Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   FedEx Rant!!! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70796)

Remo 12-16-2015 02:26 PM

FedEx Rant!!!

I apologize in advance if any of work for FedEx but these people are incompetent! 2 weeks ago I was supposed to get a delivery, get an update that it was delivered, wife was home all day, no delivery. I called FedEx and explained the situation I even told them that a neighbor around the way has an address very close to mine, they informed me that they had my correct address, oddly enough about 20 minutes after my call the FedEx guy arrives with my package. Hmmmmm!

Today I get a notification that a package was delivered and signed for, BS! As my wife was again home all day, called FedEx again and they will look into where it was delivered and get back to me within 24 hrs.

What a bunch crap..rant over, thanks!

nutcracker 12-16-2015 02:31 PM

Re: FedEx Rant!!!

Three letters in response:

U P S

Remo 12-16-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcracker (Post 2066404)
Three letters in response:

U P S

Yup!

mahtofire14 12-16-2015 02:58 PM

Being a former "package handler" (:sl) myself back in the day, I have to say I'm offended. Just kidding. FedEx is a pretty stand up company when you work with their customer service. At least in my dealings with them. Hopefully you will have it in the next couple of days. Definitely can piss you off not getting a package you're looking forward to getting. I have a feeling there willbe a box on your doorstep soon....

mosesbotbol 12-16-2015 03:03 PM

All of the packages companies can have horrible experiences. I had UPS steal wine right out a box and said a bottle broke...

Remo 12-16-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahtofire14 (Post 2066409)
Being a former "package handler" (:sl) myself back in the day, I have to say I'm offended. Just kidding. FedEx is a pretty stand up company when you work with their customer service. At least in my dealings with them. Hopefully you will have it in the next couple of days. Definitely can piss you off not getting a package you're looking forward to getting. I have a feeling there willbe a box on your doorstep soon....

Crazy thing is that it was signed for by someone, I would go get it if I knew where they delivered it.

icehog3 12-16-2015 03:13 PM

When you deliver 9 million packages per day, there will be some mistakes and delays. It happens.

Sorry you had two of them, Mike.

shilala 12-16-2015 03:24 PM

You wanna hear a rant?
Today I told a perfectly smiley worthy reptile joke in banter and I DIDN'T GET A SINGLE SMILEY!!!
I'm up to here. (Imagine my hand over my head up there.)

Remo 12-16-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 2066418)
You wanna hear a rant?
Today I told a perfectly smiley worthy reptile joke in banter and I DIDN'T GET A SINGLE SMILEY!!!
I'm up to here. (Imagine my hand over my head up there.)

:) for you Scott

shilala 12-16-2015 03:47 PM

I'm pretty sure this chick did it, Mikey.
You might want to investigate this matter all detective-like.
Just sayin.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...DudeMD/UPS.jpg

The Poet 12-16-2015 04:08 PM

What can Brown do for me, Scott?

mncigarguy 12-16-2015 04:20 PM

Really?
The Fed Ex ground people are self employed, they own the route themselves. All the package people work like mules this time of year, all of the year really. They run like 14 hour days right now and your complaining over getting your luxury items. I know we get exited for stuff like children but let's try to keep things in perspective.
They have delivered to my business nearly every day, for the last 28 years, I have no complaints, that's a fine track record. Sometimes boxes come beat up, it happens.
And my drivers have never looked as good as the one above-ha!

Remo 12-16-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mncigarguy (Post 2066429)
Really?
The Fed Ex ground people are self employed, they own the route themselves. All the package people work like mules this time of year, all of the year really. They run like 14 hour days right now and your complaining over getting your luxury items. I know we get exited for stuff like children but let's try to keep things in perspective.
They have delivered to my business nearly every day, for the last 28 years, I have no complaints, that's a fine track record. Sometimes boxes come beat up, it happens.

I know, but if my job was to deliver a package to an address then I should get it to THAT address, not take it to another address and have someone sign for it and state that is was delivered, because it was obviously NOT delivered to the CORRECT address!

longknocker 12-16-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 2066425)
Just sayin.

Yeah, It Looks Like She Did It, Scott.:dr:D

AdamJoshua 12-16-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 2066425)
Just sayin.

I would like to fill her box. No phrasing. Edit: she does have a kind of weird face. :D

As far as UPS goes, I used to work security at a large Marriott in Boston, the UPS guy would back into the loading bay and start tossing boxes off the back of his truck onto the ground, yes even the "handle with care" / "fragile" boxes, he gave no shits about anything, and this was one of the guys that was with the company for 15 or so years. You get what you get.

The Poet 12-16-2015 05:29 PM

She has a face? :confused:

Remo 12-16-2015 06:04 PM

Hell, when I click on my address on the invoice it pulls up a map to my house for hell sakes!!

Porch Dweller 12-16-2015 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mncigarguy (Post 2066429)
Really?

He paid for a service. He didn't get the agreed upon service he paid for. He has every right to complain.

Remo 12-16-2015 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porch Dweller (Post 2066451)
He paid for a service. He didn't get the agreed upon service he paid for. He has every right to complain.

I guess I am just as chapped at the person who has it, a good neighbor would bring it to my house, but my jaded ass believes that someone is wearing my fine timepiece!

Porch Dweller 12-16-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo (Post 2066455)
I guess I am just as chapped at the person who has it, a good neighbor would bring it to my house, but my jaded ass believes that someone is wearing my fine timepiece!

I can see you spending the next few weeks walking around the block asking everyone you see "Do you have the time?" just to see if they have the watch. :D