Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Just proud to share this with you all (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63692)

czerbe 10-15-2013 08:53 AM

Just proud to share this with you all

This is a picture of my Grandparents on Saturday Ruth and Ralph they have been married just shy of 70 years, My Grandmother is 90 already and my Grandfather just turned 90 on Saturday, he was a Cigar and Whiskey drinker from way back, he is one of my first memories of somebody smoking a cigar always used to have one after dinner and while working in the yard. He was in WWII fought both the Germans and the Japanese he is one of the reasons this Country has the freedoms it has I am so blessed to still have 3 Grandparents left at the age of 34 and so lucky I get to spend so much time with them. Thats about it just wanted to share this story with you gents/ladies.. I do love my family.

P.S. the handsome guy in the middle.... thats me!!! :r:r

[IMG]http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8cb01924.jpg[/IMG]

hotreds 10-15-2013 08:56 AM

Re: Just proud to share this with you all

Outstanding! They look to be in good shape, which is wonderful! My Dad is turning 90 in November, just retired two weeks ago!

stearns 10-15-2013 08:56 AM

thanks for sharing :tu

pnoon 10-15-2013 09:06 AM

Very cool!

Congrats to them both.

kelmac07 10-15-2013 09:07 AM

Great stuff...thanks for sharing Corey. :tu

big_jaygee 10-15-2013 09:10 AM

Congrats to both and thanks for sharing this Corey :tu

CigarNut 10-15-2013 09:14 AM

Awesome!

357 10-15-2013 09:17 AM

Great stuff Corey. They look healty for their age. I hope you have them for years to come. I'm your age and I have no living grandparents. God has blessed both you and them.

G G 10-15-2013 09:23 AM

Awesome.:tu

icehog3 10-15-2013 10:01 AM

Super cool, thank you for sharing, Corey.

markem 10-15-2013 10:54 AM

Does a body good to see such a happy group. Yesterday I heard a good line from an elderly gent: don't complain about getting old, some never get the chance.

Glad to see that your grandparents are still with you.

AdamJoshua 10-15-2013 11:01 AM

Great picture and all very blessed to still be together. Happy early anniversary to them!

jjirons69 10-15-2013 12:11 PM

Wow - that is so awesome! Enjoy them while you can, my friend.

czerbe 10-15-2013 12:21 PM

Geeze guys I didn't expect this kind of Reaction I was just happy to share with my Brothers and Sisters Of the Leaf, thank you for all your kind words... it means the world to me, People have asked in the Past if there was one person you could smoke a Cigar with who would it be and I always answer the same way.. My Grandfather!!!

CigarInspector 10-17-2013 05:36 AM

What an awesome pic! Thanks for sharing Corey. It is so important to spend as much time with family and friends while you can. It is amazing how short life truly is. Now for the question that curious minds want to know. What is your Grandfathers favorite type of stick to smoke?

maninblack 10-17-2013 05:42 AM

Amazing pic Corey! Thanks for sharing. 70 years. Wow, what a lifetime they've shared. Thank your grandfather for what he did for this great country.

czerbe 10-17-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarInspector (Post 1891222)
What an awesome pic! Thanks for sharing Corey. It is so important to spend as much time with family and friends while you can. It is amazing how short life truly is. Now for the question that curious minds want to know. What is your Grandfathers favorite type of stick to smoke?

Thank you, to be honest I'm not sure what he smoked back then... I will have to ask him, don't know if they were hand rolled premiums or Phillys by the way he smoked them and chewed on them I will guess more of a Machine made stick but who knows. It's just a great memory for me.

RobR1205 10-17-2013 08:04 AM

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing this awesome photo. My own great grandmother turns 100 in the next two weeks.

shilala 10-17-2013 10:37 AM

Thanks for sharing that, Corey. I smiled real big and showed my wife.
Your Grandpa is a true hero in every sense of the word. I'm sure your Grandma is far greater the hero for putting up with him!!! :D