Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What age did you start smoking cigars and how long have you been into (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74630)

The camaro show 11-26-2018 03:37 PM

Re: What age did you start smoking cigars and how long have you been i

lots of guys in their teens

Gabe215 11-26-2018 05:18 PM

I started when I was 25, that was 7 years ago. Started out with Padron and Perdomo’s. Then I became obsessed with all the hard to find small batch stuff by Drew Estate, Tat, and and Illusione. Then turned into one of those Cuban only guys. Now I smoke a lot of Fuente, AVO, Tatuaje, Dre Estate, Ramon Allones and Bolivar. I rarely get a chance to smoke these days with two small children, working crazy hours and keeping time for my wife as well. But I try and smoke once a month. Love this community and post regularly on wine, beer, sports, and other random threads here!!

The camaro show 11-26-2018 05:30 PM

Good to hear

hudd 11-26-2018 05:43 PM

Started at age 12 back 46 years ago. Started with my dads Swishers and progressed through the gas station convenient store brands until I was 20. Found a B&M close by and here we are today.

borndead1 11-26-2018 09:08 PM

Started out in my teens smoking nasty machine made cigars. Then one day about 14 or 15 years ago (age 29 or 30), I was in a smoke shop buying a pack of cigarettes and saw a case with cigars in it. It had been a while since I smoked a stogie, so I grabbed an Arturo Fuente Exquisito. I couldn't believe how much better that cigar tasted compared to Backwoods, Phillies, etc. It was all downhill from there.

P.S. Buy a big humidor.

golfman18 11-26-2018 09:11 PM

about a year ago :)

Fig_Nasty 11-27-2018 07:49 PM

Turned 18 and bought what I thought was a good stick to celebrate. (being in Miami there are Fohibas floating around everywhere so go figure :na ) Then while I was in the police academy a few years later cigars came up in conversation and was finally gifted a quality cigar by my buddy Frank. I continued to smoke cigars for the next couple of years not really concerning myself with what I smoked or whatever, but just recently started appreciating cigars more than ever. Needless to say, in the last two years I have really caught the bug and have been trying to play catch up ever since.

golfman18 11-27-2018 08:51 PM

18 here

The camaro show 11-27-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borndead1 (Post 2164114)
Started out in my teens smoking nasty machine made cigars. Then one day about 14 or 15 years ago (age 29 or 30), I was in a smoke shop buying a pack of cigarettes and saw a case with cigars in it. It had been a while since I smoked a stogie, so I grabbed an Arturo Fuente Exquisito. I couldn't believe how much better that cigar tasted compared to Backwoods, Phillies, etc. It was all downhill from there.

P.S. Buy a big humidor.

I got one coming now the thing is to get it filled lol

Ashcan Bill 11-28-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The camaro show (Post 2164085)
lots of guys in their teens

Yeah, from the Summer of Love to a Medicare card. :dance:

The camaro show 11-28-2018 09:56 AM

Haha

golfman18 11-28-2018 11:12 AM

what's the summer of love??

stearns 11-28-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfman18 (Post 2164208)
what's the summer of love??

Summer Of Love :tu

CEC_Tech 11-28-2018 07:39 PM

Off and ON in my early 20's and really got into smoking cigars in my early 30's when I quit smoking the cowboy killers. Started with Don Tomas, CAO, and Rocky Patel them moved on from there. Did the Acid and havana honeys for a bit, then got my hands on Fuentes and La Flor. When this place was Club Stogie, TriShield gifted me my first real cuban, it's been downhill ever since....and boy i love the ride.

golfman18 11-28-2018 07:45 PM

Very nice

The camaro show 12-09-2018 10:31 PM

I find myself enjoying a cigar more every time I smoke one

Chainsaw13 12-10-2018 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The camaro show (Post 2164901)
I find myself enjoying a cigar more every time I smoke one

:adam

The camaro show 12-19-2018 02:58 PM

Definitely falling down the slope

Buckeye Jack 12-19-2018 03:18 PM

1997 - A few months before my 20th birthday. Best friend was getting married...figured we had to have cigars for the bachelor party. Some crappy Tinder Box brand but I enjoyed the experience. He asked me what I wanted as my best man gift so I asked for a good cigar. He bought me an Ashton.....rest is history

The marriage ended in 2017..ironically a few months before they hit 20 years.....but I'm still smoking good cigars :ss

croatan 12-19-2018 03:50 PM

My first decent cigar was with my uncle at 14 or 15, but it took me another year or so to get into it. I was living in Phoenix; my buddy and I would cut classes, drive to Nogales, smoke cigars (there were actually a few legit cigars in Nogales back then), and drink Mezcal or XX. Looking back now, there were some very bad decisions made then that luckily didn't have any long term negative consequences, but that first Bolivar Belicoso Fino was definitely one of the good decisions! Sitting at a street-side cafe, smoking that strong-ass Bolivar, and shooting the sh!t with friends...that's what turned me into a cigar smoker, and that's still what it's all about to me to this day.