Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   My wife is being mean.... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52649)

schollianmj 01-15-2012 04:37 PM

My wife is being mean....

So I finished setting up the new entertainment center and moving the tv, xbox, cable box, wii, surround sound and went out to have a celebratory smoke for NOT sending a screwdriver or my dog through the wall... the wife came out looked at me with my new to me Dan Wade pipe and started laughing! She said I look OLD!! Im not old, Im 36 years young!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a21...-10-09_794.jpg

Taki 01-15-2012 04:47 PM

Re: My wife is being mean....

Love the pipe brother....congrats on the new entertainment center :tu

ApexAZ 01-15-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schollianmj (Post 1531566)
So I finished setting up the new entertainment center and moving the tv, xbox, cable box, wii, surround sound and went out to have a celebratory smoke for NOT sending a screwdriver or my dog through the wall... the wife came out looked at me with my new to me Dan Wade pipe and started laughing! She said I look OLD!! Im not old, Im 36 years young!

I get this all the time. It seems you can't smoke a pipe without people thinking you're 80.

Mattso3000 01-15-2012 04:50 PM

Yup, the pipe makes you look 80 at least. :lr That pipe is pretty sweet.

goomer 01-15-2012 04:51 PM

I hate to break it to you brother but I'm about the same age and, we're old. If you don't believe it try playing in a football league with a bunch of 20 somethings like I did last fall. I like the pipe.

icehog3 01-15-2012 04:51 PM

Your wife is just pimping you, you don't look a day over 45. :)

Mattso3000 01-15-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goomer (Post 1531586)
I hate to break it to you brother but I'm about the same age and, we're old. If you don't believe it try playing in a football league with a bunch of 20 somethings like I did last fall. I like the pipe.

The playing I'm fine with, it's just the getting out of bed and walking the next day that's trouble.

Savor the Stick 01-15-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattso3000 (Post 1531590)
The playing I'm fine with, it's just the getting out of bed and walking the next day that's trouble.

Or not being able to get out of bed!:r:r:r

Hem 01-15-2012 06:07 PM

All you old men on here! Age is how you act! :)

schollianmj 01-15-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hem (Post 1531629)
All you old men on here! Age is how you act! :)

yep, and half the time she thinks my 9 year old acts more mature than me!! Glad you all like the pipe, it was an Ebay find. 30 bucks, stamped Ben Wade, Golden Walnut, hand made in denmark. I like it, but I gotta figure out how to clean up the stem. its a bit old and has turned brown. I think tomorrow I am going to try a dremel with a soft buffing wheel unless anyone has better ideas...

Steve 01-15-2012 06:53 PM

For years my wife kept saying she was too young to be married to a man that smoked a pipe. Then after her surgery a couple of years ago she was hobbling around stooped over with a cane. I thought about mentioning this to her, but common sense stepped in (hence I did not wear the cane somewhere unplesant :) ).

For my last birthday, she gave me a pipe :banger

MarkinAZ 01-15-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schollianmj (Post 1531566)
... the wife came out looked at me with my new to me Dan Wade pipe and started laughing! She said I look OLD!! Im not old, Im 36 years young!

Thats a fine looking pipe you have there DC:tu What are you smoking in it?

crazyirishman 01-15-2012 07:33 PM

Tell her that "old" and "classy" have a very subtle but distinct difference.

Or tell her you were practicing your Gimli impression.

schollianmj 01-15-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkinCA (Post 1531713)
Thats a fine looking pipe you have there DC:tu What are you smoking in it?

my favorite house blend from my B&M. not sure what all is blended in it, but the pouch smells like a camp fire and it smokes with a slightly sweet yet campfire'esq flavor. reminds me of being a kid and sitting at the campfire with my parents after dark drinking hot coco or hot vanilla.

As to my issue with the stem coloration just spent 30 mins with some wet 1500g paper and its all nice and black again. I will try to polish it tomorrow with some steel wool, then hit it with some wax.

Nick 01-17-2012 11:44 PM

I was 18 when I started 25 now. Dont trip brother

chaase321 01-18-2012 08:48 AM

Don't look a day over 30 brother! You should tell her the same thing and see the reaction :r:r

schollianmj 01-18-2012 11:23 AM

not a good idea Chaase... I like to sit on the couch to watch TV,, not slept on it at night!

blendtobac 01-19-2012 08:08 AM

Dremels are problematic for polishing stems. If you keep the rpms slow enough not to burn the vulcanite (under 2000), the tool doesn't have the torque to do the job easily. A stitched wheel on a grinder set for, say, 1750 rpm, dressed with red compound or jeweler's rouge will remove the oxidation and an unstitched wheel dressed with Carnauba wax will shine the stem and reduce further oxidation. I also soak the stem in a 50/50 mix of bleach and water for an hour before buffing.

Russ