PDA

View Full Version : Is Your Car A Cop Magnet?

Buena Fortuna
02-07-2009, 11:11 AM
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/850/is-your-car-a-cop-magnet

Queen James
02-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Whoo I didn't make the list BUT I got pulled over twice in one week...no tickets though :)

rizzle
02-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Nope. Been there and done that. Now I'm in the 3rd least ticketed.
:tu

chippewastud79
02-07-2009, 11:50 AM
I just can't believe that a soccer mom car is the number one cop magnet. Maybe they are in a hurry to get to the grocery store. :rolleyes:

mosesbotbol
02-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Funny, my car is the least; one of the reasons I bought it... :ss

Least Ticketed Cars
1. Jaguar XJ

The Jaguar XJ gives drivers a smooth ride and an opulent interior. As the least- ticketed car in America, it also seems to provide the ability to fly under radar guns. There's a feature they won't tell you about at the dealership.

tobii3
02-07-2009, 12:20 PM

Least Ticketed Cars
1. Jaguar XJ

Funny....

Top 10 most expensive cars to Drive.....

Jaguar XJ (http://www.insurancerate.com/101-most-expensive-cars-to-drive-jaguar-xj.html)

Given the XJ’s hefty price tag, it shouldn’t come as too much of surprise that the car costs a mint to insure

:r:r:r

I'll take my chances with the speeding tickets.....LMAO!!!!

Zoomschwortz
02-07-2009, 12:25 PM
There might be something to that list.

Last month I was a passenger in a Chevy Tahoe and the yellow traffic light turned red just before he entered the intersection and there was a State Patrol waiting for the green.

The State Patrol car got in his lane and closed at a high rate of speed and caught up to us as we stopped for the next light.

The officer sat behind us for a minute or so and then went around us and pulled into a store across the street.

My friend deserved a ticket and had been caught red handed, yet didn't even get pulled over. Guess a Tahoe full of bald guys just isn't worth the trouble:cool2:

SeanGAR
02-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Silly premise ... cops don't pull over cars to look at them, they pull over people who break the law. People who routinely break the law may be attracted to certain types of cars, but it isn't the car's fault it is pulled over.

tobii3
02-07-2009, 12:51 PM
very simple really - he would have ran the plates - a clean driving record speaks VOLUMES.....

Now, if your buddy had a history of speeding or minor traffic violations....another story completely

tobii3
02-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Silly premise ... cops don't pull over cars to look at them, they pull over people who break the law.

uh...I believe that they said that right here...

Seeing the tC on the most-ticketed list makes sense, given its popularity with young people

Like the Scion tC, the xB is aimed at younger drivers

Blueface
02-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Frankly,
I am so, so tired of being pulled over just because my car "looks fast".
That is just plain BS and I have had it.
Just took a photo of it as I am getting rid of it.

taltos
02-07-2009, 01:20 PM

Least Ticketed Cars
1. Jaguar XJ

The Jaguar XJ gives drivers a smooth ride and an opulent interior. As the least- ticketed car in America, it also seems to provide the ability to fly under radar guns. There's a feature they won't tell you about at the dealership.Love the XJ, my wife and I have a Type-X, your car's little brother.:ss

JE3146
02-07-2009, 01:58 PM
LOL... my car is #2... nice

I picked a dark red color though that doesn't stand out hardly at all.

Never had a problem with it... knock on wood.

Actually never been pulled over period... knock on wood. I tend to drive the speed limit a lot though.

King James
02-07-2009, 02:44 PM
#2..... damn

Jay Hemingway
02-07-2009, 02:54 PM
for having a bright blue WRX with a cannon exhaust that rumbles like an SS, i never tickets....

(knocking on wood!)

GoodFella
02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
i drive a truck in the south. i live in a small town. i have to realy be doing somthing dumb like 40 over in a school zone driving in the wrong lane.

kayaker
02-07-2009, 03:19 PM
My '98 Protege with the roof rack and 17' kayak on top?

Absolutely. :r

floydpink
02-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Frankly,
I am so, so tired of being pulled over just because my car "looks fast".
That is just plain BS and I have had it.
Just took a photo of it as I am getting rid of it.

I am serious when I say my very first car was an AMC Pacer back in the early 80's, beofr Wayne's World was even thought of.

It was recently voted worst car of all time, but it served me just fine.

Blueface
02-07-2009, 03:50 PM
I am serious when I say my very first car was an AMC Pacer back in the early 80's, beofr Wayne's World was even thought of.

No wonder we hit it off in Orlando.
I had it's worse car cousin, the Gremlin!!!:r:r:r
That was my first car too.

floydpink
02-07-2009, 04:02 PM
My best friend drove a Gremlin. My Pacer had dents in the interior roof from me going over large speed bumps in NJ and whacking my head on the roof.

The thing had no shocks.

The back hatch provided plenty of room for those tender teen dating moments at the drive in though.....

hotreds
02-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Not really......

http://www.montgomeryaviationphotography.com/airshowvan/Resized_driverside.jpg

Blueface
02-07-2009, 04:11 PM
My best friend drove a Gremlin. My Pacer had dents in the interior roof from me going over large speed bumps in NJ and whacking my head on the roof.

The thing had no shocks.

The back hatch provided plenty of room for those tender teen dating moments at the drive in though.....

Pete,
Another thing in common.
You had your Pacer in NJ and I had my Gremlin there too.:r
What exit?:r

Blueface
02-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Not really......

http://www.montgomeryaviationphotography.com/airshowvan/Resized_driverside.jpg

Wow!
Hugh, you still have some paint showing on the front door and part of the rear door.:r

hotreds
02-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow!
Hugh, you still have some paint showing on the front door and part of the rear door.:r

That's an old picture!:D

Ace$nyper
02-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Not on the lists but yes my cars are a rolling magnet.

3" piping and no mufflers tend to do that.

BC-Axeman
02-07-2009, 04:41 PM
My driving habits are not so legal all the time and I never get noticed in my Lincoln MK VIII, which has basically the same engine as a Cobra. Yet I was always getting tickets in my Toyota 4 banger pickup. The Toy had a top speed of 90 MPH, the Lincoln's is 150+.:eek:

Buena Fortuna
02-07-2009, 04:43 PM
I just can't believe that a soccer mom car is the number one cop magnet. Maybe they are in a hurry to get to the grocery store. :rolleyes:

Have you ever watched them try to drive with a load of kids, talk on the cellie, plan dinner, pick up the cleaning, and put on their makeup? Definitely a ticket waiting to happen...:r

nozero
02-07-2009, 06:02 PM
My wife drives a '06 Mazda6 that she's had for two years now with no traffic stops.

My '06 WRX didn't make the list and I've had one ticket. Go figure.

MTB996
02-07-2009, 08:03 PM
I used to get harassed all the time in my old Porsche, but don't get bothered at all in the vette. It's funny how copy hate Porsches (rich snob's car) and love corvettes (I know a ton of cops that own vettes)...even obnoxious orange ones...:D

ChasDen
02-07-2009, 11:08 PM
My driving habits are not so legal all the time and I never get noticed in my Lincoln MK VIII, which has basically the same engine as a Cobra. Yet I was always getting tickets in my Toyota 4 banger pickup. The Toy had a top speed of 90 MPH, the Lincoln's is 150+.:eek:

:r :r

I got a caddy SLS and should get at least 1 ticket a month.

Clean record :r

Every few months or so I just know I'm nailed and start to pull over just to have the cop buzz by and pull over the red sports car with the bimbo doing here makeup.

Chas

Genetic Defect
02-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Funny....

Top 10 most expensive cars to Drive.....

Jaguar XJ (http://www.insurancerate.com/101-most-expensive-cars-to-drive-jaguar-xj.html)

:r:r:r

I'll take my chances with the speeding tickets.....LMAO!!!!

:r I'll keep my truck too

acarr
02-08-2009, 01:16 AM
One of mine is on the list. I guess that is why it has been sitting in the garage for about a month.

Tenor CS
02-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Great ... Toyota Matrix, #10 most ticketed. I got more tickets in my Cadillac.

floydpink
02-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Only ticket I've gotten in the last 10 years has been on my Harley, on the way to a bike fest out in Leesburg with my wife on the back, both of us in leather, doo rags, and full rally gear. (weekend warrior gear)

We were riding through a small town and apparantly a couple thousand bikers before us thought the country roads were scenic as well and the cops were around every turn. My pipes tend to rattle windows and set off car alarms as well as send small children and animals running.

Took the online driver improvement course, lost the points, and avoid that hillbilly town at all costs.

mosesbotbol
02-08-2009, 10:17 AM

I really adore AMC cars! They were way ahead of the themselves in both technology and style. Such amazing cars in retrospect. The Pacer with Levi's demin interior! Love to have denim interior now! AMX...

DPD6030
02-08-2009, 10:39 AM
I think they got it wrong cause around my city I rarely see people driving the top 10 cars. More like hoopties and P.O.S. It's not the car that draws my attention it is what you are doing wrong. :D

DPD6030
02-08-2009, 10:46 AM
very simple really - he would have ran the plates - a clean driving record speaks VOLUMES.....

Now, if your buddy had a history of speeding or minor traffic violations....another story completely

Everyone had a clean driving record at one time ;) I know that if I second guess myself (yes we sometimes think we see something) and if it's not 100% clear I do not make the stop, maybe just pull up behind put a little "fright" in their mind and then just continue on. There are more fish in the sea and bigger fish too. Just my :2 being a LEO.

JE3146
02-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Everyone had a clean driving record at one time ;) I know that if I second guess myself (yes we sometimes think we see something) and if it's not 100% clear I do not make the stop, maybe just pull up behind put a little "fright" in their mind and then just continue on. There are more fish in the sea and bigger fish too. Just my :2 being a LEO.

I've always been curious about this.

Do warnings appear on driving records? I've always heard some friends talk about getting like 5 to 10 warnings and never a ticket. By that, I can't imagine they would be recorded because after 5 - 10 "Be careful next time's" you'd think they'd realize something wasn't taking.

Maybe I answered my own question :D...

Ace$nyper
02-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Only ticket I've gotten in the last 10 years has been on my Harley, on the way to a bike fest out in Leesburg with my wife on the back, both of us in leather, doo rags, and full rally gear. (weekend warrior gear)

We were riding through a small town and apparantly a couple thousand bikers before us thought the country roads were scenic as well and the cops were around every turn. My pipes tend to rattle windows and set off car alarms as well as send small children and animals running.

Took the online driver improvement course, lost the points, and avoid that hillbilly town at all costs.
That's the only time I've heard a harley pulled over.

More then once mid exhaust fix it ticket (never hold up in court the idea of by officers ear is just a riot and bugs me but another topic) I've had someone down shift in an HD and the cop is blind eye.

Not only does it up set me I gotta laugh, I'd never have the balls to drop a gear in front of a cop lol.

DPD6030
02-12-2009, 04:39 AM
I've always been curious about this.

Do warnings appear on driving records? I've always heard some friends talk about getting like 5 to 10 warnings and never a ticket. By that, I can't imagine they would be recorded because after 5 - 10 "Be careful next time's" you'd think they'd realize something wasn't taking.

Maybe I answered my own question :D...

Warnings don't appear on driving records per se. Now the dispatch center in my area can tell me if the vehicle was stopped before, when it was stopped and what action was taken by the officer.