Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Bourbon - a travel story (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34333)

The Dakotan 07-24-2010 07:34 PM

Re: Bourbon - a travel story

What a great story. What I find oddest about your story telling is that you might be just as sarcastic as me. :D

You deserved every bit of what you god, Dave!

markem 07-24-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dakotan (Post 927479)
[...] you god, Dave!

Never heard it put quite so eloquently or correctly before, Jeff. :banger

The Dakotan 07-24-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markem (Post 927483)
Never heard it put quite so eloquently or correctly before, Jeff. :banger

haha! Yeah, maybe I should proof what I write! but what I wrote is true too. :=:

SmokinApe 07-25-2010 08:58 AM

Great story Dave... That bourbon looks amazing...

GreekGodX 07-25-2010 09:25 AM

That's awesome :tu I don't think many people these days would do something like that, especially from my age group.

yourchoice 07-26-2010 08:36 PM

Dave, when you posted your "been gone for a while" thread, I realized how much I missed your wonderfully described stories and well thought out posts. This one just put a huge smile on my face. :)

yourchoice 08-25-2010 11:16 AM

So....do tell, how was it and which barrel was best?

sjnovakovich 08-25-2010 11:33 AM

Like the song says, "Karma's a *itch." I have found that Karma can also be an angel.

mmblz 08-25-2010 11:56 AM

cool story...
i only tasted one of the bottles... on saturday morning on my way out...
it was good :)

OLS 08-25-2010 12:27 PM

Yeah, Jules, I was like "THREE bottles?" The one I tasted was the makers mark
looking bottle and it was EXquisite!. Bursting with aromas and flavors. I say bursting
because the liquid literally exploded in your mouth. Smooth as silk and fine as frog
hair. I am a whiskey man before anything else, and I count myself lucky to have had
a large sip. I think it lasted a good hour and a half. The tiniest drop exploded into a
mouthful of spectacular alcoholic splendor. I nursed that lil plastic cup for SO long.
Now you've gone and done it, you're BACK up on top for man of the year, Dave.

e-man67 08-25-2010 12:55 PM

I had several tastes of the bottle on the left....it was superb.

Whee 08-25-2010 01:26 PM

The bottle on the left was fantastic. The story makes it just that much sweeter.

Bill86 08-25-2010 01:39 PM

Good things happen to good people it's true but in the form of bourbon? Never knew about that! A gesture like that is something you could never forget.

OLS 09-02-2010 04:33 PM

If I knew I could always get that taste and that expression, I would ONLY buy this
kind of drink, were it available. sadly i think that I could buy 25 year old whiskey
and it wouldn't even be close! I can't properly describe how complex and unique it was.

Montano 09-02-2010 05:21 PM

Karma, Brother, good karma :D

I love bourbon !!

icehog3 09-02-2010 10:10 PM

I am not a big bourbon guy, but this stuff was the shiznit.

CEC_Tech 09-04-2010 12:28 PM

The "proof" that Nice Guys DON'T Finish Last.

ODLS1 09-04-2010 04:21 PM

That's awesome, and I'm very jealous. I would love to know more details, but completely understand him and you not wanting to share. It would make me more jealous I'm sure. I love bourbon and good people.

OLS 10-01-2010 09:51 AM

I was wondering, is there anything out there that comes anywhere CLOSE to that stuff? I know
it would have to have decades in a barrel to even come close, but I have been hell bent to
find something like that in a store so I can have a shot now and again. But there is no way
I am going to wander the woods like Hansel and Gretel tasting one old whiskey after another.
It literally exploded with flavor on the palate, like a liquid pop-rock under concentrate.
It was chewable. And I want to do it again. But what do I buy, at any price, to get there? hmmm.