Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   El Cobre by Oliva (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11912)

taltos 03-19-2009 02:46 AM

Re: El Cobre by Oliva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 293978)
Thanks for the review!!!

But I'm afraid!!!
:lv

Grow a sack young Jedi. What does not quite kill us only makes us stronger.:D

SmokeyNL 03-19-2009 03:32 AM

They are not that strong once they get some rest in the humi, but they are tasty!

taltos 03-19-2009 03:40 AM

They still have some kick to them but are not as strong as some others that I have had.

Totemic 03-19-2009 09:55 AM

Are these even available anymore? I've been looking for them but so far every source for Oliva that I know is out of stock (and there doesn't seem to be any plans on restocking them either).

taltos 03-19-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totemic (Post 294327)
Are these even available anymore? I've been looking for them but so far every source for Oliva that I know is out of stock (and there doesn't seem to be any plans on restocking them either).

Check page 1 of this thread. I put a link to a source on there.

TripleF 04-05-2009 09:07 PM

Just smoked one gifted to me by the slippery Shilala and absolutely loved it!!

I highly recommend it if you are looking for a magnificent mound of maduro taste!! :tu

The Saint 04-05-2009 09:22 PM

Pick up a bundle of robustos, they aren't as strong as I thought they would be. I must have fried my taste buds :mad:, but all and all a very tasty cigar! I would pick these up again, with out a doubt. :tu

elderboy02 04-05-2009 09:52 PM

I snagged one of these in a pass. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the review!

MarkinAZ 04-08-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleF (Post 322355)
I highly recommend it if you are looking for a magnificent mound of maduro taste!! :tu

Then I'm sure Paul would love these. Oh, thats right. He's still digging himself out from underneath the "Birthday" rubble:r:dance:

Misha 04-09-2009 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taltos (Post 294036)
They still have some kick to them but are not as strong as some others that I have had.

Hmmm so I am not the only one that noticed it.
I would not even call them full bodied anymore...

FriskyDingo 04-09-2009 02:11 PM

Yeah, I purchased some of these over a year ago and didn't think they weren't nearly as strong as I had read. I thought the LFD DL Chisel kicked me harder than the El Cobre.

They STILL stink (but such a good stink) just as much as they did back when I first bought them though!

shilala 04-10-2009 10:12 AM

I just smoked another one of these yesterday and it was excellent. Once again, not nearly as powerful as they've been hyped to be, but absolutely delicious, full, and a true pleasure to smoke.
I walked around for ten minutes with the nub in my mouth once it was done. I don't think I've ever done that with any cigar.

Don Fernando 04-10-2009 04:24 PM

just drybox them Scott, the dryer they get, the more power.

SmokeyJoe 04-27-2009 10:29 PM

Smoking one right now...

Love this little butt-kicker! Scott described it well. I was gifted this one... planning on getting some more. :D

The guy who gave it to me included it in a bunch of strong smokes... I think he was trying to kill me - but I really liked this robusto. :tu

SmokeyJoe 04-27-2009 11:01 PM

Whew... half-way through...

Legs are feeling a little wobbly. :r

Don Fernando 04-27-2009 11:38 PM

:wo

SmokeyNL 04-28-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe (Post 359249)
Smoking one right now...

Love this little butt-kicker! Scott described it well. I was gifted this one... planning on getting some more. :D

The guy who gave it to me included it in a bunch of strong smokes... I think he was trying to kill me - but I really liked this robusto. :tu

you should try the torpedo, it starts off less strong and builds slowly towards how the robusto is :D

colimo 04-28-2009 12:05 AM

i will have to try one or more of these....i generallly like the oliva line, particularly the V series

SmokeyJoe 04-28-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colimo (Post 359339)
i will have to try one or more of these....i generallly like the oliva line, particularly the V series

Eat something first... and don't smoke it while operating heavy equipment. ;)

BeerAdvocate 04-28-2009 05:44 AM

I have always wanted to try one of these, but cant get my hands on one.