Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bundles, Seconds and Over-Runs (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18590)

Starscream 09-13-2009 06:05 PM

Re: Bundles, Seconds and Over-Runs

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan (Post 472810)
Typically, there are about 400 pairs of hands that touch the tobacco that goes into making cigars.

If you touch a public doorknob or money, you are touching the most filthy things in the world with more germs than imaginable. Does that freak you out too?

I know, but don't remind me, Greg...

maverickdrinker 09-15-2009 05:27 PM

Just ordered 2 more bundles of the LHO coronas and 1 bundle of the robustos.

They are running out of the coronas. They estimate that they will be out of them in the next couple of weeks. You might want to pull the trigger if you were thinking of ordering them.

Chemyst 09-15-2009 08:24 PM

I liked the Consuegra No. 9 maduros, and occasionally
buy the RP X-Outs Liga 'C' from the devil site. The
RPs are seconds of the Olde World Reserve, which are
some of my favs, but they need sleep for 6-12 mos.

Chemyst :cool2:

bookman 09-15-2009 08:33 PM

La Aurora seconds cameroon can be bought for about $30 for 25 sticks. Try Holts.

Mr. Ed 09-15-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bookman (Post 551659)
La Aurora seconds cameroon can be bought for about $30 for 25 sticks. Try Holts.

You can also get 30 for $35 at CI!:tu

bookman 09-15-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ed (Post 547511)
La Aurora Leoninos at CI is a fantastic Dominican smoke with a corojo wrapper. They have a good flavor and are medium-bodied. This isn't a bundle or a second, but they are priced the same.

While we're at it. Magellan Dominicans are a nice small mil change of pace cigar. Smooth and pretty tasty considering they're at 55 cents per.

True dat! These are amazing somokes @ about 25/$30 from CI. Oily and stronger than most Doms. For my $ any la Aurora second/ economy priced stick is better than a lot of premium smokes.

bookman 09-15-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bookman (Post 551907)
True dat! These are amazing somokes @ about 25/$30 from CI. Oily and stronger than most Doms. For my $ any la Aurora second/ economy priced stick is better than a lot of premium smokes.

Mr. Ed. I'm a big la Aurora fan. I've got some maduro and cameroon perfectos would trade for other blends if interested PM me.

bookman 09-15-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 547602)
I know, but don't remind me, Greg...

And think of all those un celloed sticks that get the nose treatment from finicky customers.:D

Tobacconists should pass out gloves and masks like they do in rare book rooms!:r

eboniknight 09-16-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreth (Post 468933)
I primarily stock my humidor with lower-priced sticks like Perdomo Slow-aged or IT Super Fuerte, which I've found are as good or better than many "high end" smokes.
I take advantage of samplers or c bid to try out more expensive sticks.

Those Perdomo Slow-Aged are surprisingly good smokes......especially for the money. I've got 2 left resting in the humi right now.....time for a refill. :D

wayner123 09-16-2009 04:10 PM

I have always enjoyed a good punch and the seconds of that the Consuegra is no exception. I used to smoke mainly seconds and bundles and it's hard to beat a Consuegra Natural or maduro.

I don't know if you have ever been to Lynn cigars, but they have pretty much every "seconds" cigar. And imo the Davidoff seconds bundles are a great deal if you like Davidoff. Same tobacco, less than half the price.

http://www.lynncigars.com/BrandList(short).html

dogface_313 09-17-2009 06:52 PM

I have got to say, that in my young cigar smoking career; i have found nothing better than Tampa Sweethearts for the money.

kelmac07 09-17-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogface_313 (Post 555607)
I have got to say, that in my young cigar smoking career; i have found nothing better than Tampa Sweethearts for the money.

Very wise Noob right there!! :tu

njstone 09-17-2009 10:15 PM

I'm all about the Perdomo ESV 2nds ... dang good cigars. The RP Vintage '92 seconds are great too, and the x-out C (OWR) are good but not quite the real thing, imvho.

BeerAdvocate 09-18-2009 06:11 AM

I really like the Fumadors from Holts for $30 a box!!

Mr. Ed 09-30-2009 06:52 PM

Had a Palma Real toro earlier today. For a buck a stick I would say it's worth it. Nice mild flavor, never turned harsh, good burn, nice draw. Good if you just want something to toss around.

kenstogie 09-30-2009 07:02 PM

It seems as though many of us here like the seconds. Me included. Especially the RP Vintage seconds and the Consuegras. My question is are the first rate ones that pass muster any better and if so by how much??

captain53 09-30-2009 07:05 PM

I have bought a few to try and like the Famous Nic 3000's but most others have let me down and also use a lot of humi room having to age them for months. Lately I have realized if I shop Monster & CI daily specials, etc I can buy some pretty nice stuff for $3 and under that are usually better than the bundle stuff. :2

Mr. Ed 09-30-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenstogie (Post 576016)
It seems as though many of us here like the seconds. Me included. Especially the RP Vintage seconds and the Consuegras. My question is are the first rate ones that pass muster any better and if so by how much??

Wrapper quality and appearance mostly are what's better. Better construction not as plugged? Maybe

dubs chops 01-25-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flat6nut (Post 469493)
Everyone knows I love me some Tampa Sweethearts in Maduro, not so much the naturals though. Have not had anything that comes close to the #500 Maduro under $10.

Where can I order some of these at? I googled and couldn't find anything.

Tripp 01-25-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubs chops (Post 734396)
Where can I order some of these at? I googled and couldn't find anything.

http://www.tampasweethearts.com/

seems to be down at the moment though :confused: