Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   2010 NFL Draft Thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31224)

Resipsa 04-21-2010 02:54 PM

2010 NFL Draft Thread

Come on. You know you are going to watch it tomorrow night.....:banger

Who's your team, and what they gonna do?

Come on baby, Daddy needs a new pair of shoes............well, some teams need new shoes, pants, jocks, underwear, shirts, eyeglasses........:r

St. Lou Stu 04-21-2010 03:08 PM

Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Man, I dunno.... Denver needs a QB in a bad way.
I mean a real QB, not their present excuses for a QB.

Only problem is, a drafted rookie QB isn't worth his weight in gnat feces.
Hopefully they can make some pick trades and come up with a winner.

The Poet 04-21-2010 03:08 PM

Vic, I was just about to post that I pay no attention to it because, unlike the NBA draft, it is seldom that an NFL draft actually has any immediate effect upon a team. Although it's not as meaningless as the MLB draft, it always seems to take a few years before there's any real impact by any player selected.

Then I happened to look to the north, where the Jets have their training facility about a mile from me, and remembered that Mark Sanchez was in town drinking coffee and signing autographs last week. And look at what that pack of perennial losers almost pulled of last year, with only one major change to the squad. So you tell me . . . who's a game-changer coming out this year?

St. Lou Stu 04-21-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 834747)
Vic, I was just about to post that I pay no attention to it because, unlike the NBA draft, it is seldom that an NFL draft actually has any immediate effect upon a team. Although it's not as meaningless as the MLB draft, it always seems to take a few years before there's any real impact by any player selected.

Then I happened to look to the north, where the Jets have their training facility about a mile from me, and remembered that Mark Sanchez was in town drinking coffee and signing autographs last week. And look at what that pack of perennial losers almost pulled of last year, with only one major change to the squad. So you tell me . . . who's a game-changer coming out this year?

The only one that has a chance IMHO is that boy from Oklahoma..... whatshisface.:D

GreekGodX 04-21-2010 03:14 PM

Lions look like they finally have something going for them :) Hopefully we can get Suh

jledou 04-21-2010 03:16 PM

Hadn't really thought about it much yet but it looks like the Raiders are looking for O-Line, I would still say that they could use something else too but hey if anything is a given Uncle Al is definitely not going to what everyone else thinks he should do.

Look for another unheard of corner back or wide receiver?

tx_tuff 04-21-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poet (Post 834747)

Are you serious? There are many players every year that make impact as rookies!

tx_tuff 04-21-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jledou (Post 834767)
Hadn't really thought about it much yet but it looks like the Raiders are looking for O-Line, I would still say that they could use something else too but hey if anything is a given Uncle Al is definitely not going to what everyone else thinks he should do.

Look for another unheard of corner back or wide receiver?

I feel for Raider fans! I see all the mock drafts with them taking a OL and I think do these guys really know Al Davis LOL.

tx_tuff 04-21-2010 03:21 PM

I'm a Texans fan and I'm hoping that either RD Matthews or CB McCourtny will be there for them to pick up. I really want them to get Matthews!

NeverEnoughStick 04-21-2010 03:22 PM

Any feelings on how this Roethelisberger situation is going to affect the draft?

E.J. 04-21-2010 03:25 PM

"...with the 11th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos take Dez Bryant, wide reciever, Oklahoma State University....."

Commander Quan 04-21-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverEnoughStick (Post 834776)
Any feelings on how this Roethelisberger situation is going to affect the draft?

Everyone drafted will have to give a DNA sample.

:r

The Poet 04-21-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx_tuff (Post 834768)
Are you serious? There are many players every year that make impact as rookies!

Hang around here long enough, and you'll learn - I'm NEVER serious. :D

NeverEnoughStick 04-21-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Quan (Post 834780)
Everyone drafted will have to give a DNA sample.

:r

Sad but true! :r

forgop 04-21-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu (Post 834746)
Man, I dunno.... Denver needs a QB in a bad way.
I mean a real QB, not their present excuses for a QB.

Only problem is, a drafted rookie QB isn't worth his weight in gnat feces.
Hopefully they can make some pick trades and come up with a winner.

Orton is decent-he just needs a WR now and they need some help on defense.

NeverEnoughStick 04-21-2010 03:42 PM

I hope the 'Skins strengthen up the O-line. Protect the aging McNabb and provide protection for our RB's

PeteSB75 04-21-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverEnoughStick (Post 834794)
I hope the 'Skins strengthen up the O-line. Protect the aging McNabb and provide protection for our RB's

Who you kidding? The danny will waste another first round pick on yet another qb. Because that's really what we need...

MiamiE 04-21-2010 08:36 PM

Dolphins are going to trade down.

Resipsa 04-22-2010 07:00 AM

tick tock.....who's on the clock?

NeverEnoughStick 04-22-2010 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteSB75 (Post 835093)
Who you kidding? The danny will waste another first round pick on yet another qb. Because that's really what we need...

I agree but what are our options? We pick 4th and the only two I think are going to make it in the NFL are Bradford whos going either 1st or 2nd and Tebow.

I think we can hold out for atleast another year. Because if we draft a QB who do we have to protect them? We would be better off strengthening the O-line then getting a QB next year or something.