Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Married Golfers: Does your wife Golf too? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=28349)

kgoings 02-08-2010 02:15 PM

Married Golfers: Does your wife Golf too?

Married Golfers: Does your wife Golf too?

Just wondering, was thinking of trying golf again.

14holestogie 02-08-2010 02:18 PM

Re: Married Golfers: Does your wife Golf too?

Not nearly as much as I do, but, yes, the wife golfs too. We golf together in a couples league on Tuesdays. On our couples outings, the women usually go out in front of the guys.

longknocker 02-08-2010 02:22 PM

We Both Play Together In Couples Events And Sometimes During The Week. Of Course, It Helps If Your Wife Is Your Best Friend!:tu

yourchoice 02-08-2010 02:24 PM

No, but I think it would be cool if she would. Maybe after the kids get older I can convince her. :tu

coach 02-08-2010 02:24 PM

tried to teach but didnt like it. loves Putt-Putt.............

MarkinAZ 02-08-2010 02:25 PM

No...:D

jledou 02-08-2010 02:47 PM

My wife started to learn and enjoyed it before our first child five years ago now as she was talking about getting started again number 2 is due in May.

ade06 02-08-2010 03:06 PM

My wife currently doesn't have the patience to learn the game. When we were dating, she got bored after hitting half of a small bucket of balls at the range (I think that she got tired of missing the ball). She still wanted to hit the course (she thought it would be more fun then the range), so on our next golf adventure, we played a 9 hole executive course. We were passed by no less then 4 groups of beginners. We haven't "played" golf together since. She thinks that I'm a golf snob because I won't take her to play 18 with the guys on Saturday mornings (I don't think that I am, I just want her to be able to consistantly make contact with the ball). It would be fun if she did take some lessons and got into the game. Of course I would have to arrange and pay for all of her start-up costs.

shilala 02-08-2010 03:12 PM

I used to take the ex and we sponsored a tournament for Relay For Life every year for lots of years. We sucked, but we always had tons of fun. :)

E.J. 02-08-2010 03:27 PM

No.... I have ask if she would like to start and she declined....

tsolomon 02-08-2010 03:39 PM

Yes, we often go out as a twosome and she smokes cigars. :D

DBall 02-08-2010 04:38 PM

you forgot the poll option: hates golf but will grudgingly participate for events like your birthday or something if you bug her enough and will be unhappy about it the whole time. :r:r:r

ucla695 02-08-2010 04:50 PM

No and that's how I like it. :D

dannysguitar 02-08-2010 04:58 PM

No, and I've heard golfing with your lady is bad news...

Kreth 02-08-2010 05:05 PM

My wife will play the local par 3 with me, and she's gone out on my home course just to ride along and keep score. She was pregnant for quite a bit of last season and then we had the newborn, so we'll see what happens this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cigary 02-08-2010 05:12 PM

I golf and smoke my cigars and drink my beer and cuss and do all of the "manly" things that this sport allows us to do. The wife pretty much knows that there is too much testosterone flowing on the golf course to interject herself into. It would be like me going with her to shop for shoes and purses.

cort 02-08-2010 05:24 PM

Hell No!! Why would I wanted to ruin the sport for myself.:D

VTDragon 02-15-2010 08:31 PM

I bought her a set of clubs for her birthday about ten years ago and then turned her over to the club pro for a series of lessons. I figured that she would maybe play 3 -4 times a year with me and that would be 3 - 4 more times I got to play. She took to golf like a duck to water. She is a teacher with summers off and now plays about twice what I play. Now that my kids are grown we take golf vacations together, we play with each other a couple of times a week and she plays almost daily with her buddies. Maybe when I retire I can catch up with how many rounds she plays.

tobii3 02-15-2010 08:36 PM

what?? are you KIDDING??

As if my game wasn't bad enough, I should bring her ALONG???

:r:r:r

Parshooter 02-16-2010 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My wife plays on ocassion.