Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27575)

0002S 01-20-2010 09:47 PM

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/IMG_8867.jpg

Wrapper: Cameroon
Binder: Dom. Rep.
Filler: Dom. Rep.
Price: $8.00 - $10.00
Ring Gauge: 48
Lenght: 7"
Churchill/Figurado
Smoke Time: 1.5 -2 hrs.

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/IMG_8873.jpg

First off, I like to smoke 1-2 cigars a week and I like to take my time and enjoy them. This is why I usually smoke a Churchill. I also like to drink coffee when I smoke. I am a creature of habit.

PRE-SMOKE:

The first thing that catches your eye when you examine this cigar is the shape. It is as if a Churchill and Figurado had a bastard child. The nipple end makes for an easy light. The Camaroon wrapper is dark with a slight veins and general slight rough appearance. The wrapper has a slight earthy smell to it. It cuts easy and clean. The 48 ring gauge and 7" length is perfect for my hands and this is the type of cigar you don't want to put down when your smoking.

THE BURN:

It burns even and has a solid dark gray ash. It produces a light smoke when resting. Nothing special here. Just the facts ma'am.

FLAVOR:

1/3 - This cigar has a easy draw and the initial favor is earthy. There is a slight bitter taste, like a citrus peel. This progresses quickly into coffee flavor. I think this taste is why I like it so much with coffee. The smoke is creamy/velvety at this point. Over all medium with no harsh aftertaste.

2/3 - The cigar still maintains it's easy draw. At this point the coffee flavor starts to give way to a woody flavor with hits of cedar. The creamy/velvety smoke goes away and eventually the woody flavor becomes the dominate flavor. It starts to pick up a slight aftertaste that stay with you, but it's not overbearing.

3/3 - The cigar starts to go from woody flavor to a leather flavor with what I think is a very slight bitter chocolate taste that comes and goes. The cigar finishes with the leather flavor. The aftertaste remains, but is not overbearing. I usually stop smoking with 1.5" left.

MY OPINION:

For me this cigar is perfect around 30 minutes after a good meal. It shouldn't be rushed. I prefer it with a couple of cups of black coffee (I usually drink Illy coffee out of my Jura machine). I would recommend this cigar for anyone who wants a medium+, after dinner cigar. You will need at least 1.5 hrs to enjoy.

RATE: (out of 10)

MedicCook 01-20-2010 09:50 PM

Re: Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic

Thanks for the review Shawn.

mariogolbee 01-20-2010 10:57 PM

Nice review. Thank you. I haven't had a hemmingway fail me yet.

looking for know 01-20-2010 11:08 PM

My favorite cigar.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I would chain smoke these if I could.

0002S 01-21-2010 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looking for know (Post 727936)
My favorite cigar.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I would chain smoke these if I could.

I agree, well maybe not the chain smoking part...LOL

This is my go to cigar when I'm giving one away to a casual cigar smoker that comes to the house.

kelmac07 01-21-2010 04:46 AM

Nice review of a great stick. :tu

Salvelinus 01-21-2010 05:10 AM

Thanks for the review. Now if I could only find some of these slightly cheaper around me.

mike 01-21-2010 05:41 AM

This is a fine smoke. I enjoy when I can.

OHRD 01-21-2010 06:07 AM

Great description and picture, thanks for adding this one!

G G 01-21-2010 06:27 AM

Nice review.:tu

CigarNut 01-21-2010 07:22 AM

Thanks for the great review! I just recently tried some other Hemingway's (WOAM, Short Story) and I really like those. Now I think I will give pick up a Classic (maybe even this afternoon) and give them a try.

mcmoyer 01-21-2010 07:27 AM

My first (and still favorite) Hemingway...thanks for the great review & photos!

:tu

BlackIrish 01-21-2010 08:12 AM

Love the Hemis! Great review and pics.

Knip23 01-21-2010 08:13 AM

looks tasty great review thanks

0002S 01-21-2010 10:48 AM

Thanks everyone

elemental13 02-11-2010 06:20 AM

i have a box of these in the humi and for me not being a huge fuente fan i do enjoy them here and there for something different

Smokin Gator 09-04-2010 12:00 PM

I picked up a fiver of these from a BOTL. I almost always let things rest for a while, but since I haven't had one for a while I just couldn't wait. Fired one up as soon as it came out of the box. Dang I love these. Such great construction and wonderful medium strength flavor.

Prospector 09-04-2010 12:55 PM

Love the Hemingways. Got a box of Signatures and a box of Short Stories in the Vino, and they are being depleted pretty rapidly. Also had a few Work of Art singles. Never tried a Classic but have no doubt I would love it as well.

Very nice review, BTW:tu

Shemp Howard 09-05-2010 04:34 AM

I have a fiver resting in my humi here. I will be taking them on R&R and I'm sure I will burn 1 or 2 while home. Thanks for the review.