Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Covid Sucks (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=76879)

Da Klugs 01-09-2022 10:53 AM

Covid Sucks

My experience this past week.

Spent the past 5 days laying in bed, in and out of it after a family vacation. Started feeling crappy Sunday. Quick test Monday negative. PCR test Tuesday results came Friday - positive.

Was actually relieved it was Covid as if not there was something really wrong with me.

Today is the first day I actually feel almost normal again so about a week start to finish - must be omicron.

Three Pfizer jabs for this smoker. I assume it helped forestall worse symptoms but who knows. There were a couple nights where the congestion led to concerns about breathing but it was nasal/head vs lung issues and decongestants/sprays and lots of tissue did the trick.

We live in strange times where after a couple years of disruption and "flattening the curve" activities a serious spike in infections of a mutated, vaccine resistant, more contagious but tamer (head cold vs lung infection) version of the virus may finally be the ticket to get us out of all this.

Just didn't feel like it at the time.

The Poet 01-09-2022 10:56 AM

Re: Covid Sucks

Sorry to hear of your illness, but glad it was not worse and that you are feeling better.

And yeah, this virus sucks, big time.

bruceolee 01-09-2022 11:01 AM

Dave i'm glad you're okay! It's been a minute since we've talked as well. I got covid back in 20' with the wild variant and that sucker hurt. we lived but it took us down hard. even after getting covid i still got the vaccines and a booster just to be safe because this virus sucks! So, far so good for us though and after living in south Fl i'm done with masks and everything unless i HAVE to. I'm just grateful to be alive today after all i've been though. How's your family now? did you lose your sense of taste and smell? thankfully that part didn't effect me. Missed ya brother! God bless you!

markem 01-09-2022 11:08 AM

Glad you are on the mend, Dave.

RevSmoke 01-09-2022 11:52 AM

My wife and I had it back in August of 2020. We both got the vaccine, but not the booster. And now, we both have it again. It is not bad, but it is a pain in the neck.

Praying for you for speedy healing and recovery.

Havanaaddict 01-09-2022 11:52 AM

Glad you back to the land of the living:noon
Time for a Really nice cigar if you can find one :r

Weelok 01-09-2022 12:26 PM

Glad to hear things are good. You lose your sense of taste at all?

Count down to your recovery cigar.

Black Coral 01-09-2022 12:35 PM

Dave that sucks but glad your getting better

Get on the mend

longknocker 01-09-2022 01:03 PM

Glad You're Better, Dave!:tu. From What I Understand The Symptoms Aren't As Bad If You've Had The Vaccines/ Booster, But You Can Still Get This BadBoy COVID.

CigarNut 01-09-2022 03:02 PM

Good to hear that you are feeling better, Dave!

Da Klugs 01-09-2022 04:27 PM

Thanks for the well wishes.

Up and about today. Drove to the shack with Jane and Daisy. Didn't lose my sense of taste. Apparently my sense of smell did suffer. After not showering for a few days Jane started to comment about my bouquet.

icehog3 01-09-2022 04:41 PM

Oh, that "bouquet". :D

I'm hoping that between vaccines and boosters, and mutations which may be more contagious but have less serious effects, that Covid may become just like the flu. Different strains of varying intensities, but only very dangerous for those with other maladies or compromised immune systems. You know, those who can die from the flu. That's my hope, because the masks and all the restrictions are getting really, really old.

I hope none of this offends any Inmate, as I truly wish the best health possible for every one of you.

G G 01-09-2022 04:52 PM

Long as I have my hog Wormer I am good. Been taking it for about 8 months and I am out and about regularly and haven't caught it yet, thank the Lord.

icehog3 01-09-2022 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G G (Post 2228037)
Long as I have my hog Wormer I am good. Been taking it for about 8 months and I am out and about regularly and haven't caught it yet, thank the Lord.

Hmmm, I wonder if I have this naturally.... -(P

gravel 01-09-2022 05:17 PM

Glad you are on the mend! My wife who has worked on the Covid floor of our hospital shares the same hope of the decreasing danger of Covid. This “head cold” variant (omnicron) is preferable to delta.

Again, glad you are feeling better.

cmitch 01-09-2022 05:27 PM

Omicron, while milder, is making it’s run around here. Something mysterious is going on with it too. According to our local hospital, it seems to be binding with the flu virus and then infecting people simultaneously with the flu. This odd combination, flurona, got my coworkers wife. And some weird symptoms to go with it. She awoke Friday looking pale, almost gray. He took her temperature and it was 93°. He took her to er and told them her temp was 93°. Nurse said that if that was the case, she’d be in a coma. They took her temp and he heard the nurse yell OMG! And they wheeled her in. It seems these viruses triggered the body into thinking she was going into hypothermia so the blood vessels to her extremeties were constricted causing blood flow to only go to torso area. They gave her an iv with valium and within minutes, she was back to normal. No matter what is said about this covid ****, it isn’t natural for a virus to behave this way. Just a theory for now but those xtra protein spikes omicron has? It helps it to bind with other viruses. Some scary stuff we’re dealing with here.

4WheelVFR 01-09-2022 05:44 PM

Glad you're feeling better Dave. I just got through my second case of 'rona a week ago and man was it awful. When I had it last year, it was nothing...just some aches and fatigue. This time around it hit me like a truck. Besides the time I almost died from West Nile, this was the sickest I've ever been. Nasty stuff.

Weelok 01-09-2022 06:01 PM

Interesting. Not sure if it’s similar but my reaction to the mRNA booster gave me the chills for two days. I swear it effected my circulatory system in some weird way. My temperature was normal, did the iWatch ECG and normal, but shakes and chills galore.

Not pleasant at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmitch (Post 2228044)
Omicron, while milder, is making it’s run around here. Something mysterious is going on with it too. According to our local hospital, it seems to be binding with the flu virus and then infecting people simultaneously with the flu. This odd combination, flurona, got my coworkers wife. And some weird symptoms to go with it. She awoke Friday looking pale, almost gray. He took her temperature and it was 93°. He took her to er and told them her temp was 93°. Nurse said that if that was the case, she’d be in a coma. They took her temp and he heard the nurse yell OMG! And they wheeled her in. It seems these viruses triggered the body into thinking she was going into hypothermia so the blood vessels to her extremeties were constricted causing blood flow to only go to torso area. They gave her an iv with valium and within minutes, she was back to normal. No matter what is said about this covid ****, it isn’t natural for a virus to behave this way. Just a theory for now but those xtra protein spikes omicron has? It helps it to bind with other viruses. Some scary stuff we’re dealing with here.

Gabe215 01-09-2022 08:11 PM

Glad you’re feeling better, my wife, our 3 small children and I all got it in March last year, my wife had a headache for a day the rest of us were asymptomatic. The wife and I refuse the jab, luckily as does 90%+ of my company so our boss will be forced to test us weekly come February (industrial electrical contractors and we have to obey new OSHA cr*p). Probably got it again Christmas as both my parents and brother all tested positive and I refuse to wear a mask, but I wasn’t about to wait in line for up to 3 hours over the holiday and pay money to get a nose swab to tell me if I’m sick when I feel fine. Take it or leave it thats my sentiment to this cr*p, I feel like this whole mess has become too politi… I’m gonna stop there. Everyone take you’re vitamins, hit the gym, follow a healthy diet and say your prayers.

borndead1 01-09-2022 08:14 PM

Hope you fully recover. Smoking a 2008 Cohiba Siglo III in your honor.