Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Things People Do That Amaze You (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11931)

ahc4353 03-12-2009 11:10 AM

Things People Do That Amaze You

I can't be the only one that sees this stuff so post it here.

Today while waiting on line at the local Mexican establishment (Taco Bell) the guy in front of me comes unglued that his food in a to go bag and his order was eat in. I mean this guy is pi$$ed yelling at the kid. Makes the poor kid take it out of the bag and put it on a tray!

I stand there in total shock. Wholly ch!t man it's Taco Bell take a f'in chill pill!!!

Amazing just amazing.

white_s2k 03-12-2009 11:17 AM

Re: Things People Do That Amaze You

When people spend 10 minutes yelling at me at the pharmacy counter about their $50 copay. Sir, we don't set your damn copays - go yell at your employer and insurance company for having a crappy insurance plan!!!!

Ok, I needed to get that out. :D

poker 03-12-2009 11:35 AM

Seen a guy the other week at the local Smart & Final store. He was in front of me in line and all he had was a 1 gallon tub of vanilla ice cream. The guy wrote a check and handed it to the cashier. After a few minutes, the cashier hands him back the check & he walks off without the ice cream.
I ask her what was that all about. Seems his check for $3.27 wouldn't clear due to insufficient funds.
Amazing....

taltos 03-12-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahc4353 (Post 284111)

Today while waiting on line at the local Mexican establishment (Taco Bell) the guy in front of me comes unglued that his food in a to go bag and his order was eat in. I mean this guy is pi$$ed yelling at the kid. Makes the poor kid take it out of the bag and put it on a tray!

I stand there in total shock. Wholly ch!t man it's Taco Bell take a f'in chill pill!!!

Amazing just amazing.

Maybe seeing it in the bag made the customer think that the food came from the internet.:D

DPD6030 03-12-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by white_s2k (Post 284130)
When people spend 10 minutes yelling at me at the pharmacy counter about their $50 copay. Sir, we don't set your damn copays - go yell at your employer and insurance company for having a crappy insurance plan!!!!

Ok, I needed to get that out. :D

Now I know where the drug hookup is at!

You should see how many times I get yelled at because it was MY fault that the citizen broke the law or it wasn't them it was the car behind them. At least once everyday that I work I hear an excuse and/or get yelled at.

shilala 03-12-2009 11:40 AM

I'm just not amazed any more. :)
I do enjoy human watching, and I'm a great fan of the human condition.
I feel fortunate that the entertainment will never end. :D

Scottw 03-12-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taltos (Post 284155)
Maybe seeing it in the bag made the customer think that the food came from the internet.:D

THen you really can't blame him. Taco bell bought at the actual location is gourmet while the internet Taco Bells use piles of meat and lettuce from the floor that is not otherwise sent to the "B&M Taco Bells". I can see his point.

Genetic Defect 03-12-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPD6030 (Post 284156)

You should see how many times I get yelled at because it was MY fault that the citizen broke the law or it wasn't them it was the car behind them. At least once everyday that I work I hear an excuse and/or get yelled at.

don't you have a speeder to pull over?:fu

14holestogie 03-12-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

I've found that yelling at the officer always works wonders. :r

shilala 03-12-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

I had to sit in revocation court a few months ago. I went as a character witness but never had to speak.
While I was there I got to hear a never-ending stream of stupidity that bordered on retardation. I thought "Dood, you've had months to craft a lie. Couldn't you at least have enough respect for the judge's intelligence to get some help making up your lie?"
Just when I thought I'd heard the worst lie I ever heard, the next knucklehead would step up and do one better. :D
How you guys stand it, I'll never know.

Mugen910 03-12-2009 11:45 AM

People who to go a fast food joint and stare at the menu for 10min considering the fact that it really hasn't changed to much over the last few months.

People who biggie size/super size their combo meal and then ask for diet coke. :r

How about a National Guard soldier who is standing around for crowd control during the Boston Marathon and while I get to mile 16 by foot I hear him say to someone..."Man..I'm tired" :c

Genetic Defect 03-12-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 284168)
I had to sit in revocation court a few months ago. I went as a character witness but never had to speak.
While I was there I got to hear a never-ending stream of stupidity that bordered on retardation. I thought "Dood, you've had months to craft a lie. Couldn't you at least have enough respect for the judge's intelligence to get some help making up your lie?"
Just when I thought I'd heard the worst lie I ever heard, the next knucklehead would step up and do one better. :D
How you guys stand it, I'll never know.

they go to school tolearn to lie :wo

as for the idiot at taco bell I would have taken my bag and sat at the table

JE3146 03-12-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen910 (Post 284170)
People who to go a fast food joint and stare at the menu for 10min considering the fact that it really hasn't changed to much over the last few months.

People who biggie size/super size their combo meal and then ask for diet coke. :r

How about a National Guard soldier who is standing around for crowd control during the Boston Marathon and while I get to mile 16 by foot I hear him say to someone..."Man..I'm tired" :c

I take offense to that one.

Type 1 diabetic... not type 2. I like to put my carbs where it counts and that isn't in a regular soft drinks :r

So when I'm hungry... damn right I'll order a biggie size with a diet coke :r

:D

Genetic Defect 03-12-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JE3146 (Post 284190)
I take offense to that one.

Type 1 diabetic... not type 2. I like to put my carbs where it counts and that isn't in a regular soft drinks :r

So when I'm hungry... damn right I'll order a biggie size with a diet coke :r

:D

try water :wo

JE3146 03-12-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Vito (Post 284194)
try water :wo

Hush you :D

G G 03-12-2009 12:05 PM

I hate to go on a 911 call and the person is not in any distress at all and wants us to transport them anyhow because they "will get to see the doctor quicker if I go by ambulance". Matter of fact our other truck is on the way to a call right now where the chief complaint is irritation after swallowing approximately one mouthful of Pinesol.

Don Fernando 03-12-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahc4353 (Post 284111)

But I told the kid before I ordered that I wanted it on a plate, he should have listened :mad:

Genetic Defect 03-12-2009 12:12 PM

:( me go back in corner
Quote:

Originally Posted by JE3146 (Post 284195)
Hush you :D

Whee 03-12-2009 12:14 PM

oh my, where do I begin. Working in the tax business for 16 years, I have seen it all.

"No ma'am, we're not the IRS, we don;t set the rules."
"I'm sorry ma'am, your dog is not really a dependent."
"I'm sorry your husband is an a$$, but if you're married, you still have to file a joint return."

Been yelled at, threatened, had papers tossed at me. Broke my hand once after a client hung up on me because I'd had it.

Oh the stories I could tell over stogies and a gin & tonic...:r

ahc4353 03-12-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinoishoosier (Post 284210)
oh my, where do I begin. Working in the tax business for 16 years, I have seen it all.

"No ma'am, we're not the IRS, we don;t set the rules."
"I'm sorry ma'am, your dog is not really a dependent."
"I'm sorry your husband is an a$$, but if you're married, you still have to file a joint return."

Been yelled at, threatened, had papers tossed at me. Broke my hand once after a client hung up on me because I'd had it.

Oh the stories I could tell over stogies and a gin & tonic...:r

Sapphire? :D