Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Punch Rare Corojo Question (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55043)

IlmProcess 04-15-2012 06:36 PM

Punch Rare Corojo Question

I remember smoking a handful of these back in 07. I really enjoyed them—if I remember correctly they were rather spicy and had some dried fruit flavours from time to time (I think I was smoking the smallest of the bunch).

Has anyone had any of the more recent ones? How do you all like them?

TJtorpedo 04-16-2012 06:58 PM

Re: Punch Rare Corojo Question

I recently got one in a trade. I haven't smoked it yet, so I can't help you there, but I used to smoke them back in about '05, and the flavors you describe is how I remember them. Tasty suckers.

DaBear 04-16-2012 07:02 PM

Had one a few weeks ago. Wasn't bad. Can't remember much flavor wise, just remember being impressed with it.

IlmProcess 04-17-2012 10:23 PM

Thanks for the info guys. TJtorpedo, if you get around to smokin it sometime soon, lemme know how you like it

Chemyst 04-18-2012 12:43 AM

They're terrific 'bang for the buck' sticks.
I buy a box and let them sit for at least 6 months.
As a matter of fact I need to get another box,
as soon as I get some room in my VT.

Chemyst :cool2:

trendo 04-18-2012 11:53 AM

I know a lot of guys like aging the rare corojos. I smoked one the other day that I bought in 07, either my tastes have changed, or this thing was better a few years ago. I haven't smoked one of the newer ones, but I hear their pretty good, especially for the price.

levrac68 04-18-2012 05:29 PM

I have about a dozen left from when I got a box two years ago. Funny that I just gave my buddy one earlier today. They're a decent smoke, but not one of my go to cigars. Can't say I remember it as a full of flavor or peppery stick. I do think they've mellowed out since I first picked them up.

TJtorpedo 04-18-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlmProcess (Post 1619016)
Thanks for the info guys. TJtorpedo, if you get around to smokin it sometime soon, lemme know how you like it

I definitely will. Since we've been talking about them, I'll smoke it within a few days and post my impressions of it here.

IlmProcess 04-18-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJtorpedo (Post 1619573)
I definitely will. Since we've been talking about them, I'll smoke it within a few days and post my impressions of it here.

Cool bro, I appreciate it!
I guess it's a decent enough excuse to light one up ;)

TJtorpedo 04-19-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlmProcess (Post 1619748)
Cool bro, I appreciate it!
I guess it's a decent enough excuse to light one up ;)

Sho is! :tu I don't need much prodding to be convinced to light up a cigar! :D

TJtorpedo 04-20-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlmProcess (Post 1619016)

Smoking it right now, and it's the same as I remember it, which is to say pretty tasty. I think this one is a couple years old, because the cello was a crispy yellow. It's the toro size.

It started out floral and fruity, and now about halfway in it has settled into a nice woodsey spicy groove. The wrapper is a little fragile and has cracked in a few places, and the draw is a little tight, but it's all good! I'll have to put these back on my radar to have on-hand. :tu

IlmProcess 04-20-2012 12:15 PM

Dig it, thanks! Sounds like they'll be on mine as well :)

hammondc 04-20-2012 12:24 PM

One of my favorite NCs. Always on hand. One of my gateway cigars. PRC & the CAO Cameroon. Never did get my hands on the 10th Anniversary edition though. B&M does not have them and I don't really want a bunch of em.

Now that I think of it, I have not had the CAO in ages either.