Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The 9th Hawaiian Island (Las Vegas) (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37338)

jdakine 10-07-2010 11:16 PM

The 9th Hawaiian Island (Las Vegas)

Well leaving for what we call the 9th Island Las Vegas on Friday. Meeting up with some family and looking forward to a great time.

I'm sure I will be spending a fair amount of time at Casa Fuente dropping some coin in that place. Any advise on local B&M's in the area?? Not sure what kind of time I will have, so nothing to far away.

Thanks

J0eybb 10-07-2010 11:28 PM

Re: The 9th Hawaiian Island (Las Vegas)

Pheasants, Sahara and the I-15

LasciviousXXX 10-07-2010 11:32 PM

To be entirely honest.... bring your own smokes. Unless you're getting decently off the strip you'll be paying far over FMV for your smokes. Although considering how much cigars were running when I was on Maui last year, you might be getting a price break LOL

jdakine 10-07-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX (Post 1015634)
To be entirely honest.... bring your own smokes. Unless you're getting decently off the strip you'll be paying far over FMV for your smokes. Although considering how much cigars were running when I was on Maui last year, you might be getting a price break LOL

Well there is only one real cigar shop on the West side, so I understand, however he did lower is prices a little on Opus in his new location.

Bring a 18 count cigar caddy with my own stuff, thanks

VirtualSmitty 10-08-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Haha, you ain't kidding Tyr. I was really ripped one night, stumbled into an ABC and bought a fiver of those Island Prince smokes for a hundred bucks :r

Don Fernando 10-08-2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0eybb (Post 1015632)
Pheasants

:tpd:

one of our inmates works there, Andrew aka Scottish Smoker. Great place to hang out, nice selection of smokes and an 'In n out' on the same parking lot ;)

LasciviousXXX 10-08-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty (Post 1015646)
Haha, you ain't kidding Tyr. I was really ripped one night, stumbled into an ABC and bought a fiver of those Island Prince smokes for a hundred bucks :r

HAhahahaha! That doesn't surprise me at all bro :tu

Yeah Jay, you're probably better off bringing your own smokes. While Casa Fuente is nice, I really only go there for the drinks and the novelty of smoking in a mall-like setting. Plus its right across from Victoria's Secret.

We traveled the whole island and visited family there but pretty much stayed in Wailuku, Makawao and Lahaina. My nephew even gave me an "Upcountry - Makawao Pride" t-shirt LOL

sikk50 10-08-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Sound advice. I always bring a bunch of sticks with me. The only things I buy out there are Casa Fuentes and thats only bc they are my "sipping chamagne in a hot tub, horse back ride on the beach, candle lit dinner...." you get the idea. lol.