Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good morning Post and sports update (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7301)

Stogieman 04-14-2010 03:48 AM

Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. It was a great yesterday with the Yanks winning thier season opener 7 - 5. Pettitte was spot on and hopefully they can do the same today as the two team will be back at it again at 1305(1:05pm). I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and takes the time to enjoy a favorite or two or...... :tu

Stogieman 04-15-2010 03:37 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, yesterday's Yankees game ended up a loss as the Angels won 5 - 3. Today is the rubber game of the series and hopefully they take it as they have in the first two against Boston and Tampa Bay. Tonight's game has the first pitch being thrown at 1905(7:05pm) by Phil Hughes and hopefully the Bombers back him with the bats again. Today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies watchin' the game. If you have the time and your close by, stop in and join the fun. Either way, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys...... -(P

Stogieman 04-17-2010 09:54 AM

Good day all and yes, the coffee is still on. The Yankees won last night despite a rained shortened game 5 - 1 over the Texas Rangers. The two teams will be back at it at 1305(1:05pm) today with A.J. Burnett on the mound for the Bombers. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys...... :tu

Stogieman 04-18-2010 06:40 AM

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is kickin'. It was good to see the Yankees win another one with A.J. throwing a great game with a final score of 7 - 3. Jeter was 3 for 4 and A-Rod finally got his first homer of the year. After that, I switched it to the Mets vs. Cardinals game which was the FOX game of the week. It was a scoreless game for the first 18 innings and the Mets finally won it 2 - 1 in 20 innings and the game lasted almost 7 hours. Today the Yankees and the Rangers will have one more meeting which will start again at 1305(1:05pm) and today's starter for the Bombers is the veteran Andy Pettitte. Also today we have the NASCAR race from Texas Motor Speedway which is scheduled to start at 1500(3pm) on FOX. Yesterday's Nation Wide Series race got rain delayed yesterday until 2100(9pm) this evening and it looks as if it is still raining there. I'd hate to see both races get rescheduled until tomorrow, but if that's what it will take to race em', so be it. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or....... :D

Stogieman 04-19-2010 03:57 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. I don't want to sound like a broken record but the Yankees won again yesterday 5 - 2 and swept this weekend's series against the Rangers. Also as I predicted, the NASCAR race from Fort Worth, Texas was postponed until today noon on FOX due to rain. I wish everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it....... :tu

Stogieman 04-20-2010 04:00 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, they finally got to race at Texas Motor Speedway yesterday and Joe Gibbs Racing won both races yesterday with Denny Hamlin winning the Sprint Cup Series race and then Kyle Busch coming in 1st in the Nationwide race. This evening the Yankees are in Oakland and will start at 2205(10:05pm) EST. Let's see if they continue to roll as they have take another series on the road. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys...... :)

Stogieman 04-21-2010 03:58 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while now. Well, the Yankkees won another one last night with a score of 7 - 3 against the A's and the two teams will be back at there in Oakland at the same time, 2205(10:05pm). Today, Beth, my nephew Gary and I will be going to Queens, NY to catch the Mets vs. Cubs game this evening. I've always wanted to see a Cubs game so here's my chance. I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys it as well....... :ss

Stogieman 04-22-2010 04:08 AM

Good morning all and yes, the joe has been on for a good hour now. Well, the Mets lost but we still had a good time. We had very good seats on the 1st balcony (section 326) between home and 3rd base. On the other hand, the Yankees won again and the Bombers are definitely on a roll. The Yanks and the A's have one more game today before moving on to take on the Angels again. The 1st pitch today will be at 1535(3:35pm) and C.C. Sabathia will be the starter. Since today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies and catching the end of the game. I hope everyone has a good one and gets to enjoy a couple as well....... :banger

Stogieman 04-23-2010 04:01 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on and T.G.I.F. Well, the Yankees lost yesterday to the As 4 - 2, but they are still on a roll winning every series so far. Tonight they are taking on the Angels in Anaheim at 2205(10:05pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound for the Bombers. Also this weekend, the NASCAR racers are in Talladega, AL which is the largest oval on the racing circuit. http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/tal/ Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys a few of thier favorites while relaxing as well........ :D

Oh yeah, we are one week from CigarFest 2010!!!!

Stogieman 04-24-2010 05:50 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is kickin' in. Well, the Yankees lost last night to the Angels 6 - 4 and hopefully they come back today with a "W" as Andy Pettitte is on the mound for the Bombers with a start time of 1610(4:10pm). There is more NHL playoff games on today as well as NASCAR and a few other sports to enjoy watching. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys...... :tu

Stogieman 04-25-2010 06:40 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees won another one with Pettitte pitching a great game. The two teams will play the rubber game of the series with the 1st pitch thrown at 1535(3:35pm). Also today, we have the NASCAR race on 1300(1pm) and since they had severe weather down in Talladega yesterday, the Nation Wide race will go off at 1700(5pm) as well. Additionally, we have NHL and NBA playyoff games, PGA tour and a few other sporting events to keep you busy on this rainy Sunday. I hope everyone has a good one and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or...... :D

Stogieman 04-26-2010 03:55 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been brewin' for a little bit. Well, the Yankees lost their 1st series of the season with a 2nd loss yesterday to the Angels. The Bombers can regroup today on their day off and head to Baltimore tomorrow evening and get that win again. I watched both NASCAR races yesterday from Talladega (Sprint Cup & Nation Wide Series) and I'll tell you that there definitely was some rubbin' and bangin' at nearly 200 mph. Click on the link and check it out for yourself:

http://www.nascar.com/

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites through out it. I'll be startin' to pick out my cigars that I'll pack for this weekend's CigarFest up in the Poconos. 4 days and counting...... :D

Stogieman 04-28-2010 03:57 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while now. I see that the Yankkees lost to the Orioles last night 5 - 4, let's see if they can turn that around this evening and get a win for Sabathia. Today being Wednesday and 2 days before headin' out to CigarFest, it's definitely time to pick out the cigars for the trip and all. I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys it as well...... :)

Stogieman 04-30-2010 04:02 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. We had a good time last night at Schlesingers smoking primo stogies and watching the Yankees win 4 - 0. It was another great outing by A.J. Burnett and the Bombers are keeping stride with Tampa Bay. Well, today is the day we all head up to the Poconos (Split Rock Resort) http://www.splitrockresort.com/index.php to herf for the weekend and enjoy CigarFest 10'. Rick (rrick57) will be picking me up around 0900(9am) and we'll head over to the Airport Diner to meet the others to caravan to Lake Harmony. Most likely this will be my last post until I get back on Sunday. I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys it as well....... :banger

Stogieman 05-03-2010 04:09 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430. Well, the weekend was incredible from start to finish up at Split Rock (CigarFest 10'). Here is the link that tells about it and where I'll post the pictures asap:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...0&#entry966474

I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of their favorites through out it....... :)

Stogieman 05-04-2010 03:58 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, things are getting back to normal now after the CigarFest 10' weekend. The Yankees won again last night with a final score of 4 - 1 giving C.C. Sabathia his 4th win of the season. Tonight, A.J. Burnett will be back on the mound for the Bombers, lets hope they keep the bats going. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys...... :banger

Stogieman 05-05-2010 03:56 AM

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee has been on for a good hour. It was good to see the Yankees win another one last night and take the series already with another game today. Start time for this afternoon game is 1305(1:05pm) and the Bombers have Andy Pettitte startin' on the mound. I hope all of you have a happy "Hump Day" and hopefully you get to smoke a favorite cigar or two or........ :tu

Stogieman 05-06-2010 03:54 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. It was another good game yesterday as the Yankees swept the series and won 7 - 5. They are off today and will be in Boston tomorrow evening with the first pitch thrown at 1910(7:10pm). I hope everyone has a great day and takes the time to enjoy a favorite ceegar if the time permits...... :tu

tomc3084 05-06-2010 04:25 AM

good morning

Stogieman 05-07-2010 03:54 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesinger's Ciagr Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars enjoying primo stogies and exchanging stories from last week's CigarFest at Split Rock. The Yankees were off last night and will be in Boston this evening starting a 3 game weekend series. Also this weekend, the NASCAR racers are in Darlington, SC with a race this evening as well as tomorrow night. I hope everyone has a super weekend and enjoys a few of your favorites through out it....... :D

Stogieman 05-08-2010 06:00 AM

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is finally on. It was good to see the Yankees win last night in Boston 10 - 3 as well as the Mets winning in the bottom of the 9th 6 - 4. Today, Beth and I along with my niece Amy and nephew Gary are headin' down to the Mets game which starts at 1310(1:10pm). I'll bring a couple of stogies for Gary and I to enjoy and hopefully the Mets win for Beth's sake. Also today, the NASCAR racers will be hittin' the track at Darlington this evening which starts at 1930(7:30pm). It looks to be a full day of fun, I hope everyone else enjoys it as well...... -(P

tomc3084 05-08-2010 08:10 AM

Good morning to everyone...hope y'all have a great weekend...

Stogieman 05-09-2010 08:04 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. We had a great day yesterday at Citi Field enjoying the nice weather and watching the Mets win. It was also great to see the Yankees won again in Boston 14 - 3. The Bombers and the Red Sox have the Sunday night game at 2010(8:10pm) and hopefully they can sweep the BoSox once again. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys...... :tu

Pauly Walnuts 05-09-2010 11:04 AM

Goodmornin! Hope you all have a great mothers day.

Stogieman 05-10-2010 03:41 AM

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin' as always. I see this morning that the Yankees lost to the BoSox last night 9 - 3 so there was no sweep. With Tampa Bay also losing, we're still a half of a game behind 1st place. The Bombers will be back at tonight in Detroit with the first pitch thrown at 1905(7:05pm). Hopefully they will bounce back with a "W" and take the series as well. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a couple of your best through out it...... :ss

Stogieman 05-11-2010 03:41 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees fell short by a run as they lost to the Tigers 5 - 4. They had the bases loaded in the 8th with no outs and couldn't tie it up at that point. They'll try it again this evening and hopefully the tides turn in the Bombers favor. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys...... :chr

Stogieman 05-12-2010 04:00 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a good hour now. Well, the Yankees / Tigers game got rained out last night in Detroit, so they are going to play a double header today with the 1st game starting at 1305(1:05pm) "hopefully". Either way, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or...... :banger

Stogieman 05-13-2010 04:00 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while again. Yesterday, the Yankees lost the first one to the Tigers 2 - 0 and then came back in the double header and won last night 8 - 0. Today, the two teams will be back at it starting around 1305(1:05pm) with C.C. Sabathia starting on the mound for the Bombers. Today being Thursday, we'll most likely be heading over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening to enjoy a cigar or two and catch up on the weeks news. I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys it as well...... :tu

Stogieman 05-14-2010 03:59 AM

Good morning all, the coffee is on as usual and T.G.I.F. Well, the Yankees got rocked again yesterday 6 - 0 and hopefully they get back on a winning track soon. The Twins are in town tonight and the Bombers have A.J. Burnett throwing the first pitch at 1905(7:05pm). Also this weekend, the NASCAR racers will be in Dover, DE startin' this evening with the truck race and finishing up Sunday with the Sprint Cup Series starting at 1300(1pm). Anyway, I hope everyone has a super weekend and gets to enjoy a couple of your favorites through out it...... :D

Stogieman 05-15-2010 06:49 AM

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on. Well, last night's Yankees game was a blast. The Twins intentionally walked Mark Teixeira to load the bases in the 7th and A-Rod hit a grad slam to go ahead 8 - 4 and that was the final score:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Today the two teams will be back at it starting at1305(1:05pm) with Andy Pettitte throwing the first pitch for the Bombers. I saw on Facebook that Israel (uptown_isy) is throwing an impromptu party today at the Uptown Cigar Company in Kingston, NY. Beth and I and hopefully our niece Josie will be heading over to West Point to watch the Army Baseball team (top seed in the Patriot League championship) take on Bucknell (no. 2) this afternoon. I hope everyone that heads up to Isy's place has a great time and that goes for everyone else that is not in the greater Hudson Valley here in New York. Enjoy this great May day...... :D

Stogieman 05-16-2010 08:29 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is about done. We had my God Daughter Josie stay over last night and had special waffles for breakfast. Well yesterday, Army and Bucknell split the 2 games they played so they will play one more game today at 1300(1pm). The Yankees beat up on the Twins again and Kyle Busch won the Nation Wide Series race at Dover, DE. The Yankees and Twins will play one more game today startin' at 1305(1:05pm) and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will be on FOX startin' at 1300(1pm) as well. I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoys...... -(P

Stogieman 05-17-2010 03:56 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430(4:30am) as always. Well, the Yankees lost to the Twins yesterday 6 - 3 and will take on the Red Sox tonight here in the Bronx at 1905(7:05pm). Congrats to Kyle Busch and the entire Joe Gibbs team for winning yesterday's NASCAR race in Diver, DE. Also yesterday, Army baseball lost to Bucknell knocking them out of the tournament championship, but the Army lacrosse team went up and stunned Syracuse moving them into the qauarter finals. This week will be a busy one preparing for this Saturday's graduation here at West Point. With the President as the guest speaker, this place will be hotter than the equator. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys it to the max...... :tu

Stogieman 05-18-2010 04:00 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on now for a while. It was a heck of a come back last night for the Yankees in the bottom of the 9th inning giving them a win over the BoSox 11 - 9:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...osmlb_nyamlb_1

The two teams will be back at it this evening at the same time with C.C. Sabathia taking on Josh Beckette. It should be another great pitching duel and hopefully the bats for the Bombers stay hot. Have a great everyone and enjoy...... :ss

tomc3084 05-18-2010 04:08 AM

Goodmonin'!

Stogieman 05-19-2010 03:46 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is kickin'. Well, the Bombers lost to the BoSox last night 7 - 6 after a couple of errors and a blown save by Mariano. The two teams will be back at one more time this evening starting at 1905(7:05pm) with A.J. Burnett throwing the first pitch of the night. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite or two or........ :)

Stogieman 05-20-2010 03:42 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees got rocked last night and lost 10 - 6 to the Rays. They will try it again this evening and thime we have Andy Pettitte throwing the 1st pitch at 1905(7:05pm). Today being Thursday, I know that we'll be going out for a cigar or two this evening. The location still has not been locked down, more to follow on that. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day and get to smoke a favorite cigar sometime during it...... :banger

Stogieman 05-21-2010 03:54 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees battled the Rays through out the entire game and came up short losing 8 - 6. We were at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars enjoying primo stogies last night watching the game and I had a feeling that Pettitte just wasn't on his "A" game. Tonight they'll be in Citi Field (Flushing, NY) taking on the Mets at 1910(7:10pm). Let's hope that they break out of this 3 game losing streak and win a few this weekend. Well, tomorrow is the big day here at West Point with Graduation and the President as the guest speaker. We have to have the Emergency Operation Center up and running by 0500(5am) which means a very early start tomorrow. http://www.usma.edu/Garrison/sites/d...ptms_plans.asp Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys...... :chr

Stogieman 05-23-2010 06:27 AM

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on. Yesterday's Graduation at West Point went off as planned, there were no problems or hiccups as they say. Then later on, the Yankees lost to the Mets and Curt Busch won the NASCAR All-Star race in Charlotte, NC. Today, the Yankees and the Mets will play the rubber game of the series at 2005(8:05pm) with C.C. Sabathia taking on Johan Santana. I hope everyone has a great day and gets to relax a bit and enjoy a favorite cigar as well...... :)

Stogieman 05-24-2010 03:46 AM

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and I'm still not in favor of Monday mornings. Well, the Yankees droped a 2nd game in a row to the Mets losing 6 - 4. They are off today and hopefully after a day of rest, they can come back and win one against the Twins on Tuesday. I hope you all have a great week and enjoy a favorite or two through out it...... :tu

Stogieman 05-25-2010 04:02 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. This evening, Bill (Bravo Lima), Scotty, my boss Joe Colombo and myself are headin' down to Flushing, NY to catch the Mets taking on the Phillies in Citi Field. I should be a good game and the weather looks to be great for it. Also, the Yankees are taking on the Twins in downtown Minneapolis this evening with A.J. Burnett on the mound for the Bombers. Hopefully the Yankees can bounce back from their drought and win a few in a row . Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well...... :banger

Stogieman 05-26-2010 03:44 AM

Good morning all and yes, thank godness for coffee. It was a great night at Citi Field watchin' the Mets beat up on the Phillies 8 - 0. The weather was perfect and our seats were 5 rows from the field on the left field side. The Yankees game was stopped in the 6th due to rain and they have a 0 - 0 game going there. They will re-start that game this afternoon at 1705(5:05pm) and then start the regulary scheduled game 30 minutes after that or 1910(7:10pm) which ever comes later. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys........ :)

Stogieman 05-27-2010 04:04 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for an hour now. Well, it was good to see that the Yankees took two in a row from the Twins, let's hope that they can keep this up. These two teams meet up for one more game this evening at 2010(8:10pm), I'd be very happy to see the Bombers sweep the Twins before coming home for a 4 game series with the Indians startin' tomorrow evening. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and is getting ready for the Memeorial Day weekend...... http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4...erusaflag1.gif

Stogieman 05-28-2010 04:12 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well the Yankees didn't fair so well last night as the lost to the Twins, 8 - 2. On the other hand, the Mets swept the Phillies and this time all three games were shoot outs, amazing. There are a lot of sports this weekend, i.e., NHL Stanley Cup finals, NBA playoff finals, MLB, NASCAR and more. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend and be safe in what ever you do........ :D

T.G.I.F.

Stogieman 05-29-2010 09:34 AM

Good day everyone and I hope that you all have a relaxing and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. It's good to see that the Yankees take the game from the Indians last night and have 3 more games against them. NASCAR is in Charlotte today as well as tomorrow with the Coca Cola 600. I ask that you keep our fallen soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines in your thoughts and try to partake in a local Memorial Day ceremony if at all possible...... :salute:

Stogieman 05-30-2010 06:08 AM

Morning all and yes, the coffee is on. I wanted to pass this on to all, I found out this morning that our dear friend Steve from CAO (we know him as toje) passed away last night losing a tough battle with cancer. He will be missed very much but definitely not forgotten. I'll remeber all the good times we had together and I'll keep his entire family in my prayers. I didn't want to put a damper on your weekend, simply to let you know we lost a super BOTL and great friend......

Stogieman 05-31-2010 06:05 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees were triumphant over the Indians again yesterday with a score of 7 - 3. The 2 teams play one more time today at 1305(1:05pm) with Andy Pettitte throwing the 1st pitch for the Bombers. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day and takes the time to thank a soldier, sailor, airmen or marine for keeping America free....... http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4...erusaflag1.gif

Stogieman 06-01-2010 03:36 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Bombers beat up on the Indians yesterday 11 - 2 with A-Rod hitting his 20th Grand Slam of his career. The Yankees will take on the Orioles this evening as they come into town and the 1st pitch will go off at 1905(7:05pm). I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys...... :)

Stogieman 06-02-2010 04:00 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while. It was good to see the Yankees win the 1st of three games from the Orioles last night 3 - 1. They'll be back at it tonight startin' at 1905(7:05pm) again with Phil Hughes throwing the first pitch for the Bombers this time. Well today will be a solem day as we lay our dear friend Steve (toje) to eternal rest. I am heading over to the funeral this morning to pay my respects to the family and to say good by for now to my friend. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys......

Stogieman 06-03-2010 04:05 AM

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is still on as always. Well, the Yankees blew out the Orioles last night 9 - 1 and will take them on again today at 1305(1:06pm) with C.C. Sabathia startin' on the mound for the Bombers. Since today is Thursday, I'll be headin' over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars for a primo stick or two. I hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy a favorite or two as well....... :ss

Stogieman 06-04-2010 03:53 AM

Good morning everyone, the Killer Beans coffee is on and T.G.I.F. It was good to see that the Yankees swept the Orioles with a final score of 6 - 3 yesterday afternoon. This evening the Bombers will be taking on the Blue Jays in Toronto at 1907(7:07pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound for New York. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesingers / Hudson Valley Cigars. It was good to see Isy and his friend Kegan as well as all the local S/BOTL. Anyway, I hope all of you have a relaxing weekend filled with primo sticks and good times...... :)