Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Smoking in Hawaii? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55184)

jakesmokes 04-20-2012 12:09 PM

Smoking in Hawaii?

Morning all,

As I posted earlier, I am going to be spending some time in Hawaii here very soon. I'll be on Kona staying at a resort there. The resort itself is non smoking, but I am wondering about the beaches. From what I understand, all beaches in Hawaii are public. Are there any limitations with respect to smoking on public beaches in Hawaii? I think it would be nice to fire one up and walk along the beach occasionally. I have heard that Hawaii's smoking laws are pretty restrictive.. anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

David

Fia 04-20-2012 12:55 PM

Re: Smoking in Hawaii?

Wish I could tell you more about the big island but Im not familiar with their spots. I cant imagine it would be too bad unless you were in front of a crowded resort. Just an FYI if you need to restock on cigars there are two shops on that side of the island. Tobaccos of Hawaii in Kamuela and Mothers Antiques and Fine Cigars in Hawi.

Good Luck.

BMack 04-21-2012 05:58 AM

Everyone is pretty relaxed on the islands so just stay away from the touristy areas and you should be fine. At worst, ask a local they will give you any info you need and more.

My Dad was from Maui and I've been there numerous times but only once to Big Island, if you have a chance make it to the north shore it's gorgeous. Also Hilo is really neat, it's almost like that city is stuck in another era. Kona is pretty touristy but 15 mins either way and you're in the country. :)

I would kill for a malasada right now! OMG!

Jason 04-21-2012 10:29 PM

No smoking in enclosed public places and 20 or 50 feet (?) from doorways, windows and the like

SmokeyJoe 05-26-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 1622225)
No smoking in enclosed public places and 20 or 50 feet (?) from doorways, windows and the like

So... how is Hawaii? Find any way to enjoy a smoke with the restrictions? Hope you are having a great time in paradise. :ss

Jason 05-26-2012 10:48 PM

JOE!

Last time I was there we stayed 2 weeks in a house right on the beach in the puamana rentals in Lahaina, had a smoke nightly on the beach when we weren't camping. No idea how the OP made out :) hope he had a good time, almost assured

good seeing ya Joe

Homebrewer 06-03-2012 09:25 AM

I was in Maui 7 years ago and I had no cigars with me. I found a coffee shop with a small cigar selection. I bought a cigar and lit it up in the parking lot where there happened to be a small farmers market going on. I lit up the cigar and a guy walked up to me and said, "You're not from around here are you? You can't smoke that here. Get that out of here!" I said, "I just bought this from that store right THERE! (pointing)." The guy says, "We don't do that here." Rather than cause a problem, I just walked across the street and smoked by the beach. Spirit of aloha my ass!