Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!) (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1754)

bobarian 06-03-2012 09:16 PM

Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Yes.

B-RiZzY 06-04-2012 07:07 AM

Okay, thank you very much. I will be picking these up soon.

hyewiz 06-24-2012 08:16 AM

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this,

I like to know if anyone knows Cigar accessory stores In Montreal, I need to purchase Cigar Punch.

Thank you

CigarJut 07-19-2012 05:06 AM

When storing smokes in my humidor, should I take them out of the plastic or leave it on?

CigarNut 07-19-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarJut (Post 1683153)
When storing smokes in my humidor, should I take them out of the plastic or leave it on?

Personal preference. The cello is there to protect the wrapper, however it is porous so it will allow some airflow. I usually leave it on.

CigarJut 07-23-2012 08:24 PM

Ok I have a torch lighter that I bought and use to light all my smokes. I was at an event this weekend where a guy saw me smoking and asked if he could get a light. I proceed to give him my lighter and he said “oh you don’t use matches, never mind” and walked away. So my question is do matches really provide a better experience?

Remo 07-23-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarJut (Post 1686251)
Ok I have a torch lighter that I bought and use to light all my smokes. I was at an event this weekend where a guy saw me smoking and asked if he could get a light. I proceed to give him my lighter and he said “oh you don’t use matches, never mind” and walked away. So my question is do matches really provide a better experience?

Some people prefer matches, others lighters. I would seriously doubt that triple or quintuple refined butane has much or any more negative effect on a cigar than a match.....guy sounded like a tool, bring your own fookin matches azzhat!!

bobarian 07-23-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarJut (Post 1686251)

Nope. Fire is fire, it is highly unlikely that the tobacco leaf knows the method of combustion. :2

FWIW some people will only smoke cigars rolled on the thighs of virgins. This guy sounds like he may be one of those smokers. :sh

pnoon 07-23-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 (Post 1686253)
...guy sounded like a tool, bring your own fookin matches azzhat!!

What a d!ckhead.
Anybody that pompous doesn't deserve a light.
:2

NCRadioMan 07-24-2012 03:51 AM

Probably the kind of moron that has no idea how to work a torch lighter and didn't want to embarrass himself. There are many more than you would think.

If anyone tells you they can taste the butane from using a lighter, it's in their head because butane is odorless and tasteless.

chachee52 07-24-2012 06:46 AM

I know a guy that will only light a cigar with a burning piece of cedar. He won't even use a match because of the tip of the match isn't just wood.
Just as long as my cigar gets lit some how, I'm a happy man!

Blak Smyth 07-24-2012 06:59 AM

I know a few people who are completely clueless about cigars and they have asked "you can only use wooden matches to light, right?". It is a common myth amoungst non-smokers it seems.

jluck 07-25-2012 09:48 PM

What time of year is the tobacco harvest in Cuba? How long from harvest to earliest production?

Does anyone have a comprehensive life cycle of a tobacco leaf from seed to cigar?

TJarv 08-25-2012 04:12 PM

With my new winedor, how should I get the smell out? I've read on here to use baking soda, but do I just open the box and set it inside?

CigarNut 08-25-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJarv (Post 1705544)
With my new winedor, how should I get the smell out? I've read on here to use baking soda, but do I just open the box and set it inside?

That should be fine Tony; give it a few days or a week. Also, if you put the baking soda on some small plates instead and use several of these plates it might work a little faster -- more of bhe baking soda's surface area will be exposed.

TJarv 08-25-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1705572)
That should be fine Tony; give it a few days or a week. Also, if you put the baking soda on some small plates instead and use several of these plates it might work a little faster -- more of bhe baking soda's surface area will be exposed.

Sounds good, thanks for the tip

bobarian 08-25-2012 05:49 PM

If the smell isnt too strong you can just wash out the inside with a wet sponge with some baking soda sprinkled on top. :2

TJarv 08-25-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 1705595)
If the smell isnt too strong you can just wash out the inside with a wet sponge with some baking soda sprinkled on top. :2

It's pretty strong, so I'll probably let it sit inside for a few days then wipe it down

theonlybear4CORT 08-26-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 1705595)

Where we're you when I was single an had a 1 night er with this naive American chick in Arizona Bob?

area51 08-26-2012 06:47 AM

^Geeze