Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   It's happend (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7839)

Whee 01-11-2009 06:50 PM

Re: It's happening

ooohhh, database error in the forums link. Must still be putting the new paint on the ol' place.

borndead1 01-11-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chippewastud79 (Post 163084)
"Like the perfect cigar, the smoker’s lifestyle is a rich and well-blended mixture of the all the finest ingredients. At Puff Lifestyle, we discuss the finer things in life: the most luxurious hotels, the finest wines, 5-star dining, the hottest wheels, insane watches, really cool lighters, hand carved cedar humidors, and of course – the best cigars. Come, live the life of a true cigar connoisseur. Puff Lifestyle – the sky is the limit."

What the f**k...

I only plan on doing 2 things at a hotel: sleeping and humping. Luxury? Why.

5 star dining to me is a steak that I grill on my balcony and enjoy while watching The Simpsons.

BAH...I could go on and on but I won't. Why bother.

And I still maintain that Caputo should have done a little more research on the term "puff lifestyle"...the Brits here at CA know what I mean! :r

Smokin Gator 01-11-2009 06:55 PM

I was only on CS for a couple of months before the announcement. I still check in over there a time or two a day. That being said... I feel for all of my friends/brothers/sisters here who had much invested in CS. I truly appreciate what we have here, but I also know that there are many of you who just cannot stomach even a visit.

can tell you though... the look of the new site is not me at all.

G G 01-11-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 163151)
I was only on CS for a couple of months before the announcement. I still check in over there a time or two a day. That being said... I feel for all of my friends/brothers/sisters here who had much invested in CS. I truly appreciate what we have here, but I also know that there are many of you who just cannot stomach even a visit.

I couldn't agree with you more Brent.:tu

GTsetGO 01-11-2009 06:58 PM

i went through a "buy out" on another forum that I am an admin on (not a cigar site) and luckily the new owners left everything to the existing staff to run. Nothing has changed except for who owns the joint.

Sorry to see that some other "new" owners of a site couldn't use that philosophy

Starscream 01-11-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14holestogie (Post 163025)
100 days, almost. A pretty good run. A moment of silence, if you please.;)

:salute:It's been fun.

Smokin Gator 01-11-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggainey (Post 163156)
I couldn't agree with you more Brent.:tu

That is twice in one day that Greg has agreed with me... I am getting a little freaked out!!!:confused:

G G 01-11-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 163163)
That is twice in one day that Greg has agreed with me... I am getting a little freaked out!!!:confused:

Kinda freaky huh? Since we will never agree on college football I guess it's nice that we can agree on other things.:r

Whee 01-11-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 163151)

Seems awfully cluttered on the front page. But it's new, so maybe it'll get cleaned up. Kinda leans to the Afficionado Lite direction doesn't it?:hm

Da Klugs 01-11-2009 07:07 PM

There's like 13 ad's plus "content ads" on the homepage. :r

It's cigarlive renamed PUff with the CS post content to be rolled in.

Starscream 01-11-2009 07:08 PM

She's up and running here:

http://www.puff.com/

Forums are not running yet though.

schnell987 01-11-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotreds (Post 163122)
Bottom line: CS was my first "cigar" home, and as such, I'll miss it, and am saddened by its demise. Like most here(all?!) I am very thankful that the team of 11 decided to keep the spirit of CS continuing here at CA. Thanks guys! The king is dead, long live the king!

I agree.

Our old neighborhood changed, but we we've been blessed with a new & better one, thanks to the team of 11. Thanks, guys! :salute:

Whee 01-11-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Klugs (Post 163171)
There's like 13 ad's plus "content ads" on the homepage. :r

It's cigarlive renamed PUff with the CS post content to be rolled in.

i was thinking the same thing. They seemed to kinda close from reading various posts here and there.

mrreindeer 01-11-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggainey (Post 163130)
I pared this down to home in on the part I wanted to answer to. I don't think anyone is really looking forward to the demise. I feel that most of us are trying to put humor in something that is sad for most of us, or at least started out that way. Now we have CA thanks to the 11, and I agree with you that I love this place as well. It is much more homey to me than CS was, maybe that's because I was involved here from the get go. Not sure about everyone's feelings but that's my :2. And I don't think I have written it off just moved on.:)

Fair 'nuff....... :tu:tu

Starscream 01-11-2009 07:24 PM

Don't think I' gonna be frequenting that spot anymore. Looks like a bunch of garbage to me. But I'll give it a fair shot.

Like many others have said, Thank you Team of 11!

mrreindeer 01-11-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borndead1 (Post 163150)
And I still maintain that Caputo should have done a little more research on the term "puff lifestyle"...the Brits here at CA know what I mean! :r

:r:r:r

Blueface 01-11-2009 07:29 PM

Well, tried out of curiosity.
Seems my old user name and password are not good anymore.

DrDubzz 01-11-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borndead1 (Post 163150)

nope, I think he hit the nail on the head

Whee 01-11-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueface (Post 163232)

tried mine, but nothing happened. Maybe it's because of the CS side being down at the moment. While the main page seems a bit "commercial", I will be interested in seeing how the CS side looks when it comes back up.

Starscream 01-11-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueface (Post 163232)

:tpd:

Aren't we supposed to type in our username@clubstogie?

I tried that too, but it didn't work.