Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rant: Cigar Bums (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41652)

Stephen 02-23-2011 01:23 PM

Re: Rant: Cigar Bums

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioF (Post 1182596)
Peter it's days like this that we really appreciate the amount of work it takes to keep this site the way it is. Thank you!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1182610)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly (Post 1182619)
I believe this is a good time to post how happy I am that CA was created and convey my appreciation for all the mods and the work they do here.

MCS

P.S. I'd like to bite Tom's bicep in a loving way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pektel (Post 1182621)
Word. This has become the place I visit most online. Many thanks to the ToE for making CA what it is. :banger:banger

Agree on all accounts. Except with biting Tom's bicep; that's just creepy...:sw

OHRD 02-23-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1182616)
Why, you plan on sending a hand-written letter to each and every individual on the rolodex asking them for cigars? You bum you...;)

Come on Stephen, I don't have time for handwritten notes. It'll be generically typed and mass addressed. You got any stamps?

Stephen 02-23-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHRD (Post 1182638)
Come on Stephen, I don't have time for handwritten notes. It'll be generically typed and mass addressed. You got any stamps?

Well I do, but they're not self-adhevise. ;s

J0eybb 02-23-2011 01:49 PM

We used to get together at a buddies house to discuss guns and smoke some hooka, and one of the guys once said "When my friends come over they bring me expensive cigars". This was before I smoked cigars. I thought to myself what an asshole.

At the same place I had a guy bring a bag of cigars from one of the local B&Ms and offer them all up to anyone that wanted one. I chose one at random, as it was probably my first cigar that wasn't purple flavored. I offered to pay for it, but he told me not to worry about it.

Now, I bring my 15 count with me when we BBQ, the lake, or an outdoor event. I load it up with some shrapnels, or vanilla flavored cigars, a few Nica Libres or equivalent, a few of whatever I am smoking to share with those in the know. I let them pick. What they do with it is up to them.

I generally smoke cheap sticks anyway, as I am a frugal bastid.

OHRD 02-23-2011 01:53 PM

Staying on topic.

I've got a group of buddies in town and we try to smoke weekly. One of the guys is a serious smoker, the others aren't really. Whenever we get together I always plan to give out 2-3 cigars. Even though they don't rant and rave about the flavor and construction, I still like to give them nice cigars than cheapies.

I've had 2 buddies (not apart of this group) recently become regular smokers and it was because they were given the good stuff by friends early on.

Kreth 02-23-2011 02:06 PM

I'm good on cigars right now, but I could use a PS3. And a couple of games. Good ones, no crap. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

OHRD 02-23-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreth (Post 1182679)
I'm good on cigars right now, but I could use a PS3. And a couple of games. Good ones, no crap. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm thinking of selling my XBOX360 games b/c my system got the red ring of death. Is this the correct thread to discuss that?

CigarNut 02-23-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreth (Post 1182679)
Posted via Mobile Device

No PS3, but I have a broken NES system; will that do? Some good games there -- like Pilot Wings, Mario Kart and others that may or may not have water damage :)

OHRD 02-23-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1182709)
No PS3, but I have a broken NES system; will that do? Some good games there -- like Pilot Wings, Mario Kart and others that may or may not have water damage :)

Throw in Excitebike and this thread can be closed as far as I'm concerned.

Mugen910 02-23-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHRD (Post 1182713)
Throw in Excitebike and this thread can be closed as far as I'm concerned.

that's crazy talk...tecmo bowl...

jsnake 02-23-2011 02:38 PM

I don't mind sharing. Part of the fun of cigars. I usually pack some good stuff and cheap stuff to have a variety. If a guy is inexperienced I will pick one for him. If it is family or someone who really appreciates what I have they get to pick. Nothing hurts more then seeing some guy take 2 or 3 puffs on a $10 cigar and snub it out like a cheap cigarette.

If anyone needs any I have some used underwear I wouldn't mind sending to someone here.

icehog3 02-23-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly (Post 1182619)
I believe this is a good time to post how happy I am that CA was created and convey my appreciation for all the mods and the work they do here.

MCS

P.S. I'd like to bite Tom's bicep in a loving way.

I must be the luckiest boy in the world! :D

OHRD 02-23-2011 02:42 PM

If we're giving stuff away, I've been trying to GIVE THIS AWAY forever on CA - http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38441

SDmate 02-23-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsnake (Post 1182721)

If anyone needs any I have some used underwear I wouldn't mind sending to someone here.

Is the elastic still good.. if so I may be interested

JaKaacH 02-23-2011 02:45 PM

Vegamite makes a good tire gel...:noon

OHRD 02-23-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDmate (Post 1182726)
Is the elastic still good.. if so I may be interested

Good thinking - headbands. I'm in.

jsnake 02-23-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHRD (Post 1182737)
Good thinking - headbands. I'm in.

Good elastic so I got you guys covered.

SDmate 02-23-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsnake (Post 1182922)
Good elastic so I got you guys covered.

:wo

justonemorestick 02-23-2011 06:26 PM

Pre skidmarked?

thecatch83 02-23-2011 07:16 PM

I guess my personal view is that I don't mind sharing a good cigar with a newbie.....to me, that is the appeal of cigar smoking (it's social interaction). You could also let someone take a few puffs and then decide if you want to give them one of their own. Puff puff give is how I roll. And yes as eluded to earlier, if you want your friends to jump off a large building in disgust, offer them anything made in the Acid line............just sayin