Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Thumbs up to UncleBeanz.com (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29971)

Jack Straw 03-17-2010 09:01 PM

Thumbs up to UncleBeanz.com

So unclebeanz was recommended to me by a certain bovine forum member recently, and I've been enjoying their coffee thoroughly. It beats the other locally roasted stuff that I can get down the street (mediocre Stumptown coffee that is roasted in red hook and delivered weekly).

Anyway, I made an order at the end of last week, and it was taking longer than normal to ship. Before I even bothered to send an email asking what was up, I got a voicemail on my phone from the owner of unclebeanz, Norman Vazquez, explaining that they are having delays due to the power outages and that my order will ship by the end of the week, and leaving his personal cell phone number if I had any questions.

Now that is how you do business. You just don't get that anymore.

Tripp 03-17-2010 09:11 PM

Re: Thumbs up to UncleBeanz.com

Norm a great guy, who makes great coffee, I wish I ordered from him more often.

KenyanSandBoa 03-19-2010 11:06 AM

Wow...that is fantastic service!! I've never ordered from there before, but I'll have to check it out...heard great things.

...now I'm thinking about coffee :dr ...what did you order?

Jack Straw 03-19-2010 11:47 AM

I've tried a few - mostly regular coffee beans and one of the espresso beans. I really like the Santa Rita, the Puerto Rican is good, as is the Negrita. I would probably rank them in that order as far as what I personally liked best. Girlfriend liked the Puerto Rican best. I order two bags at a time (that's a little over a week of coffee in this house), with at least 1 new blend to try. With this order I am getting the "Natural Ethiopian Yirga Cheffe Gedio" and the Santa Rita again. They last a while in my bail top jars, but are only really out of this world within a week of getting them (they roast to order right before they ship, and except this time have roasted a business day or two after ordering).

floydpink 03-20-2010 05:58 PM

Norm is a good dude.

Jack Straw 03-22-2010 07:58 PM

Not to harp on this, but my coffee came and inside was a ziplock bag with a note on it saying "Thank you for your patience. Enjoy a fine smoke on me. -UB" Inside was a very nice cigar. What a class act.

ashtonlady 03-22-2010 09:34 PM

He is one of the best.

Wanger 03-24-2010 06:45 AM

Haven't ordered from them yet, but will in the future. :)

mad4maduro 03-24-2010 08:03 PM

how much is shipping for a lb of coffee from uncle beanz?

Jack Straw 03-24-2010 08:50 PM

It's just priority mail, they use those sort of cube shaped priority mail boxes and it costs like $6 or whatever to ship. If I get 2 bags (they are all 12 oz I think) it comes to like 15 a bag for the normally priced coffees.

novasurf 03-25-2010 03:48 PM

Thanks for your feedback folks. It is appreciated.

nayslayer 03-30-2010 10:14 PM

Just ordered some the other day, waiting on it's arrival

Costa 04-02-2010 10:47 AM

I just put a $130+ order yesterday. After trying other places, I kept coming back to the service and quality at UncleBeanz.

I truly love spending my money at places like this run by people like this.

floydpink 04-02-2010 12:01 PM

Craig,

Haven't seen you post in a while and was wondering how the Macap is working out for you?

On topic, the one thing I like most about Norman's roasting is just that; his roasting.

So many others seem to over roast to Vienna and just kill the beans in my opinion.

Not all his blends are full city plus, but I personally never tried an over roasted blend or single origin from him.

Costa 04-02-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydpink (Post 814719)
Craig,

Haven't seen you post in a while and was wondering how the Macap is working out for you?

On topic, the one thing I like most about Norman's roasting is just that; his roasting.

So many others seem to over roast to Vienna and just kill the beans in my opinion.

Not all his blends are full city plus, but I personally never tried an over roasted blend or single origin from him.

Hey Pete! Everything is working out awesome! Love the grinder and the Technivorn! Was a great investment, as I use it daily and will have them for life. Thanks for all of your input! Can't believe I used to drink Folders out of a bad coffee maker...lol. Part of the journey, haha.

Now I just need to pull the trigger on the espresso maker, probably this fall.

novasurf 04-03-2010 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Costa (Post 814654)
I just put a $130+ order yesterday. After trying other places, I kept coming back to the service and quality at UncleBeanz.
I truly love spending my money at places like this run by people like this.

Thank you.

nayslayer 04-03-2010 04:39 PM

I just recieved mine yesterday, can't wait for some this coming week

ashtonlady 04-03-2010 06:52 PM

What are you waiting for? Tomorrow is coming faster.

nayslayer 04-03-2010 09:34 PM

ha,i'm cheap and don't want to waste the fine sams town blend thats in the grinder right now

Costa 04-06-2010 02:37 PM

My MONSTER box came in today. I always seem to order WAY more than I need...lol.