Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Fantasy Football for stakes and the Troops (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35689)

shilala 08-27-2010 11:27 AM

Fantasy Football for stakes and the Troops

I created a Yahoo League, it's mostly default, but I adjusted the scoring for high points and maximum fun.
Only ten players.
Buy in will be five premiums ($40.00 value, NC and/or CC) and a fiver for the troops.
Payout will be 30 smokes to first place, 20 for second place, and 50 smokes to the troops.
I can take care of receiving/sending smokes, I've done it a couple times before.
I will personally put together a fiver for the winner of the playoff loser's bracket as an incentive to keep everyone involved. If anyone wants to offer any other bonus prizes, that would kick ass. Maybe something such as "fiver for highest score for week six" or something like that.
Or "beat me this week, and I'll send a fiver to the troops".
The key is generosity, banter, and fun. The more prizes, the more fun it'll be. The more smokes we can gather for the troops, the more fun it will be.

Live Draft will be Saturday September 4th at 8:00pm. If you can't attend, your players will be picked for you by yahoo in the order of player ranking.

Only ten guys will be playing, I'll send invites to those who sign up.
1. shilala
2. Sofaman

Please give a lot of thought to the "extra" prizes. Not to belabor the point, but this league is gonna cost you some smokes if it's going to be successful, especially for the troops. So take that into consideration very seriously.
If you're a gamer, you could end up buying a number of bundles for the troops if you lose weekly bets. Or you could end up making us other knuckleheads buy lots of smokes for the troops.
It's gonna take up some of your time, and a good amount of smack talking.
I'll create a banter thread once we get all signed up and get the league going.
I honestly think this will be the funnest league EVER!!!

sofaman 08-27-2010 04:32 PM

Re: Fantasy Football for stakes and the Troops

Cant wait for the season to start :D:D:D

sofaman 08-28-2010 05:46 AM

Anyone ???

GreekGodX 08-28-2010 07:51 AM

I'm in. Love FFL :)

1. shilala
2. Sofaman
3. GreekGodX

jkim05 08-28-2010 01:04 PM

I'm down for some more fantasy football.

shilala 08-28-2010 06:54 PM

1. shilala
2. Sofaman
3. GreekGodX
4. Jkim05

Coach Deg 08-28-2010 07:49 PM

I'd like in. Probably can't do live draft but will gladly go in and rank players ahead of time.

massphatness 08-28-2010 08:46 PM

Im in Scottie!

sofaman 08-29-2010 08:34 AM

Just 4 spots left

shilala 08-29-2010 10:30 AM

1. shilala
2. Sofaman
3. GreekGodX
4. jkim05
5. RPmark
6. Massphatness

Just an update bump.

massphatness 08-29-2010 10:34 AM

I shoulda' waited to jump in, Scott. Now everyone's a-skeerd.

Sorry for f#kking up the sign-ups. :(

shilala 08-29-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 970025)

Down sweat it, brother. We don't want no ladies. :D

massphatness 08-29-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 968300)
If anyone wants to offer any other bonus prizes, that would kick ass. Maybe something such as "fiver for highest score for week six" or something like that.
Or "beat me this week, and I'll send a fiver to the troops".
The key is generosity, banter, and fun. The more prizes, the more fun it'll be. The more smokes we can gather for the troops, the more fun it will be.

I'll kick this off with the following bonus prize challenge:

All league members who participate LIVE in the draft next Saturday, not auto-picking, will receive one ticket from me for the Aristocrat Raffle currently being run by BazookaJoe & PapaJohn. That's right, all you have to do is show up live so I can talk smack to you online next Saturday, and I'll buy you an entry into the raffle.

gnukfu 08-30-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 970025)

I'm in - I just finished smoking the cigars I received from Vin for crushing him and winning last year's league.

shilala 08-30-2010 07:27 AM

1. shilala
2. Sofaman
3. GreekGodX
4. jkim05
5. RPmark
6. massphatness
7. gnukfu

Just an update bump.

shilala 08-30-2010 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 970564)
I'll kick this off with the following bonus prize challenge:

All league members who participate LIVE in the draft next Saturday, not auto-picking, will receive one ticket from me for the Aristocrat Raffle currently being run by BazookaJoe & PapaJohn. That's right, all you have to do is show up live so I can talk smack to you online next Saturday, and I'll buy you an entry into the raffle.

I even put it on my calendar so I don't forget.
Be warned, the draft module is flash, so we can't draft via iphone or iPad, Vin. I just realized that yesterday cause we tried to do a football draft on my iPad.
Well done, Vin. :tu

jkim05 08-30-2010 11:08 AM

What do the rosters look like right now? Since there's only 10 teams, any thoughts to making this a deeper league so we have to take some gambles on longer shots? Is this gonna be ppr?

shilala 08-30-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkim05 (Post 971329)
What do the rosters look like right now? Since there's only 10 teams, any thoughts to making this a deeper league so we have to take some gambles on longer shots? Is this gonna be ppr?

Jeremy, I'll send out invites to the guys who have already signed up as soon as I get a chance. That way you all can preview league rules before the draft. We gotta hustle and get three more guys.
My thinking was 10 guys, wide open scoring, and plenty of Free Agents to fill a decimated roster. That way it'll force guys to stay on top of their teams to be competitive.
It'll also allow guys to look at their head to head weeks and get pretty cocky. That'll generate even more side bets, and/or opportunity to lure guys into stuff like "beat me this week, I buy the troops a bundle, lose, you buy it."
If the league gets deeper, it makes it hard for teams to score big points. In twelve man leagues, if one team keeps four studs healthy all year, they win, and there's no possible way for a guy with an injured marquee RB and QB to compete.
This way, everyone who watches their weekly matchup can tweak their team and pick up what they think they need to kick ass.
That make sense from that angle?
I know it's a lot different than twelve team leagues.

shilala 08-30-2010 12:36 PM

Here's a couple more incentives...
Number eight spot is up. I'll donate a fiver of Calle Ocho's to the high point winner of week eight when we get our eighth guy, and a fiver of Anejo 46's for the high scorer of week ten (cause 4 and six equals ten) when we get our tenth guy. :tu

jkim05 08-30-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 971412)
Jeremy, I'll send out invites to the guys who have already signed up as soon as I get a chance. That way you all can preview league rules before the draft. We gotta hustle and get three more guys.
My thinking was 10 guys, wide open scoring, and plenty of Free Agents to fill a decimated roster. That way it'll force guys to stay on top of their teams to be competitive.
It'll also allow guys to look at their head to head weeks and get pretty cocky. That'll generate even more side bets, and/or opportunity to lure guys into stuff like "beat me this week, I buy the troops a bundle, lose, you buy it."
If the league gets deeper, it makes it hard for teams to score big points. In twelve man leagues, if one team keeps four studs healthy all year, they win, and there's no possible way for a guy with an injured marquee RB and QB to compete.
This way, everyone who watches their weekly matchup can tweak their team and pick up what they think they need to kick ass.
That make sense from that angle?
I know it's a lot different than twelve team leagues.

Sounds good, but what do you mean by wide open scoring? Also, by deeper I was thinking more roster spots, not more people playing, but I'm down with whatever. I thought it might be fun to play with starters than usual. Either way, we need a couple more, hurry up and get in here.