PDA

View Full Version : Can't catch a break!

nozero
02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
A/C and heat pump problems that FINALLY got fixed last week, found my roof missing shingles last Friday night on my way up our alley, my car started acting up Saturday and is in the shop today, and last night we found we have a problem with our side by side refrigerator/freezer!

The A/C and heat pump cost us $1300 because I thought it was out of warranty and had another vendor work on it. Then when the compressor died, I dug out my receipts and found we had 9 months left on the 10 year parts and labor warranty, so that was covered.

The shingles will either cost us our $500 deductible or the repair fee if under $500.

My WRX is still under the 3/36 and the extended warranty. It started acting up on my way home from a pool match Saturday. I thought it was the fuel filter, but later found out the fuel filter on the 2006 is in the gas tank and is not serviceable! Seems odd that a fuel filter, no matter where it's located would last the lifetime of a vehicle!?! So, assuming whatever is wrong is covered by warranty, I won't have to pay the $96 diagnostic fee.

I'm sitting on the patio smoking a Don Kiki brown label Toro, waiting for the appliance repair guy to call me back before he shows up sometime between 11:00 and 13:00.

What's next?!?

:hm I must have some bad karma to work off!

nozero
02-09-2009, 10:50 AM
$594 for the refrigerator/freezer motherboard and thermostat. Fortunately, they part is in stock and they can get to it today. I've got to pull everything out of the refrigerator and freezer. Unfortunately, my car is in the shop and my cooler is at a friends house, so my wife is taking off work to pick up some Styrofoam coolers and ice to drop off.

karmaz00
02-09-2009, 12:44 PM
hopefully things turn around for you

smitdavi
02-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I live by the adage that bad things come in 3's. So by my count your due for something good to happen :tu

rizzle
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
A/C and heat pump problems that FINALLY got fixed last week, found my roof missing shingles last Friday night on my way up our alley, my car started acting up Saturday and is in the shop today, and last night we found we have a problem with our side by side refrigerator/freezer!

The A/C and heat pump cost us $1300 because I thought it was out of warranty and had another vendor work on it. Then when the compressor died, I dug out my receipts and found we had 9 months left on the 10 year parts and labor warranty, so that was covered.

The shingles will either cost us our $500 deductible or the repair fee if under $500.

My WRX is still under the 3/36 and the extended warranty. It started acting up on my way home from a pool match Saturday. I thought it was the fuel filter, but later found out the fuel filter on the 2006 is in the gas tank and is not serviceable! Seems odd that a fuel filter, no matter where it's located would last the lifetime of a vehicle!?! So, assuming whatever is wrong is covered by warranty, I won't have to pay the $96 diagnostic fee.

I'm sitting on the patio smoking a Don Kiki brown label Toro, waiting for the appliance repair guy to call me back before he shows up sometime between 11:00 and 13:00.

What's next?!?

:hm I must have some bad karma to work off!
Maybe the wrapper explodes??
:r

Sorry bro, couldn't resist.;) Get it all out of the way now and you'll have smooth sailing the rest of the year.

hotreds
02-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Hang with 'em- good luck to ya. Things are bound to change for the better! Just think if you didn't have a good ceegar to calm your nerves!

Sailchaser
02-09-2009, 02:52 PM
I had a week like that a few ago and I send you some of the karma I found

DMK
02-09-2009, 02:55 PM
The crap usually happens in three's... so you should be good.....
I on the other hand am waithing for my third to drop after the TV and stove quit this week.....

MedicCook
02-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I hope things turn around Michael.

nozero
02-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the kind words! I'm hangin in there... And things are turning around.

Turns out the refrigerator/freezer is covered by the 4 year extended warranty we purchased or the manufacturers warranty. So I was only out the $69 service call since that company was not authorized to do warranty work. The authorized rep just got here and is working on it now.

Got my car back too! And it was all covered under warranty as well. The mass air flow sensor was bad and was replaced.

The insurance guy showed up today as well and left me a check to get the roof replaced. We'll see how that goes...

nozero
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
The authorized rep found that the unauthorized guy left the compressor unplugged, which is why we lost most of the food we had stored in it and he also found a loose wire on the fan that cools the compressor, the circuit board and helps to dry any water that has dripped into the defrost pan. It's working now and we will just have to watch it for a while to see how it goes.

nozero
02-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Well the refrigerator/freezer repair only lasted until about 9PM last night. I called Lowes Extended warranty folks again right away and they sent another guy who showed up today just after noon. He replaced the same board the first guy said was bad and it seems to be working OK since. We'll know for sure after 24 hours. It was covered under either the manufacturers or the extended warranty, no cost to me. We also get to submit an itemized list to get reimbursed for our food loss.

Just the roof replacement to go. Hope it goes as well!

:)

SmokinDuck
02-11-2009, 03:08 PM
We also get to submit an itemized list to get reimbursed for our food loss.

:)

Well, I'd say that's quite a plus after all. You had it stocked full of steak and lobster right?

nozero
02-17-2009, 08:54 AM
All's well that ends well?

It looks as though our roof will be replaced as well as our patio cover and the entire job will only cost us our $500.00 deductable!
:dance:

nozero
02-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Well, I'd say that's quite a plus after all. You had it stocked full of steak and lobster right?

Well, the thought did cross my mind. But I just can't do that and my wife would stop me if I tried. Mostly a lot of lunch meats, fresh vegatables, several bottles of condiments, frozen meats, yeah a couple of steaks, but nothing fancy, frozen fish, some healthy choice and lean cuisine frozen lunches, etc. Wish we'd have had the opportunity to give it away, but it happened on a Sunday night and we could not get a hold of anybody in time.

Sr Mike
02-17-2009, 09:28 AM
You have better luck than I do.

I owned a Subaru in the past, they are a real B***ch to work on, but one of the most enjoyable cars I have owned. The flat four engines they have are not user friendly to fix and parts are way too expensive. One good thing, they can hold up to being T-boned on the freeway by a Caddy doing 80+ miles an hour, once wrecked though, it was never the same and ended up in the boneyard.

nozero
03-19-2009, 12:29 PM
A/C compressor was replaced under warranty. That lasted until about 14 days ago when the coil started leaking, spraying oil all over the condenser fins and losing all the freon. The part got here today and I'll be damned if the thing didn't have two leaks at weld spots! It has to go back and they have to manufacture another one! I hope they put a rush on it, it's been up into the 80's lately.

At least it's covered by warranty! The guy told me they are no longer manufacturing dichlorodifluoromethane! They have to rely on what's available and recycling.

nozero
03-21-2009, 07:33 PM
The replacement replacement condenser is supposed to be here Tuesday. I don't know if that means they'll start on it Tuesday or not, it may depend on the weather. The roof is supposed to be replaced Monday, again that's weather permitting...