PDA

View Full Version : Bartender!

Powers
02-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Many a fine drink has been consumed while enjoying a cigar. I was curious to hear some of yall's favorite mixed drinks for various cigars.

Funny stories about newbie bartender's that don't know the ingredients of basic drinks are always interesting also.....

dillio
02-08-2009, 09:32 PM
I like Grey Goose Extra Dirty Martinis with the vermouth poured in and poured right back out. This is very tough for newbie/old school bartenders to achieve.

Too much vermouth :pu

pnoon
02-08-2009, 09:34 PM
I like Grey Goose Extra Dirty Martinis with the vermouth poured in and poured right back out. This is very tough for newbie/old school bartenders to achieve.

Too much vermouth :pu

Gin guy here.
If it's made with vodka, it isn't a martini. Don't get me wrong. I love chilled vodka with a twist of lime in a martini glass. But it isn't a martini unless it's gin.

:2

galaga and I once had a herf to determine which cigar went best with a (gin) martini. The verdict? All of 'em. :al :al :al

Ace$nyper
02-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I often play bar tender at parties and try go cook up new things.

I've found many ways to mix things that just seem off to work right. I have found the most dangerous way to do many drinks with ever clear.

When it comes to cigars I never really added mixed drinks to them, normally something straight, I'll have to try it.

I love a good Manhattan.

MedicCook
02-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I can not drink Grey Goose at all. I have had it on 3 seperate occasions and I broke out in hives each time. If I had to choose a vodka I would go with Kettle One Citrone. My preferrance though is a nice bottle (no need for the glass) of red wine or Capt & Coke.

mosesbotbol
02-09-2009, 05:06 AM
Caipirinha or Mojitos are my first picks. I also like Mai Tai's with cigars.

Powers
02-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Dr. Pepper w/Jim Beam is delicious....or just Mr. Beam straight always hits the spot for me

Starchild
02-09-2009, 07:46 AM
My uncle turned me on to a Rusty Nail as a great cigar accompaniment. I typically have that or a rum and coke with a smoke.

AdamC
02-09-2009, 07:51 AM
I usually just got my glass of macallans oak aged 15yo
never tried it, but how about bailey's and coffee with a nice light cigar?

rizzle
02-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Mixed drinks--about the best for me is a mojito or a Cuba Libre. However I have found nothing that pairs better than a great rum...neat.

Take a gander at the rum thread and look no further.

Parshooter
02-09-2009, 01:00 PM
The closest thing I get to a "mixed" drink is an extra-dry martini (Vodka of course). Bourbon, rum, tequila, red wine and port are my favs.

Swampfox21
02-09-2009, 01:02 PM
i had a firefly sweet tea with water and lemon the other day with a ashton, was pretty good.

MiamiE
02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Ill take a Mojito!

ambientboy
02-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Gin guy here.
If it's made with vodka, it isn't a martini. Don't get me wrong. I love chilled vodka with a twist of lime in a martini glass. But it isn't a martini unless it's gin.

galaga and I once had a herf to determine which cigar went best with a (gin) martini. The verdict? All of 'em. :al :al :al

I'm with these boys. I'm a gin guy myself. I'm a sucker for Bombay Sapphire/Chartreuse Green/Ginger Ale with a full bodied CC. Careful though, the second ingredient will knock you on your ass if you use too much.

Otherwise, in the mixed drink category: Dark and Stormy - 3oz Dark or Aged Rum, 10oz Ginger Beer, splash of silver tequila on top, garnish w lime. Pour over ice in that order.

I like the Dark and Stormy with...oh, almost anything. :D

Smokin Gator
02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
.or just Mr. Beam straight always hits the spot for me

Works for me on a daily basis... In the summer though I usually go with dark rum with a large piece of lime.

Starchild
02-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Otherwise, in the mixed drink category: Dark and Stormy - 3oz Dark or Aged Rum, 10oz Ginger Beer, splash of silver tequila on top, garnish w lime. Pour over ice in that order.

I like the Dark and Stormy with...oh, almost anything. :D

When I can find good ginger beer, I love a dark & stormy! Preferably using Bundaberg Rum! Never heard of adding the tequila. I'll have to give that a try.

dunng
02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I usually go for Crown and Coke... we had some Zaya rum the other day too... :D

Powers
02-16-2009, 09:54 AM
i had a mojito for the first time (thanks rob) at the last CCHC herf and it was delicious....i'm gonna have to join the ranks of mojito fans, don't know if it'll top good rum or bourbon though

tunes
02-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Jack n' Ginger for me:ss

Darrell
02-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Mojito is what I most often drink with cigars in the summer. I have a fresh mint growing in the side of my yard. It almost sounds cliche, but you cannot beat a Mojito on a hot day with a good cigar. :2

DrDubzz
02-16-2009, 01:48 PM
good rum on the rocks

gin and tonic

good single malt, neat