Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "beaters" or "yard-gars" (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26247)

Langod 12-19-2009 07:53 AM

"beaters" or "yard-gars"

What all do you guys smoke whilst working outside?
With winter having arrived and most of the East Coast being slammed (or about to be) with a Northeaster, what's a good snow-blowing cigar?
In the summer, I might go with something like a Punch Champion (about $5), but in the winter, you're taking the chance of it getting wet from snow. So even a $5 cigar might be a waste of money.
So what's really cheap, and a decent smoke?

Blueface 12-19-2009 08:08 AM

Re: "beaters" or "yard-gars"

Since snow is not a concern for me and hence no fear of getting them wet, I have evolved to smoking whatever I see in the humi that calls me.

I know some see it as a waste to smoke a good cigar while working around the house/yard. I see it as a waste NOT to smoke a good cigar if one is going to smoke at all.

SmokinApe 12-19-2009 08:24 AM

I'll smoke cheaper mixed filler "sandwitch" style cigars or seconds... If I am doing "hard labor."

md4958 12-19-2009 08:31 AM

Flor de Olivas are decent inexpensive smokes. Ususally around $1-$2 per stick.

for CCs you might wanna try a Los Statos, or a Piedra

Red 12-19-2009 08:32 AM

id rather do all the labor, then enjoy a really good cigar when im all done!

Kreth 12-19-2009 08:48 AM

For NCs, there's a stickied Cheap Smoke Thread with all kinds of options. I usually don't smoke while doing yard work, but on the golf course I'll go with a cheaper smoke. There's plenty of tasty, cheap smokes, like the FdO mentioned above, so you don't necessarily have to sacrifice flavor.
Posted via Mobile Device

madwilliamflint 12-19-2009 09:26 AM

L&R Edicion Limitadas. (It's supposed to be a Montecristo 'C' knockoff but, never having had one, I know nothing.) $30 something for a block of 20. They need some rest as they go through those fast enough that they're pretty young when you get them. But drop a bunch in a box for a month and you're good to go. I never regret picking one up.

icehog3 12-19-2009 09:44 AM

Tampa Sweethearts #500 are pretty good, for about $2 a cigar.

http://tampasweetheart.com/?page=sho...9393c06c2f327&

Starscream 12-19-2009 09:47 AM

Los Statos or RP Fumas

Adriftpanda 12-19-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 686466)

:tpd:

I had one not too long ago and thought it was very good.

mcmoyer 12-19-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 686383)

:tu

I agree...I like to sit and enjoy my smoke. I've tried lighting one up & going out to work and it just doesn't do it for me.

theonlybear4CORT 12-19-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 686466)

:banger Great $2 cigar and if you have to pitch it you wont feel bad for wasting so much of your hard earned mula.

Don Fernando 12-19-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langod (Post 686350)
What all do you guys smoke whilst working outside?
With winter having arrived and most of the East Coast being slammed (or about to be) with a Northeaster, what's a good snow-blowing cigar?
In the summer, I might go with something like a Punch Champion (about $5), but in the winter, you're taking the chance of it getting wet from snow. So even a $5 cigar might be a waste of money.
So what's really cheap, and a decent smoke?

try a Vegas de Santiago puros torpedo. They are cheap (bundle of 20 $ 66.00
bundle of 50 $ 128.00) and I like 'em a lot. www.vegassantiago.com

Blindjimme 12-19-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 686383)

I'm also in this camp. I reach for a cheapie when time is the issue. FdO or Jose Piedra, both can be pretty tasty. Right on Moe :tu

Red 12-19-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmoyer (Post 686516)
:tu

I agree...I like to sit and enjoy my smoke. I've tried lighting one up & going out to work and it just doesn't do it for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blindjimme (Post 686595)
I'm also in this camp. I reach for a cheapie when time is the issue. FdO or Jose Piedra, both can be pretty tasty. Right on Moe :tu

yah ive tried smoking a cheap cigar while mowing the lawn or something, but regardless of when or where you smoke a bad cigar..its still a bad cigar..and just makes mowing the lawn that much less enjoyable LOL.
i only smoke when i have time to and something i can enjoy! Not tring to be a snob just hard to smoke and work at the same time unless its a very tiny rg. Like a tatuaje petite or something :dr

Don Fernando 12-19-2009 12:06 PM

cheap doesn't mean bad Red.

Footbag 12-19-2009 12:19 PM

Partagas PC Especiales. Cheap as a yard gar, tasty as a premium and enough bite to remind you you're smoking a cigar while using the power tools.

Red 12-19-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Fernando (Post 686608)

if i had to choose a yard gar, i would go with the tabacoz baez SF

SmokinApe 12-19-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Fernando (Post 686608)

Agreed, and mowing the lawn or shoveling snow sucks... doing it with a cigar makes it better... Why wouldn't you smoke???

I'll smoke one while working and then relax with another after.... I think it's a little silly that folks need basically smoke in an isolation tank for fear that they might not enjoy a cigar to it's full potential...

Red 12-19-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinApe (Post 686631)
Agreed, and mowing the lawn or shoveling snow sucks... doing it with a cigar makes it better... Why wouldn't you smoke???

I'll smoke one while working and then relax with another after.... I think it's a little silly that folks need basically smoke in an isolation tank for fear that they might not enjoy a cigar to it's full potential...

i just personally like to chill out when i smoke. thats all. im not in fear of anything, hell im normally drunk when i smoke so im sure im not getting the full potential