Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   (Official?) Pocket Knife Discussion Thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1807)

Smokin Gator 12-27-2010 01:15 PM

Re: (Official?) Pocket Knife Discussion Thread

I bought myself a Microtech L-UDT for Christmas based on Greg's comments. Man that is one sweet knife!!! I got it from Blade HQ and was very pleased with the service. I didn't shop the price much but am happy even if I paid a few $$s too much.

longknocker 12-27-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 1108804)
I bought myself a Microtech L-UDT for Christmas based on Greg's comments. Man that is one sweet knife!!! I got it from Blade HQ and was very pleased with the service. I didn't shop the price much but am happy even if I paid a few $$s too much.

My ED Carry, Brother! Great Choice!:D:tu I Think I Bought Mine From The Same Place! Best Prices I've Found, Anyway.

LostAbbott 12-27-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

:np

BeerAdvocate 12-27-2010 03:02 PM

I got a nice Spyderco pocket knife for Christmas

Zeuceone 12-27-2010 03:25 PM

Escape a S&W spring assist.

jquirit 12-27-2010 03:38 PM

I use to EDC a Benchmade 3550SBK, but then I got a bit worried of losing it (and I need to send it back to Benchmade for some refurbishment as it's been well used) and switched over to a simple Kershaw Oso Sweet. The semi-assisted open is very nice (quick flick to get it open), and there's a nice heft to it.

It may not be sexy as my auto, but I'm also not going to get worried if it goes lost.

Zeuceone 12-27-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeuceone (Post 1108918)
escape a s&w spring assist.

i edc

ajacobs 12-27-2010 03:50 PM

Rick Hinderer XM-18 for me. I don't think a better folder is made.

Smokin Gator 12-27-2010 03:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostAbbott (Post 1108856)
:np

I knew that was coming... I was hoping I didn't get busted as I suck at pics, but here are a couple:
Attachment 8266

Attachment 8267

This is the nicest knife I have ever bought and I love it. I ain't going down another slope!!!

longknocker 12-27-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 1108948)
I knew that was coming... I was hoping I didn't get busted as I suck at pics, but here are a couple:
Attachment 8266

Attachment 8267

This is the nicest knife I have ever bought and I love it. I ain't going down another slope!!!

Aw, Come On, Brent! You Need At Least Another 100 Top Notch Knives To Display In Your ManCave!:r:D

tobii3 12-27-2010 04:31 PM

Yeah....Like THIS!

:D

Bill86 12-27-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

You are in good hands with BladeHQ. They are currently taking care of a problem in one of my autos for me. Great vendor, they deal with Microtech so you don't have to. That's a bigger favor then it sounds like. Getting a hold of Microtech by anything other than Email.......just doesn't happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajacobs (Post 1108940)
Rick Hinderer XM-18 for me. I don't think a better folder is made.

You sir are correct, there is no better folder made....oh wait yeah there is DUH the XM-24 :r :r :r :r. I keed I keed. The XM-18/24 are the best folders out there IMHO. I gotta get one someday. I've carried one before though.

Smokin Gator 12-27-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longknocker (Post 1108958)
Aw, Come On, Brent! You Need At Least Another 100 Top Notch Knives To Display In Your ManCave!:r:D

Uh... NO!!! I'm tellin' ya. I love this one... but guns are more my thing. I have more of them than I need too, but I can't see myself going over the cliff on knives. Unless of course I kill the monthly box split:r:r

Whynot 12-27-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadicwookie (Post 1090315)
Be cautious of hideawayknife.com. Front Sight has developed a very bad reputation with customers and virtually every knife maker they have collaborated with. I would recommend trying to find one on the secondary market. Just my:2

Huh, I hadn't heard that. I have 2 from them and never had any problems, of course it has been a year or two since I last bought one from them. Thanks for the heads up.

Wolfgang 12-27-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 1109150)
Uh... NO!!! I'm tellin' ya. I love this one... but guns are more my thing. I have more of them than I need too, but I can't see myself going over the cliff on knives. Unless of course I kill the monthly box split:r:r

Great choice. I bought mine from the same place and I have not seen them cheaper. Im currently EDCing the OLIVE version of the L-UDT with black blade (pictured below) but ill will be buying your exact model this coming paycheck.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...0/knives-1.jpg

ir13 12-28-2010 06:14 AM

Got a good deal on the display model @ Cabelas while on vacation so i couldnt pass her up, been looking for a good assisted open pocket knife for a while and nothing felt right in my hand.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5248/...91b80fe9_o.jpg

Kershaw Whirlwind

Wolfgang 12-29-2010 10:35 AM

Christmas present to myself.

Benchmade Shoki

Blade Length: 2.89"
Blade Thickness: 0.090"
Overall Length: 6.67"
Closed Length: 3.79"
Blade Material: M390 Premium Stainless Steel
Blade Hardness: 60-62HRC
Weight: 1.80oz.
Clip: Sheath Clip
Lock Mechanism: Nak-Lok
Sheath Material: Leather with Clip
Class: Blue

http://www.bladehq.com/images/knives...hoki-480-1.jpg

Whynot 12-29-2010 01:11 PM

Anyone have a protech don? They are such a badass looking knife.

TripleF 12-30-2010 09:53 PM

I just scored my first 2 Case knives on ebay. Both are Jeff Gordon limited edition collector's knives, but I've been wanting something from Case for quite a while. :wo

Oh, BTW, congrats Brent!

Wolfgang 12-30-2010 10:12 PM

:hm:hm Have you now Scott :hm:hm