Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Sikaro Typhoon triple torch (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=72536)

Nazgul 01-20-2017 04:07 PM

Sikaro Typhoon triple torch

https://i.imgur.com/yIZ8nPv.jpg

Picked this off Amazon after coming across a review video of it. It really is a tank, that's all I can say so far. Looking forward to giving it a try tomorrow in above-freezing temperatures.

Remo 01-20-2017 04:08 PM

Re: Sikaro Typhoon triple torch

Looks good, enjoy it :tu

Nazgul 01-20-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo (Post 2114544)
Looks good, enjoy it :tu

Thanks Remo, it will be my first torch lighter in many years

shilala 01-20-2017 06:35 PM

I like it.
Nice pickup, brother!!! :tu

icehog3 01-20-2017 11:40 PM

Look forward to hearing a review tomorrow, and a follow up in a couple months. Always good to see how they work after a couple fillups. :tu

Nazgul 01-21-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2114577)
Look forward to hearing a review tomorrow, and a follow up in a couple months. Always good to see how they work after a couple fillups. :tu

I always found that to be the issue with my torches in the past. They grew weaker and weaker with every refill... I use Ronson butane fuel but maybe I'll have to shell out for something a little cleaner

Yamasa 01-21-2017 09:48 AM

See if you can find a product called "Whip-It".
It is refined in S.Korea by the largest butane processor in the world.
It is also refined 9x. I put Ronson or Xigar in a lighter and I have to turn up the flame after using whip it, and vice versa.
It really is a noticeable improvement in burn, and it is usually cheaper that any of the others.

Also, as a side note, a product that falls right in between these 2 in terms of burn is Weller, which supplies butane for gas soldering devices. However it is not cheap.

Nazgul 01-21-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamasa (Post 2114610)
See if you can find a product called "Whip-It".
It is refined in S.Korea by the largest butane processor in the world.
It is also refined 9x. I put Ronson or Xigar in a lighter and I have to turn up the flame after using whip it, and vice versa.
It really is a noticeable improvement in burn, and it is usually cheaper that any of the others.

Also, as a side note, a product that falls right in between these 2 in terms of burn is Weller, which supplies butane for gas soldering devices. However it is not cheap.

Thanks for the tip. Doesn't look too pricey on Amazon, I will order a case if Ronson begins to fail me

Nazgul 01-21-2017 01:51 PM

Righto. The debut performance of this lighter was a success, exceedingly so. I very quickly became aware of my unfamiliarity with the strength of a triple torch. The effectiveness of the built-in punch in the foot of the lighter turned it into an ideal all-in-one tool for cigar prep. After some quick fiddling I was able to get an even toast in about 3 seconds, which remained so throughout the entirety of the stick. The punch wasn't as sharp as I am used to, but a little more effort yielded the expected result.

So far, I like it very much.

icehog3 01-21-2017 04:01 PM

Very good. :tu

Again, I'm awaiting your review after a couple months of regular use.

Nazgul 02-07-2017 12:13 PM

Sparker died after about a week of use. No answer from the company and I'm not holding my breath. I picked up a Regal triple torch with a lifelong warranty instead. Take a pass on the Sikaro

Remo 02-07-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazgul (Post 2116262)
Sparker died after about a week of use. No answer from the company and I'm not holding my breath. I picked up a Regal triple torch with a lifelong warranty instead. Take a pass on the Sikaro

That's too bad, thanks for the test though.

longknocker 02-07-2017 02:33 PM

Sorry It Didn't Work Out.;s Another Reason For Always Buying Xikar With Their Lifetime, "No Questions Asked", Warranty!:tu

Nazgul 02-08-2017 09:19 AM

That's the way she goes. It's a pertty paperweight at least

AdamJoshua 02-08-2017 12:15 PM

Too bad about the lighter, on amazon you can just tell them it's crap and you want to return it and at least you'll get your money back. A lot of the time Amazon doesn't even want the time back and they tell you to keep it.

That being said I'm a big fan of Ronson el'cheapo torch lighters that you can get for just under 4 bucks at Walmart.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....OL._SY679_.jpg

Nazgul 02-08-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 2116350)
Too bad about the lighter, on amazon you can just tell them it's crap and you want to return it and at least you'll get your money back. A lot of the time Amazon doesn't even want the time back and they tell you to keep it.

That being said I'm a big fan of Ronson el'cheapo torch lighters that you can get for just under 4 bucks at Walmart.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....OL._SY679_.jpg

Thanks for the tip, I may try to get a refund for it. I've searched far and wide for those Ronson Jetlites (highly recommended elsewhere as well) but I'm afraid they aren't available in Canadian stores.

Nazgul 02-11-2017 06:11 PM

I redact my previous statements. Me, being the silly fool that I am, forgot the necessity of purging torch lighters. Once I did that, all is fine again. Jumped the gun a bit, I've corrected my amazon rating and will report back when she eventually dies for good

AdamJoshua 02-12-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazgul (Post 2116674)
I redact my previous statements. Me, being the silly fool that I am, forgot the necessity of purging torch lighters. Once I did that, all is fine again. Jumped the gun a bit, I've corrected my amazon rating and will report back when she eventually dies for good

Well it's not like you dumped Gibson two weeks into the fantasy season. :bh

icehog3 02-12-2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazgul (Post 2116674)

Excellent, talk to you in a couple weeks. ;s :r

Nazgul 02-12-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2116714)
Excellent, talk to you in a couple weeks. ;s :r

:r:r Glad to have the team behind me with this one