Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   LT arrested for rape (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31734)

Resipsa 05-06-2010 10:50 AM

LT arrested for rape

This is just sad, on all levels:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...J7BXSeJiGkKIFN

elderboy02 05-06-2010 11:06 AM

Re: LT arrested for rape

I hope he gets a long, long sentence. Not only did he rape her, he also beat her. The pimp needs to be severely punished as well for arranging the meeting with a 15 year old girl.

Darrell 05-06-2010 11:07 AM

What a scumbag pedophile.

hotreds 05-06-2010 11:17 AM

I had no idea he was such a degenerate!

Smokin Gator 05-06-2010 11:24 AM

Once a spoiled thug always a spoiled thug!!

pnoon 05-06-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell (Post 850809)
What a scumbag pedophile.

She is 15. Hardly qualifies as pedophilia.

He is a lowlife scumbag for sure.

ChicagoWhiteSox 05-06-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 850863)

Close enough for me.

:td

The Poet 05-06-2010 12:22 PM

Well, I'm glad to see the American Injustice system, that of condemning a man before he is even arraigned, is still so effective. Just my :2, and worth every penny.

Darrell 05-06-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 850863)

The DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) classifies it as someone who has intense sexual interest and urges towards Children. She is 15, that makes her a CHILD.

pnoon 05-06-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell (Post 850900)
The DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) classifies it as someone who has intense sexual interest and urges towards Children. She is 15, that makes her a CHILD.

Does your authority (DSM) define "child"? What is YOUR definition of a child? At what age are they no longer a child? Is anyone who has "intense sexual interest and urges" towards high school students a pedophile?

To the best of my knowledge, pedophilia is a term reserved for interest and/or desires for pre-pubescent children.

Darrell 05-06-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 850908)
So what is YOUR definition of a child? At what age are they no longer a child? Is anyone who has "intense sexual interest and urges" towards high school students a pedophile?

To the best of my knowledge, pedophilia is a term reserved for interest and/or desires for pre-pubescent children.

In my opinion you're a child until you're 18, at that point you're allowed to make decisions for yourself, move away from your folks, vote, etc.

Yes, if you have sexual urges towards children, you're a pedophile, IMO. Of course YMMV.

Well, the DSM classifies it as I mentioned it. I'm not sure who the authority is for deciding the definition for all to follow. I know Law Enforcement uses it kind of loosely to define pretty much anyone convicted of a sex crime with minors.

pnoon 05-06-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell (Post 850912)
I know Law Enforcement uses it kind of loosely to define pretty much anyone convicted of a sex crime with minors.

Ya learn sumthin new every day.

elderboy02 05-06-2010 12:41 PM

From wikipedia:

The words "pedophile" and "pedophilia" are frequently misused to refer to situations in which an older person has sexual relations with a person who is below the legal age of consent, but is pubescent or post-pubescent . The terms "hebephilia" or "ephebophilia" may be more accurate in these cases,[16] but even then may be erroneously used to refer to the actus reus itself, rather than the correct meaning, which is a preference for that age group on the part of the older individual. Even more problematic are situations where the terms are misused to refer to relationships where the younger person is an adult of legal age, but is either perceived socially as being too young in comparison to their older partner, or the older partner occupies a position of authority over them.

Resipsa 05-06-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell (Post 850912)
In my opinion you're a child until you're 18, at that point you're allowed to make decisions for yourself, move away from your folks, vote, etc.

Yes, if you have sexual urges towards children, you're a pedophile, IMO. Of course YMMV.

Well, the DSM classifies it as I mentioned it. I'm not sure who the authority is for deciding the definition for all to follow. I know Law Enforcement uses it kind of loosely to define pretty much anyone convicted of a sex crime with minors.

While that may be your definition, its not the legal definition which varies from state to state. The age of consent in some
southern states is shocking to say the least

SmokeyJoe 05-06-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resipsa (Post 850924)
While that may be your definition, its not the legal definition which varies from state to state. The age of consent in some

Gotta say... I didn't see THIS debate coming...:confused:

Regardless, my already low opinion of LT sinks to new levels. Some folks seem bound and determined to destroy themselves no matter how many opportunities they get to rehabilitate themselves. Truly sad. :sad

ChicagoWhiteSox 05-06-2010 12:49 PM

Hello LT, Im chris hanson of Dateline, what were you doing here?:r

ChicagoWhiteSox 05-06-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe (Post 850927)
Gotta say... I didn't see THIS debate coming...:confused:

Regardless, my already low opinion of LT sinks to new levels. Some folks seem bound and determined to destroy themselves no matter how many opportunities they get to rehabilitate themselves. Truly sad. :sad

He did it to himself Joe, don't feel bad for him.

SmokeyJoe 05-06-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox (Post 850931)
He did it to himself Joe, don't feel bad for him.

I know... my deepest sadness is for this girl. Fifteen, being pimped out, beaten... her life is already tragic. :sad

ChicagoWhiteSox 05-06-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe (Post 850933)
I know... my deepest sadness is for this girl. Fifteen, being pimped out, beaten... her life is already tragic. :sad

Same here.

Darrell 05-06-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resipsa (Post 850924)

I'm curious, Vic. What are some examples? It seems really not good to allow the age of consent to be under 18.