smoked was a bit box pressed and had a wrapper which contained lots of veins and irregularities.

The aroma is sweet with hints of manure and the size is a corona, 159 mm long and a 45 ring gauge. The construction is good, neither soft nor hard spots noticeable. The cigar produces lots of smoke, the ash is frayed and the draw is just fine.

The first flavor I get is a sweetish kind of leather and that flavor is consistent throughout the cigar, nice but nothing special. Halfway I notice a slight burning sensation on the tip of my tongue, soon to be followed with the flavor of white pepper.

Would I buy this cigar again? Perhaps, it makes a nice snack cigar especially when you see the price of it.

theonlybear4CORT 10-25-2008 11:30 AM

Re: Taboo factory value blend

thank you for the review.

G G 10-25-2008 01:36 PM

Thanks, been meaning to try one of these.

Don Fernando 10-25-2008 01:41 PM

they make nice yardgars or even snackcigars, but you can't compare them to any of the other Taboo stuff, which is way better. But what can you expect for that kind of money anyway?

Biglizard1 11-02-2008 12:29 PM

I enjoy these when I just dont want to light up a premium large RG gar, thanks for the review!

GWN 11-12-2009 10:33 AM

Just received a bundle and somewhat perplexed by the sticker on the bottom that says the cigars include non-tobacco products. Now I'm wondering what's in them.

kelmac07 11-12-2009 10:58 AM

Thanks Ferdie!!!

longknocker 11-12-2009 11:00 AM

Makes A Nice Yard Gar! I've Smoked 2 Bundles!:)

Tenor CS 11-12-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWN (Post 642067)
Just received a bundle and somewhat perplexed by the sticker on the bottom that says the cigars include non-tobacco products. Now I'm wondering what's in them.

Obviously, Rob would be the man to answer this, but in my experience, when a cigar features that disclaimer, the non-tobacco products fall into a couple of categories:

• Chopped up paper to serve as a filler. The paper is usually dyed with "tobacco juice" to blend in, color-wise. The filler paper also aids in combustibility.
  • Various adhesives designed to help the short, chopped-up filler stuff hold together during the rolling process.

It's nothing too gross, don't worry.

Starscream 11-12-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenor CS (Post 642111)
  • Chopped up paper to serve as a filler. The paper is usually dyed with "tobacco juice" to blend in, color-wise. The filler paper also aids in combustibility.

:pu

I hope that's not the case with this cigar.