Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   acu-rite hygrometer at wallyworld (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7290)

14holestogie 01-02-2009 02:33 AM

acu-rite hygrometer at wallyworld

I picked one of these up at Walmart a few weeks ago. I like the fact the humidity reading is at the top. It also has the min and max readings. Nice shape, size and actually very nice looking, all for under $8. The one I got also seems to be very accurate compared to all my other hygrometers.
Here's a link, but cheaper at Walmart:

www.partshelf.com/acu-rite-00613.html

Check it out.

WyGuy 01-02-2009 10:56 AM

Re: acu-rite hygrometer at wallyworld

What section of the store did you pick it up at? I was there the other day and was looking all over the place and still had no luck in finding them.

14holestogie 01-02-2009 11:14 AM

Check by the thermometers or weather station sections. It's difficult to locate at some stores.

Agent11br 01-02-2009 11:43 AM

Where would the thermometers be though? Electronics, hardware, ...? No one there is ever around to answer a simple question so any more detailed info would be awesome. Great find by the way!

BigAl_SC 01-02-2009 12:53 PM

picked one up at wallyworld the other day. $8.98. Salt testing right now. let you know how comes out.

ahc4353 01-02-2009 12:56 PM

I gotta get me one of those! :)

Thanks for th info.

14holestogie 01-02-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent11br (Post 146142)
Where would the thermometers be though? Electronics, hardware, ...? No one there is ever around to answer a simple question so any more detailed info would be awesome. Great find by the way!

Yeah, I know most stores I've been in they seem to be wherever they can find a spot (a tiny spot at that). I finally ended up asking a guy in the sports section to guide me to them. Help is difficult to find, but that may be the only way to locate these. Most are only too happy to help, once you can find someone. Happy hunting.

taltos 01-02-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent11br (Post 146142)

I saw them in the hardware section near light bulbs last weekend.

karmaz00 01-02-2009 03:02 PM

nice thanks for the post

Agent11br 01-02-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taltos (Post 146459)
I saw them in the hardware section near light bulbs last weekend.

Thanks for the info!

Cigary 01-02-2009 03:50 PM

I keep one of these in each of my humidors (4) and they are right on the mark. I found them either in the paint section on the end of the aisle or in electronics. Either way, ask the WallyMart tech (lol) where the Accurite temp and humidity guages are. They sell them here for about $6.74,,,where can you beat a deal like that?

WyGuy 01-02-2009 05:13 PM

I just picked mine up, for me it was over by the paint section.

WyGuy 01-03-2009 12:33 PM

After the salt test mine seems to be off by 6%, anyone else getting similar results?

Agent11br 01-03-2009 06:00 PM

I went tonight and of course they are out of stock :fl but when I do get one I'll run the test as well.

Arrow111 01-03-2009 06:48 PM

ive got 3. they all off by 3-7%rh on salt test, then on actual use their readings all vary once again again. it is impossible to get an accurate read and would not recommend these.

TRicker 01-04-2009 07:52 AM

mine was 12% low. Just a word to the wise. My new Oregon Scientific weather station is perfect!!

BigAl_SC 01-04-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyGuy (Post 147794)
After the salt test mine seems to be off by 6%, anyone else getting similar results?

Mine came back as a +2 and that matchs up with both my others which were also +2 and plus +3 (Their variance I already knew).

Good enough for me.......

14holestogie 01-04-2009 11:51 AM

I've got 4 of them, all within 3% points. Once again, close enough for me at that price. Better units are out there for a price for those demanding spot on accuracy.

ChasDen 01-04-2009 06:05 PM

They are hit and miss but for the most part if you need a few this is a good buy in bulk. I have bought 6 I think maybe 7. I only had one that was off by more than 5 and it was way off, 10ish I think. I took it back and exchanged it for one that was off by 2. Almost every one I have is low not high and mostly by just 2 or 3. I have salt test them all at reg intervals and they don't appear to be getting worse, so I just keep the like units together and know they are off by what ever they are. I have 2 in one vino that tested low by 2. They read 68 every day I look at them (Scott's beads in the vino by the way).

Chas

eber 01-11-2009 07:38 PM

I just got one of these as well, I really like the fact that it will show the peak low and high humidity so you can tell if anything went array in the humi