Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Credit Card Fraud Alert (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54149)

massphatness 03-08-2012 06:01 PM

Credit Card Fraud Alert

Over the last couple days a bunch of iTunes charges popped up on one of my Visa cards. I definitely didn't make the purchases, and even if I had, the charges would have gone on the Discover Card I have linked to my iTunes account. Checked iTunes and -- as I suspected -- there was no activity on the account. The Visa fraud department was concerned because my address verified when the charges were made.

I use this card almost exclusively for online purchases including the vast majority of my online cigar buys.

Just a heads up to check your accounts in case a vendor has had their data compromised.

cjhalbrooks 03-08-2012 06:03 PM

Re: Credit Card Fraud Alert

thanks man

BC-Axeman 03-08-2012 06:06 PM

Checking now...

Remo 03-08-2012 06:12 PM

:td Thanks Vin

tengel78 03-08-2012 06:24 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

Ogre 03-08-2012 06:32 PM

That sucks, hope you get it all figured out.

MajorCaptSilly 03-08-2012 06:39 PM

Same thing happened to me. 3 charges for $47.07 from iTunes. How does that happen?

MCS

massphatness 03-08-2012 06:48 PM

No idea, Scott - but I'm having the card issuer send new plastic

CigarSquid 03-08-2012 07:13 PM

Hope it goes smooth for ya.

Thanks for the heads up.

maninblack 03-08-2012 08:29 PM

Thanks for the heads up Vin.

jluck 03-08-2012 08:30 PM

I don't do credit cards. Hopefully my debit card is safe.:)

LigaPrivadaT84 03-08-2012 08:44 PM

:td

Mugen910 03-08-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jluck (Post 1585983)
I don't do credit cards. Hopefully my debit card is safe.:)

most companies won't give the same amount of credit protection for debit cards. Had a friend who found out she was charged a bunch of extra stuff on her debit and had trouble getting the $ back.

Neuromancer 03-08-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 1585839)
Over the last couple days a bunch of iTunes charges popped up on one of my Visa cards. I definitely didn't make the purchases, and even if I had, the charges would have gone on the Discover Card I have linked to my iTunes account. Checked iTunes and -- as I suspected -- there was no activity on the account. The Visa fraud department was concerned because my address verified when the charges were made.

I use this card almost exclusively for online purchases including the vast majority of my online cigar buys.

Just a heads up to check your accounts in case a vendor has had their data compromised.

I had the same thing happen. It was a charge from Apple Itunes, something that I don't even use. The charge came from Luxemborg. Was yours out of the country also?

AlohaStyle 03-09-2012 12:53 AM

Sorry to hear that, such a hassle! Did any of you buy the ST Dupont lighters on any of the daily deal websites lately?

irratebass 03-09-2012 03:47 AM

This happened to me too Vin a few weeks ago, but from PAYPA!L, so be very careful, I contacted pp and got it resolved and my $ back, took about a week though :td mine was $100 five charges of $20 a piece.

I asked the wife (since she is the only one who uses itunes) if she made these purchases, because one I didn't think she had, she only purchases $1.99 songs here and there, never movies or anything and if she purchases more than one thing she gets an itunes card.....so i knew it wasn't here or certainly me.

pp took care of the problem and were very courteous about it.

longknocker 03-09-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irratebass (Post 1586152)
This happened to me too Vin a few weeks ago, but from PAYPA!L, so be very careful, I contacted pp and got it resolved and my $ back, took about a week though :td mine was $100 five charges of $20 a piece.

I asked the wife (since she is the only one who uses itunes) if she made these purchases, because one I didn't think she had, she only purchases $1.99 songs here and there, never movies or anything and if she purchases more than one thing she gets an itunes card.....so i knew it wasn't here or certainly me.

pp took care of the problem and were very courteous about it.

Get The PP "Key" For Free, Mickey. I've Had No Further Problems Since I've Been Using It The Last 3 Years. Thanks For The Tip, Vin & GL Resolving The Issue, Brother!:tu

emopunker2004 03-09-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen910 (Post 1586066)
most companies won't give the same amount of credit protection for debit cards. Had a friend who found out she was charged a bunch of extra stuff on her debit and had trouble getting the $ back.

They will if it has a Visa Logo on the debit card.

Tio Gato 03-09-2012 08:35 AM

That stinks. Just a couple of days ago someone used my card to purchase something at Macy's in Colorado. Not me for sure. It was the card I've used to buy lots and lots of cigars with. New cards are on the way. I hope they catch those dopes.:sl

irratebass 03-09-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longknocker (Post 1586169)
Get The PP "Key" For Free, Mickey. I've Had No Further Problems Since I've Been Using It The Last 3 Years. Thanks For The Tip, Vin & GL Resolving The Issue, Brother!:tu

Pm sent