Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   &)@#&(^$ !!!! I'm soo MAD!!! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62102)

chaase321 05-30-2013 02:03 PM

&)@#&(^$ !!!! I'm soo MAD!!!

So, I just went to the mailbox...my MAW should be arriving today.

This is what greeted me in the box. It says that it was received this way at my PO. Looking for some advice...what do you guys think I should do? Should I open it to see if the sticks are ok? Or should I go BIT#H about it? I was really looking forward to these sticks that I haven't had.

It really ticks me off...how can a box get this destroyed? It seriously looks like it got stuck in a conveyor belt, shut in a door, ran over by a truck, and then for good fun dropped and jumped on!

If anyone has any experience with this, let me know.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...ps220251d1.jpg
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...psf10b84ff.jpg
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9c1da2f3.jpg
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...psd2eb8385.jpg

jetsman2806 05-30-2013 02:06 PM

Re: &)@#&(^$ !!!! I'm soo MAD!!!

umm usually when a package is received in this condition by the PO they stamp it stating it was received in that condition. if its not stamped it could mean that it got damaged on the way to you.

Zane 05-30-2013 02:06 PM

Unless it was insured I am not sure what can be done... :-/

Lockspur 05-30-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsman2806 (Post 1841653)
umm usually when a package is received in this condition by the PO they stamp it stating it was received in that condition. if its not stamped it could mean that it got damaged on the way to you.

I think that's what the RECEIVED UNSEALED AT... stamp is. :sh

chaase321 05-30-2013 02:09 PM

yeah, it was stamped....so does this mean...HAHAHA it was like this before we got it, you're screwed!

jetsman2806 05-30-2013 02:09 PM

looking closer at the 3rd pic i am seeing the stamp, so you can ask the person who shipped it to check with the office that sent it off. send the pics so they can have an idea of the damage. check the contents also and send pics to whoever sent it to you.

Lockspur 05-30-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaase321 (Post 1841657)
yeah, it was stamped....so does this mean...HAHAHA it was like this before we got it, you're screwed!

Sadly, it seems that way. Sorry Cole. :(

sevans105 05-30-2013 02:10 PM

FYI...you may want to blur your address in the first pic...

As for seeing this before...not in my experience. sucks. I'm assuming the sticks inside were all ruined?

jetsman2806 05-30-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevans105 (Post 1841660)

As for seeing this before...not in my experience. sucks. I'm assuming the sticks inside were all ruined?

i dealt with something similar before the company that shipped it when they saw the pics i sent to them immediately sent off another package to replace the one ruined by the PO. Not all companies would do this though.

macsauce13 05-30-2013 02:13 PM

I've never understood the whole "we received it this way" excuse. When exactly are they suggesting it was damaged? When the customer brought the package in to be mailed? If not (and lets be honest, it wasn't...) it was still damaged in the hands of the USPS. It's their fault. It is the USPS' job to safely deliver mail. I should NOT have to insure everything I send, THEY should have to insure everything I send. Their job is to deliver, it should be their fault if they mess up.

I'm also VERY pissy with the PO this year. In the last 9 months, (roughly) I've lost 3 packages.

chaase321 05-30-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsman2806 (Post 1841658)
looking closer at the 3rd pic i am seeing the stamp, so you can ask the person who shipped it to check with the office that sent it off. send the pics so they can have an idea of the damage. check the contents also and send pics to whoever sent it to you.

That bad part is, it was cigars...they are damaged...but the issue is...most post offices swear that cigars are not allowed to be shipped, so I have to show them where it just says cigarettes. So it's a big mess when you mention cigars to the PO.

I'm getting a shot of the sticks now, since it's not likely I can get anything from this, I might as well unbox it.

czerbe 05-30-2013 02:15 PM

Damn... that sucks bro... sorry to see that

chaase321 05-30-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macsauce13 (Post 1841665)
I've never understood the whole "we received it this way" excuse. When exactly are they suggesting it was damaged? When the customer brought the package in to be mailed? If not (and lets be honest, it wasn't...) it was still damaged in the hands of the USPS. It's their fault. It is the USPS' job to safely deliver mail. I should NOT have to insure everything I send, THEY should have to insure everything I send. Their job is to deliver, it should be their fault if they mess up.

Totally agree! It was stamped at my location...which is even funnier. If it was stamped at the departure location, then I could understand, but who else touches it between locations other than USPS!

jetsman2806 05-30-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaase321 (Post 1841666)
That bad part is, it was cigars...they are damaged...but the issue is...most post offices swear that cigars are not allowed to be shipped, so I have to show them where it just says cigarettes. So it's a big mess when you mention cigars to the PO.

I'm getting a shot of the sticks now, since it's not likely I can get anything from this, I might as well unbox it.

that sucks. well good luck

chaase321 05-30-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsman2806 (Post 1841664)
i dealt with something similar before the company that shipped it when they saw the pics i sent to them immediately sent off another package to replace the one ruined by the PO. Not all companies would do this though.

Not a company. Individual here on CA...not their fault though!

chaase321 05-30-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevans105 (Post 1841660)

Yeah...my computer was running slow, so I didn't want to take more time lol (lazy!) but anyway, we are only at this address for another month before moving into the new house...so bring it! :r jk of course

chaase321 05-30-2013 02:27 PM

And here are the sticks :(

New Super Shot Zombie that I haven't had yet. Tat mex...one of the favs. Tat black PL...another fav. L'Atelier...never had and looking forward to it (I think it is still smokeable). Recluse...never had (maybe smokeable other than the bend).

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...psaff24344.jpg

jetsman2806 05-30-2013 02:30 PM

that sucks :(

BHalbrooks 05-30-2013 02:38 PM

I threw up a little in my mouth :(
Sorry bro.

688sonarmen 05-30-2013 02:40 PM

Boo sorry to hear this. But **** happens. I would put it in a drawer or closet out of sight pick a cigar and relax. Then see if something can be done about it.