Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   It's happend (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7839)

LordOfWu 01-12-2009 02:10 PM

Re: It's happening

The old adage says "home is where you hang your hat"...well, my hat and my straight jacket are very happy in CA, thanks 11!

King James 01-12-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 164593)
Have at. You'll never find 'em here.

stern....stern but fair.

:r

blugill 01-12-2009 02:37 PM

I wasn't a long time member of CS but I was comfy there. I'm glad I made the switch here though. I'm coming up on my first anniversary of being introduced to the world of cigars and the wonderful commraderie that goes along with them.

CA is a great place to be!
RIP Club Stogie

AD720 01-12-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Klugs (Post 164431)
There is a real concern regarding the rules they have posted.

Excerpt: (First Paragraph)
"Puff Forum Agreement - Although the administrators and moderators of PUFF.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Puff.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. Puff.com owns all content that is posted.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in violation of any U.S. laws or the laws of your country of origin. You also agree to follow the PUFF.com Code of Conduct listed below. A complete offense structure is also listed with each item."

Cross posting is probably going to be an issue between here and there as MrC has taken the position that he owns your words, pictures etc. Not sure how we are going to handle this but for the time being you cross posting Commiteed Pufferfish should post it here first ... to put it in the public domain then "elsewhere" if you desire to do so.

Do it the other way around and we may have to remove MRC's "property" from our site.

Dave -

Is this true?

http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/genera...ater-guys.html

poker 01-12-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD720 (Post 164652)

Whats it say? I refuse to log in.

DrDubzz 01-12-2009 02:53 PM

I said I don't want my posts to be Jon's Property

He (Jon Ca-spanish for b1tch) said that the same language was in the CS agreement)

AD720 01-12-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poker (Post 164681)
Whats it say? I refuse to log in.

...the gist of it is someone said they were not going to be a member of Puff.com due to the policy of owning the content, etc. MrC responded by saying that "it is the same language" as the CS sign up agreement.

I was wondering if that was acurate, since it seems like people that were on CS are suprised/upset about it.

AD720 01-12-2009 03:00 PM

For what its worth I am not trying to call anyone here out. It very well might have been the policy (who reads those agreements anyway...you just scroll to the bottom and click whatever). I don't think that it even would have been an issue with the previous site.

Now...I don't know.

Da Klugs 01-12-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD720 (Post 164687)
I am a little worried since MrC owns our thoughts...the gist of it is someone said they were not going to be a member of Puff.com due to the policy of owning the content, etc. MrC responded by saying that "it is the same language" as the CS sign up agreement.

I was wondering if that was acurate, since it seems like people that were on CS are suprised/upset about it.

Dunno it was a long time ago for me. Dont remember it but wasn't looking for it. Might have been one of those "anticipitory changes" in the brotherly to cashout process mode. The point of comparision I put forth was here vs there not CS vs Puff. We have a concern about being harrassed over "owned content" from cross posting Committeed Pufferfish per my previous post. Feel free to post the thoughts you post here, on the bathrrom wall at your favorite bus station, on your Myspace page, on the Paris Hilton fan blog.... etc. The cities are looking for revenue now though so you might want to post those here first as well. :D

Read their revised rules regarding ads as well. Seems none are welcome unless they are paid for. No more "specials" posted in the retailer forum based upon enforcement of the rule. It's all about the money is my takeaway.

AD720 01-12-2009 03:04 PM

I understand your concerns. I was just wondering, thanks.

FYI -

My user title was swtiched to "Alpha" and then what the mascot is over there. I switched it back to "Alpha Silverback" and it shows as
"Alpha **********".

Nice huh? :mad:

For now I am an "Alpha Silver_Back".

Da Klugs 01-12-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD720 (Post 164702)

FYI -

My user title was swtiched to "Alpha" and then what the mascot is over there. I switched it back to "Alpha Silveback" and it shows as
"Alpha **********".

Thinking about changing mine to:

Former Content Provider :D

AD720 01-12-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Klugs (Post 164707)

Or just -

"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"

:rolleyes:

icehog3 01-12-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Klugs (Post 164698)
Read their revised rules regarding ads as well. Seems none are welcome unless they are paid for. No more "specials" posted in the retailer forum based upon enforcement of the rule. It's all about the money is my takeaway.

Was there ever a doubt? Jon wasn't a member of ANY forum before the shopping spree....he didn't buy all those sites to foster the Brotherhood of the Leaf....he bought 'em to make money. That's not a slam on him, that is just one of the reasons I didn't want to be a part of the change.

This is home, and I couldn't be happier. :)

ahc4353 01-12-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD720 (Post 164702)

FYI -

My user title was swtiched to "Alpha" and then what the mascot is over there. I switched it back to "Alpha Silverback" and it shows as
"Alpha **********".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Klugs (Post 164707)

My bodyguard better step in before I do something I have been wanting to do all day!

TripleF 01-12-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 164731)
Was there ever a doubt? Jon wasn't a member of ANY forum before the shopping spree....he didn't buy all those sites to foster the Brotherhood of the Leaf....he bought 'em to make money. That's not a slam on him, that is just one of the reasons I didn't want to be a part of the change.

This is home, and I couldn't be happier. :)

And in 5 or so years, he'll attempt to sell it offf and retire to The Keys. Not that there's anything wrong with retiring to The Keys after selling your web site for blah, blah, but the GIG here is the relationships.

We can't be bought and we'll stick together like a band of rebels if you try and treat us otherwise.

-

mojo65 01-12-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX2010 (Post 164684)

He (Jon Ca-spanish for b1tch) said that the same language was in the CS agreement)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahc4353 (Post 164748)
My bodyguard better step in before I do something I have been wanting to do all day!

Go ahead I dare you!:fu

lenguamor 01-12-2009 03:45 PM

Dave's "poison" post is epic. :ss

DBall 01-12-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahc4353 (Post 164748)

When was the last time Al held back...? :confused:

Blueface 01-12-2009 03:58 PM

Anybody think of reaching out to Louie's family and letting them know we are here for them?

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...ing-080805.jpg

It is amazing to see it in retrospect.
So many got up in arms when the change was first announced.
So many said that was premature to act that way.
So many left.
So many swore they would stay, then left.
So many leaving now.

I guess one thing was for sure and that is things would eventually never be the same.
What once was is now gone.

Glad the team of 11 had the foresight to agree that was not the direction they wanted to go and did what they did.
A graceful adios without fanfare will probably be best, with an occasional, "here I am" once in a blue moon.

VirtualSmitty 01-12-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX2010 (Post 164684)

Yep. Long story short, when I asked to have my account deleted pds told me all my posts belonged to CS as per the user agreement (who reads those lol) and the best he could do was change my username.