PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NFL Hall of Fame class.

icehog3
01-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Bruce Smith
Rod Woodson
Derrick Thomas,
Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson
Randall McDaniel
and the late Bob Hayes, a standout wide receiver for Dallas and the 1964 Olympic gold medalist in the 100 meters

Not making the cut:
Cris Carter
Andre Reed
Shannon Sharpe

Discuss. :)

Mugen910
01-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Rod Woodson looked like he should still play...dude looks way to young to be in the HOF. :D

CBI_2
01-31-2009, 07:19 PM
It's about time Bob Hayes made it. The guy forced defenses to change the way they ran pass coverages back then to deal with his speed.

I am surprised that Shannon Sharpe didn't get in this time. Statistically one of the best of all times with, if I'm not mistaken, 3 Super Bowl rings.

Resipsa
01-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Don't think I rembmer Randall McDaniel. the others who got in seem deserving.,

CBI_2
01-31-2009, 07:24 PM
Don't think I remember Randall McDaniel. the others who got in seem deserving.,
Perennial Pro Bowl guard for Vikes

Texan in Mexico
01-31-2009, 07:26 PM
IMHO its a nice selection. I was talking to a friend of mine who is a sportwriter and he claimed that receivers didn't make it because they want to bestow the first, first year induction to Jerry Rice? Now I probably should have googled this before posting but I'm tired haha.

Gone Dave
01-31-2009, 08:11 PM
All of them are better than me!

acruce
01-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Glad Bob Hayes finally makes it in.

taltos
02-01-2009, 05:16 AM
If they put Wilson in there, a poster boy for welfare in the NFL, Billy Sullivan should also be in there. Still waiting for Phil Simms and Stanley Morgan to make it.

CBI_2
02-01-2009, 07:16 AM
If they put Wilson in there, a poster boy for welfare in the NFL, Billy Sullivan should also be in there. Still waiting for Phil Simms and Stanley Morgan to make it.

Could you educate me on this. Not very familiar with anything involving him. Thanks.

taltos
02-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Could you educate me on this. Not very familiar with anything involving him. Thanks.He is poster child for the small market teams and will do nothing to help himself. Inconsistent in selling out his home games to the point that at least one game per year will be held in Toronto, does not spend to the cap and refuses to help himself. He could make megabucks with a corporate renaming of his stadium but insists on it being named Ralph Wilson Stadium. He has shown, outside of Marv Levy, worse judgement in hiring coaches than the Pats preParcels and the Jets combined. I might be showing some bias since I hate the Bills. He is in the Hall as a founder of one of the original AFL teams.

tedrodgerscpa
02-01-2009, 08:38 PM
It's about time Bob Hayes made it. The guy forced defenses to change the way they ran pass coverages back then to deal with his speed.

I am surprised that Shannon Sharpe didn't get in this time. Statistically one of the best of all times with, if I'm not mistaken, 3 Super Bowl rings.

I'm also suprised, and yes, he has 3 rings (two with Denver, one with Baltimore)

Genetic Defect
02-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Bruce Smith
Rod Woodson
Derrick Thomas,
and the late Bob Hayes, a standout wide receiver for Dallas and the 1964 Olympic gold medalist in the 100 meters

:D I don't know a thing about Bob Hayes.

Genetic Defect
02-01-2009, 08:50 PM
He is poster child for the small market teams and will do nothing to help himself. Inconsistent in selling out his home games to the point that at least one game per year will be held in Toronto, does not spend to the cap and refuses to help himself. He could make megabucks with a corporate renaming of his stadium but insists on it being named Ralph Wilson Stadium. He has shown, outside of Marv Levy, worse judgement in hiring coaches than the Pats preParcels and the Jets combined. I might be showing some bias since I hate the Bills. He is in the Hall as a founder of one of the original AFL teams.

learned today Ralph Wilson is good people also I saw his house :)