Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   5 Vegas Relic (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11168)

Tredegar 02-28-2009 10:46 AM

5 Vegas Relic

It's not very often that I see a new cigar that I really want to try. The 5 Vegas Relic, however, is one of the ones I want to try. Has anyone had one yet? If so how was it?

Lucky_Hippo 02-28-2009 11:54 AM

Re: 5 Vegas Relic

I havn't tried these yet, but I like the 5 vegas gold and the cask strength so I'll probably give them a shot down the road sometime.

Neat box presentation if your looking for something different. I'll give them that.

Starscream 02-28-2009 06:56 PM

Nice looking box and presentation. Starting to be too many types of 5 Vegas out on the market now.

Mark C 03-02-2009 05:34 AM

I've got 5 in the cooler. Planning to let them sit for a little while to recover from shipping, CI always sends them so darn wet.

darkninja67 03-02-2009 02:44 PM

The presentation is sweet but way too many lines of 5 Vegas it seems.

What line is generally considered the best as far as a full bodied smoke goes? (for 5 Vegas)

promethius 03-04-2009 07:27 PM

never had any 5 Vegas cigars, can someone compare them to another brand? Might look into getting a few to sample. any suggestions on the line?

thanks

Bruzee 03-04-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by promethius (Post 271222)
never had any 5 Vegas cigars, can someone compare them to another brand? Might look into getting a few to sample. any suggestions on the line?

thanks

I can't compare them to anything else, but I like most of them. The Classic (Red/Gold Band) is medium to full bodied, with some spice and a pretty good kick. The 'A' Series is my favorite. It is the medium to full bodied maduro, and has a nice subtle coffee and leathery taste. The Miami is good too, but I didn't like the Miami Knuckle. I have a Limitada in the humi, but have yet to smoke it. You can't go wrong with one of thier samplers.

dubnick 04-06-2009 05:50 PM

Bump... Has anyone tried these yet... Interested in hearing what ya think.

Tredegar 04-06-2009 07:44 PM

I have some on order and they should be here this week. I will let you know how it goes. :)

bookman 04-06-2009 07:47 PM

Tried one too soon from shipping, bought the 5er. Good, oily, not too spicy. Very nutty. I enjoyed it. I'll try another in a few months. Let me know if you want me to send you one, Tredegar.

BeerAdvocate 04-07-2009 06:39 AM

They are on my wishlist!

dubnick 04-07-2009 03:58 PM

I am interested in them. Prob going to grab a fiver. Like the idea of the nuttyness...lol

bigloo 04-07-2009 04:26 PM

I got a fiver coming tomorrow. I have not been a huge fan of 5 Vegas but they won me over with good ol' fashioned marketing on this one. Thanks for the quick review, I like nuttiness, could be my first 5 Vegas I like.

WildBlueSooner 04-07-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate (Post 324387)
They are on my wishlist!

:tpd:

Tredegar 04-09-2009 03:40 PM

Well, my shipment of the Relics came in yesterday and I just had to have one. Let me say that these have the potential to being an excellent cigar, but they do need some time resting. My smoke was a bit tight on the draw and burned a bit unevenly. The flavors, however, were another matter. I noticed a nice chocolate flavor from the get go and as the cigar burned it had a definite woodsy, earthy flavor. This may be one of the better smokes that has come out in the past year. Give them about 3-6 months or more resting and they should be an awesome smoke.

dubnick 04-09-2009 03:45 PM

Thanks for the review...

dubnick 04-09-2009 04:04 PM

Just ordered my fiver... Going to be hard to not smoke one ROTT.

Pat1075 04-09-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 (Post 266567)
The presentation is sweet but way too many lines of 5 Vegas it seems.

What line is generally considered the best as far as a full bodied smoke goes? (for 5 Vegas)

I think the Miami is best for a full for a 5 vegas but it is a Pepin blend and I am a Pepin ho so of course I like it.

s15driftking 06-10-2009 07:12 AM

i wanted to try this cigar so bad at first.

I recieved one in a trade and was very excited.

The cigar SUCKED!

1. one dimensional
2. crappy construction (so uneven, looked machine-made)
3. smaller than i expected
4. tigher-than-looser draw

bah, i might try one again just to make sure it wasnt a fluke.... i want to like this cigar.

doctorcue 06-10-2009 05:01 PM

I bought a fiver of these and smoked one on the way to Tahoe. Unfortunately it was still a little wet and the draw was tight. That being said I liked what I was initially getting. I'm going to let the remainder of the fiver sit for a while. I can see a box in my future.

:2

bigloo 06-10-2009 05:13 PM

I was the guy who sent Bobby one of these on trade. I am ashamed for doing that. I fired one up after sending him the trade and I turned green on puff #1. It was bitter, bitter, bitter. The only flavor was this bitter acrid tarry nasty taste. If you go up in the post you will see I say I hope this is the first 5 Vegas I like, well, still waiting... this is a horrible cigar. As it turns out, the draw was good one mine, which was not a good thing, I would have prefered a hard draw resulted in less crap in my mouth. The cigar is unique in that foot/head is closed... need a double clip.

kelmac07 06-10-2009 05:15 PM

Have only had the "A" and the Gold and was not impressed.

Random Guy 06-10-2009 05:57 PM

I had a Gold last week and it was horrible! And I have 4 more of them! Hopefully, they age better? (any thoughts on that?)

That being said, I really like the Classic torpedo!

s15driftking 06-10-2009 06:45 PM

Bigloo, its not your fault, the cigar looks awesome, who could blame you? IWANT TO LIKE THAT CIGAR,lol... i just cannot! i still love you!

Thrak 06-10-2009 06:50 PM

well I got 10 off the Jam today so I'll have to report back...

DoctaJ 06-11-2009 01:01 PM

I have this cigar on my wish list as well. As people have already mentioned, the box presentation is definitely unique. The only other 5 Vegas I have had in the past is the A series which I am a fan of. I also have 2 Miami's in the humidor that I recieved recently and also have a bid on the devil site for a sample that includes the cask strength. I will say this is a stick I can wait on...I will try it when the chance arises or when I see a good deal for one/some (probably on the devil site again).

DoctaJ 06-11-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruzee (Post 271240)
The Miami is good too, but I didn't like the Miami Knuckle. I have a Limitada in the humi, but have yet to smoke it. You can't go wrong with one of thier samplers.

What didn't you like about the Knuckle as compared to the other Miami size(s) you have tried?

big a 06-11-2009 06:02 PM

I'm with bob and bigloo, however my experience wasn't as bad as bigloo's. The cigar was nothing great. Mine seemed to be pretty "nutty" and that was it. Draw was ok but there was something missing. I would like to try another with a year or so of age to see if that helps. Other than that it is just another cigar with great presentation that does not deliver.

Thrak 06-12-2009 07:48 PM

I just had one... it was still a bit wet from CI, but I couldnt wait

All in all I enjoyed it. Draw was good, burn was sharp, LOTS of smoke, good flavor... I'm sure there are better but for the price (10 for $29 on JoeCigar), I liked it.

I'll try another in a week or two to see how they are at 65%