Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63655)

icehog3 01-20-2018 12:04 AM

Re: Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda and Icehog3 II

Love those arm supersets, Huy! :tu

Chainsaw13 01-20-2018 12:41 PM

Chest and bi's today. Might have to change things up from the barbell press, as it has aggravated my pinched nerve in my neck the last two workouts.

Barbell press
Incline press
Seated flys
Cable crossovers
Rope bi curl
Preacher ez bar curl
3.1 mile run on treadmill

icehog3 01-20-2018 04:05 PM

Hope the neck gets better soon, Bob...good work!

Back and Bis

Back - 12 working sets

Barbell rows x 5 sets
Wide pulldowns x 2 sets
Neutral grip pulldowns x 2 sets
Cable rows x 3 sets

Biceps - 9 working sets

Olympic bar curls x 4 sets
Cambered bar curls x 3 sets
Preacher curls x 2 sets

Leg day tomorrow

Adriftpanda 01-22-2018 03:54 PM

Had one too many of everything this weekend... back to the grind

Squats 4x4 @305 (felt so heavy)
BB reverse single leg lunges 4x8
Single leg press 4x10
Seated extensions 4x12

Had time so did abs

icehog3 01-22-2018 04:36 PM

Did a heavy chest/shoulder/tri workout. Only a couple days rest on chest and tris, so kept it short.

Bench press x 6 sets
Seated military press x 5 sets
Decline Hammer Strength x 4 sets
Rear delt flyes x 2 sets
Skullcrushers x 3 sets
Pushdowns x 2 sets

bonjing 01-22-2018 10:11 PM

Nothing today just hit the lake ajogged 4.5mi. Felt pretty good would like to see my times during the day.

GreekGodX 01-23-2018 07:14 AM

Lots of walking yesterday around Manhattan. Too much cardio for my liking. Did some backsquats, snatching, cleans, and some accessory lifts at the gym laters. Hip is really bothering me on my backsquat. I have a couple upcoming appointments for some soft tissue work to clean it up. Considering Accupuncture but hate the feeling of it.

icehog3 01-23-2018 09:07 AM

I've considered acupuncture for my shoulder and neck, you have to let me know if you do it and if it's effective, Son.

icehog3 01-23-2018 09:08 AM

Greg, I'd like to see your times during the day too. :)

bonjing 01-23-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreekGodX (Post 2142752)
I have a couple upcoming appointments for some soft tissue work to clean it up. Considering Accupuncture but hate the feeling of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2142768)
I've considered acupuncture for my shoulder and neck, you have to let me know if you do it and if it's effective, Son.

I'm also interested in your feed back about acupuncture. I'm scared of needles!

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2142769)
Greg, I'd like to see your times during the day too. :)

This was my reward for over indulgence in LA :r

1hr10min on a 4.5 mile course incline and decline grade but nothing extreme. I use to do that when I was 300lbs. I think it's a good start considering I haven't really hit the pavement in almost 4+ years.

The course is basically moon light with the occasional car passing by. The few times there were street lights it was nice to up the pace a bit and not feel too winded.

Everything felt good till after the shower and some stretching, legs are a bit wobbly :r

icehog3 01-23-2018 09:23 AM

Good deal, Greg, and it will only get better (hopefully!). :D

GreekGodX 01-23-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2142768)

It depends. I’ve gotten it done a few times. First time, I was competing and hurt my wrist and forearm. Went to the Dr. and he told me not to do Accupuncture because the injury most likely took place due to high stress environment rather than dysfunction. He was probably right. I was drinking lots of caffeine and I was stressed out. Didn’t take his advice, did the Accupuncture, and it actually made my arm worse. I almost puked during the treatment, had the guy stop in the middle and swore it off.

Next couple times I did it was for my lower back and legs. Only tried it again because my friend had some good results. I was much more relaxed going in and felt really good after with better range of motion.

Why were my experiences different? The way it was explained to me is that since Accupuncture is actual trauma to your body (needle piercing your skin and foreign object to your body) that could affect your response. I do think it is effective but you need to almost prepare for the treatment. Also i think it depends on who is doing it.

Pops I would see if some ART or soft tissue work will help first. Then look to add in Accupuncture.

Adriftpanda 01-23-2018 04:00 PM

Greg, you look great man. Keep it up.

Deadies 5x3 (worked on hook grip @315) fvck I thought my thumb was going to explode
Db rows 4x8-10
Seated reverse grip row 3x12
Plate loaded pull downs 5x10

icehog3 01-23-2018 04:51 PM

Son, thank you for the insight. I'll look into the other options first.

Not a lot of gas at the gym today after a hockey game with 9 guys vs 14 last night. Trained relatively light for high reps on most sets, could tell the strength would be low right from the get-go. Still trying to make sure my lower back is still progressing...no tweaks today, that's a plus.

T-bar rows x 4 sets
Barbell rows x 3 sets
Cable rows x 3 sets
Stiff-legged deadlifts x 3 sets
Pullups x 2 sets

Chainsaw13 01-23-2018 07:09 PM

Tried a sample pre workout drink from my trainer, 1stPhorm. It's their caffeinated version. Wow! Not the best taste and made me feel weird for a bit, but busted out my best leg workout yet.

Leg press, 4x7-10 (set a new best with two sets @440lbs. Not bad for two months working out)
Dumbbell lunges, 3x10
Hamstring curls, 4x10-12
Calf raises, 4x12
Hip abductors, 4x10-12
Leg raises, 3x10-15
30 mins on treadmill, both run/walk

bonjing 01-23-2018 08:45 PM

Nothing major today just my basics.

30 min on the elliptical low resistance just to get some blood flowing.

Wide grip pull downs
Reverse grip pull downs
Seated rows
Standing t bar
Flat bench rows

Push downs
Rev, neut, palm down cable tri extensions
Rope pull downs

Some shoulder rotational work.

Da Klugs 01-23-2018 09:24 PM

45 Minutes on the Airdyne in the AM. (550 calories)
50- 24 pound curls (hand weights)
50- 24 pound overheads (had weights)
50 push-ups

45 Minutes on the Airdyne in the PM. (545 calories)
50- 24 pound curls
50- 24 pound overheads
50 push-ups

Been doing this every day past 6 weeks except sundays only do it once.

Ate 1300 calories today but average around 1800-2000

icehog3 01-23-2018 11:59 PM

Good work, Bob, Greg and Dave.

1300 calories a day? I do that too. Several times a day. :D

bonjing 01-24-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriftpanda (Post 2142795)
Greg, you look great man. Keep it up.

Deadies 5x3 (worked on hook grip @315) fvck I thought my thumb was going to explode
Db rows 4x8-10
Seated reverse grip row 3x12
Plate loaded pull downs 5x10

See you don't have to be di*k all the time :D

bonjing 01-24-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreekGodX (Post 2142777)
It depends. I’ve gotten it done a few times. First time, I was competing and hurt my wrist and forearm. Went to the Dr. and he told me not to do Accupuncture because the injury most likely took place due to high stress environment rather than dysfunction. He was probably right. I was drinking lots of caffeine and I was stressed out. Didn’t take his advice, did the Accupuncture, and it actually made my arm worse. I almost puked during the treatment, had the guy stop in the middle and swore it off.

Next couple times I did it was for my lower back and legs. Only tried it again because my friend had some good results. I was much more relaxed going in and felt really good after with better range of motion.

Why were my experiences different? The way it was explained to me is that since Accupuncture is actual trauma to your body (needle piercing your skin and foreign object to your body) that could affect your response. I do think it is effective but you need to almost prepare for the treatment. Also i think it depends on who is doing it.

Pops I would see if some ART or soft tissue work will help first. Then look to add in Accupuncture.

Did you have ask you to do a lot of stuff before you went in for the acupuncture treatment? I just booked for Sunday and I need to collect my morning urine for some reason :confused:, no coffee (f-that) and vitamins the day of and before, no hot shower the morning of and don't brush my teeth (f-that too), among other things.

Do you think all that is hokey or will it actually better the treatment if followed?

I need to work Sunday morning so if I don't have my coffee and brush my teeth I'm going to be pretty grumpy. And big grumpy Greg at the shooting range is not a good thing :r