PDA

View Full Version : Any appliance techs out there?

Nelson
02-06-2009, 12:01 PM
My fridge's drain line keeps on getting clogged and i have the water dripping into the inside of the fridge and collecting at the bottom. It does cool fine in both freezer compartment and fridge.What the hell can be causing the problem?:bh

Gone Dave
02-06-2009, 01:09 PM
My fridge's drain line keeps on getting clogged and i have the water dripping into the inside of the fridge and collecting at the bottom. It does cool fine in both freezer compartment and fridge.What the hell can be causing the problem?:bh
Its a defrost issue, it usually means the timer is stuck and short cycles,so the drain tube is still frozen down inside,
in some fridges there is a tab or a screw head type slot that you can cycle inside the fridge with a flat screw driver (on the top or side inside the lower food box.)
Look for that, and cycle around until your fridge starts running then stops.(it will click like a dishwasher knob does when you turn it)
Thats defrost.
let it alone now, clean up any water inside and check tomorrow.
If you still have problems, PM me and I will help you along farther.
but this will fix it 75%-85% of the time:D

Blueface
02-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Oye meng!
I found this website helpful.
You can have your questions answered and you can order the parts and do it yourself, over and over again and end up paying more than to hire a repairman. I say that from experience.:D

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi-bin/promotehome.cgi?affiliate_id=GSCMP2k4b

Nelson
03-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I forgot all about this until tonight when my fridge was full of water again:rolleyes:

Thank you Dave for your help. I found the slot you were talking about and did exactly as you said. We'll see how tomorrow turns out.