PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever smoked a Zelo De Cuba?

Powers
02-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Yesterday Cigar International had as their "CI One-Day Deal" a good price on some Zelo De Cuba Torpedoes. Its a 6" X 46 mild Dominican that CI claimed was popular in the mid-90s.

At 60 cents a stick I gambled and bought 'em.

Did I buy **** or a diamond in the ruff?

:cb

Fumes
02-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I've bitten on deals like this in the past and they're either complete garbage or decent yard gars. If they burn well and don't taste like compost you did okay. Can't expect much more than that for 60 cents a pop. Good luck!

totallytentative
02-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I bought 2 singles (robustos) from Lynn Cigars because the description says: "A flavorful, mild to medium bodied Dominican from Jose Dominguez. Made with a 5 year aged Brazil wrapper and Dominican long filler."

Sounded good, and they're cheap, so I thought why not give it a try?

Don't know when I'll get around to smoking them though...

yellowgoat
02-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Not bad. I've smoked a five pack that I won from C-Bid.
They are good yard gars. But let them rest for a few month or more.

Mr. 66
02-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Imported by Cubanos. lol

I actually tried smoking one recently, got about 4-5 puffs set it down to do something and forgot I was smoking something that looked like a cigar. It was not worth the time to relight, hell, it wasn't worth the time to light in the first place.

borndead1
02-04-2009, 10:05 AM
A flavorful, mild to medium bodied Dominican from Jose Dominguez.

Jose Dominguez is the blender for Victor Sinclair. That's enough for me to pass on them. :r

silentjon
02-04-2009, 10:06 AM
CI seems to have a whole bunch of crap sticks like this one.

silentjon
02-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Jose Dominguez is the blender for Victor Sinclair. That's enough for me to pass on them. :r

Agreed. I avoid any Victor Sinclair cigars.