Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Technivorm (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2539)

Fullauto 10-25-2008 11:30 PM

Technivorm

My first Technivorm brewer should arrive Monday or Tuesday. Sure hope it lives up to the hype.

badhangover 10-26-2008 03:34 AM

Re: Technivorm

It does. However, much like cigars, you have to be able to notice the difference to appreciate the difference. I'm not trying to sound snobby. Just pointing out that quality must first be discerned to be appreciated.

I have the MoccaMaster CD. Which did you pick up?

Mister Moo 10-26-2008 07:59 AM

Them what has 'em seems to like 'em. :tu

Fullauto 10-26-2008 06:13 PM

Went with the MoccaMaster also. Have been waiting a month on delivery. Everyone seems to have them on back order but I have a Fed ex tracking number now. Picked up a Baratza Virtuoso Coffee Mill which has already arrived. It is a great grinder. Looking forward to some great coffee.

badhangover 10-27-2008 06:20 AM

You've got the same grinder as I have as well. Now what I know what your budget is like, I'd suggest springing for another $20 and picking up a Swissgold KF4 filter. I tried paper filters for a while, but those didn't come close to the Swissgold. You get a lot more oils coming through it. More sediment too. It comes the closest to press pot (French press) coffee I've had.

What's your roaster?

Fullauto 10-28-2008 11:58 AM

Thanks for the help I will order one!

Fullauto 10-29-2008 04:53 PM

The Technivorm showed up yesterday. I can honestly say I have never tasted coffee before!! This machine is great, I dont know how it does it but I am using the same beans and the coffee is totaly different. Great taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mister Moo 10-29-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullauto (Post 41709)
The Technivorm showed up yesterday. I can honestly say I have never tasted coffee before!! This machine is great, I dont know how it does it but I am using the same beans and the coffee is totaly different. Great taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be the effect of water at the correct temperature. Nice.

goalie204 12-05-2008 03:40 PM

good luck!

Da Klugs 12-05-2008 03:56 PM

Loves me my Mochamaster! :tu

ashmaster 12-05-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Klugs (Post 103370)
Loves me my Mochamaster! :tu

Ditto, one great machine!!!

DocLogic77 01-24-2009 06:22 PM

Switching from my cheap drip to the Technivorm Mochmaster with the thermocarafe made a huge difference in my coffee. It's really unbelieveable the difference a good coffee maker makes.

DocLogic77 01-24-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullauto (Post 41709)

That's exactly how I felt. If you don't roast your own beans...try it. It's another huge leap in flavor. The BlackDog himself pushed me off that ledge...and I am truly appreciative. :)

Fullauto 01-24-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullauto (Post 36272)
Picked up a Baratza Virtuoso Coffee Mill which has already arrived. .

After a few months and a lot of emails with the grinder people I have to say stay away from this grinder!!!! Went back to my cheap Kitchenaid for now. The Virtuoso Is a POS.

DocLogic77 01-24-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullauto (Post 189109)
After a few months and a lot of emails with the grinder people I have to say stay away from this grinder!!!! Went back to my cheap Kitchenaid for now. The Virtuoso Is a POS.

try the rocky rancilio...what a terrific grinder...worth every penny.

Fullauto 01-24-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocLogic77 (Post 189112)
try the rocky rancilio...what a terrific grinder...worth every penny.

Thanks for the heads up I will check it out.

germantown rob 02-03-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullauto (Post 189109)

Sounds like you got a real lemon, that sucks. I have had no problem with mine and got it from recommendations from people who have them. I would have gone for the Rocky for the extra $150 if I did espresso at home but lucky for me I have put off that expensive end of things.:D

Swampper 02-03-2009 08:57 PM

Technivorms are cool. My local coffee shop sells them, and they move quite well.

I don't think a top shelf grinder is needed for a drip or pour-over coffee maker. However, the highly adjustable burr grinder is essential for us loons who pull espresso shots every morning.

DocLogic77 02-03-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swampper (Post 213501)
Technivorms are cool. My local coffee shop sells them, and they move quite well.

I don't think a top shelf grinder is needed for a drip or pour-over coffee maker. However, the highly adjustable burr grinder is essential for us loons who pull espresso shots every morning.

Yup...espresso is a sickness...i love it. :D