Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Mind over matter (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63718)

Blueface 10-17-2013 05:24 PM

Mind over matter

In July, I was told I could no longer put off imminent lower back disc surgery that was haunting me for over 20 years. This was in spite of losing nearly 25 lbs, that for my build, was a heck of a lot of weight to lose. I was given permanent handicap, to include handicap parking privileges, which in FL, that is everyone just about. I was given an MRI script, a surgeon referral, and heavy Meds of which I already have tons.

I went home and instead of following up on the surgery prep, I made a commitment to myself that I would beat this. I picked up Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs, started walking eventually leading to a jog, and downloaded Six Pack app on Apple. I have been doing about an hour to an hour and a half of cardio six days a week. That, along with a healthy diet that I never knew could exist, and my world has changed for the better.

Now a few months later, I am well onto my new goal of a six pack by 55 in April.
I no longer ache as I use too.
I no longer need surgery at this time.
From a nearly 36 in November of last year, down to a 31 waist. I haven't seen that since college.

Point is, sometimes it truly is mind over matter.
Not bragging, just trying to light a fire if you need one.

pnoon 10-17-2013 05:36 PM

Re: Mind over matter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueface (Post 1891368)
In July, I was told I could no longer put off imminent lower back disc surgery that was haunting me for over 20 years. This was in spite of losing nearly 25 lbs, that for my build, was a heck of a lot of weight to lose. I was given permanent handicap, to include handicap parking privileges, which in FL, that is everyone just about. I was given an MRI script, a surgeon referral, and heavy Meds of which I already have tons.

I went home and instead of following up on the surgery prep, I made a commitment to myself that I would beat this. I picked up Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs, started walking eventually leading to a jog, and downloaded Six Pack app on Apple. I have been doing about an hour to an hour and a half of cardio six days a week. That, along with a healthy diet that I never knew could exist, and my world has changed for the better.

Now a few months later, I am well onto my new goal of a six pack by 55 in April.
I no longer ache as I use too.
I no longer need surgery at this time.
From a nearly 36 in November of last year, down to a 31 waist. I haven't seen that since college.

Point is, sometimes it truly is mind over matter.
Not bragging, just trying to light a fire if you need one.

Boy, do I ever.

Congrats, Brother.

longknocker 10-17-2013 05:47 PM

Congrats, Carlos! I'm Proud Of You, Brother!:D:banger:tu

Coach Deg 10-17-2013 06:13 PM

That's awesome!!!

TJarv 10-17-2013 06:25 PM

That's a hell of an accomplishment, congrats

Zane 10-17-2013 06:35 PM

Congrats!

EricF 10-17-2013 07:05 PM

Awesome news Carlos!!!

When are we gonna herf again???

yourchoice 10-17-2013 08:22 PM

That's fantastic, Carlos! Thanks for sharing your accomplishment.

CigarNut 10-17-2013 08:38 PM

Very cool Carlos! Congratulations!

jonumberone 10-18-2013 04:55 AM

Congrats, Carlos! :tu

kelmac07 10-18-2013 05:34 AM

Congrats Carlos!!

Chainsaw13 10-18-2013 06:14 AM

Very inspirational Carlos. Keep up the good work.

jledou 10-18-2013 06:31 AM

Congratulations Carlos!

maninblack 10-18-2013 06:45 AM

Great job Carlos!

smokin5 10-18-2013 01:05 PM

Great news and inspiration for the rest of us.
Go get'm, tigre!!

replicant_argent 10-18-2013 02:05 PM

That is great to hear, my friend.

MajorCaptSilly 10-18-2013 06:10 PM

That's a great story. Glad to hear the pain is gone. I didn't have any pain. I also didn't know I was fat. I looked in the mirror and thought I was just "big". I took a good look at some pictures I was in and asked my wife when I became such a larda$$. I started eating better and exercising. I dropped 30lbs real quick. The next 10 were a little tougher. About 20 more to go. I think I'll have to ramp up the exercise to get there. I'm delighted at how much more energy and stamina I have. The downside is having to buy a new wardrobe. I bought some new stuff when I was down 30lbs and now it's kinda big on me. It was fun taking 2 garbage bags of my now useless stuff to Goodwill. You're never too old to get healthy. Oh, I haven't eaten beef for 6 months now.

MCS

replicant_argent 10-18-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly (Post 1891617)
I haven't eaten beef for 6 months now.

MCS

<shudders>

Remo 10-18-2013 09:50 PM

Great job Carlos!! You will need to be healthy to fight the zombie hoard!