Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Ed Hardy Vodka (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33144)

sikk50 06-17-2010 03:30 PM

Ed Hardy Vodka

Anyone had it?

I don't like vodka really, but I'm a brand whore, more specificly an Ed Hardy whore. So I've gone back and forth on it for a while. I mostly want the bottle, but I don't want to pay $50 for a bottle of cheap vodka cough*grey goose*cough.

So I figured i'd see if any of you have tried it

Mindflux 06-17-2010 03:31 PM

Re: Ed Hardy Vodka

I wouldn't give money to the 'Ed Hardy' name if my life depended on it.

Brutus2600 06-17-2010 03:38 PM

Yeeeeeah...I wouldn't expect anything good out of the bottle, but if you want it for the bottle to display, don't think twice about it *shrug*

I've seen the Ed Hardy beer...wouldn't think about drinking that ever, and same with the vodka. I'm sure it'd be ok in mixed drinks, but if you're buying it for the bottle then who cares :D

Pistol 06-17-2010 03:45 PM

I'll keep my Ed Hardy comments to myself, but one brand of vodka that I really like despite how much I loathe the marketing is Ciroc. Who knows, maybe it's good despite the crazy bottle? I know Ciroc really surprised me.

Skywalker 06-17-2010 03:53 PM

Vodka probably tastes like this...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2521/...7d5d2d34d5.jpg

Just sayin'!!!:r

sikk50 06-17-2010 04:16 PM

So what you're really trying to say MOBD is that's going to tast like...vodka? :r

Brutus2600 06-17-2010 04:17 PM

rofl

Tenor CS 06-17-2010 04:34 PM

More than likely tastes like vinegar and water. To fit in with the whole douche theme.

Someone had to say it.

AD720 06-17-2010 04:47 PM

In all seriousness I've heard it's not that great from people whose Vodka palate I trust...Haven't tried it myself.

Sauer Grapes 06-17-2010 05:49 PM

:r:r:r:r

replicant_argent 06-17-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenor CS (Post 890835)
More than likely tastes like vinegar and water. To fit in with the whole douche theme.

Someone had to say it.

I gotta go with Christian on this one.
Just say no.
Wean yourself slowly.
You may thank us later.

:r

Or just buy it, and hope to hell it is worth a crap, which I would bet pretty heavy money it isn't very good.
If you like it, you may be able to buy it REALLY cheap when it tanks in the market... Or conversely it may may be VERY hard to get if demand from the "look at me set" digs it.
Either way, good luck.

replicant_argent 06-17-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant_argent (Post 890902)
I gotta go with Christian on this one.
Just say no.
Wean yourself slowly.
You may thank us later.

:r

Or just buy it, and hope to hell it is worth a crap, which I would bet pretty heavy money it isn't very good.
If you like it, you may be able to buy it REALLY cheap when it tanks in the market... Or conversely it may may be VERY hard to get if demand from the "look at me set" digs it.
Either way, good luck.

BTW, anyone that has ever known me knows I have the palate of a goat, and except for my taste in my lovely wife, I have none, so YMMV.

Skywalker 06-17-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant_argent (Post 890907)
BTW, anyone that has ever known me knows I have the palate of a goat, and except for my taste in my lovely wife, I have none, so YMMV.

Well said!!!:r:r:r

Wanger 06-18-2010 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant_argent (Post 890907)

LMAO Pete! I've seen the rum you have in the smoking room, and the scotch (remember you gave me a glass one time). Goat palate? HARDLY!

And I also will agree with Christian on this one. Never seen anything cool about an Ed Hardy product on an adult (had to specify, because both of my boys have a hat, and they were both purchased cheap at Marshall's, LOL).

GreekGodX 06-18-2010 07:46 AM

Just say no.

jmsremax 06-18-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindflux (Post 890737)
I wouldn't give money to the 'Ed Hardy' name if my life depended on it.

:tpd:

What's next....Ed Hardy organic foods....

Parshooter 06-19-2010 06:31 AM

Who is Ed Hardy ?

DougBushBC 06-19-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parshooter (Post 892348)
Who is Ed Hardy ?

A made up brand name by a french designer name Christian Audiger, who also was responsible for the truck hats by Von Douche (sp?) craze a while back.

Superbad 06-19-2010 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parshooter (Post 892348)
Who is Ed Hardy ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Ed_Hardy

A tattoo artist. Old school stuff. One of the most oversold brands I have ever seen.

SmokinApe 06-19-2010 09:35 AM

I think his; wine, beer, vodka and champagne are more for people concerned with drinking a brand name then drinking a quality product...

Look at how we as a community respond to things like Sopranos branded cigars or celebrity cigars... I am sure on the vodka forums they feel the same way about this...