PDA

View Full Version : Taken

Starscream
01-31-2009, 04:51 PM
I took the wife out to see this movie last night. Wasn't expecting much out of it. Boy was I surprised! It's no Academy Award winner by any means, but it was a nai-biting, edge-of-your-seat type of film. Thoughts?

boonedoggle
01-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Was able to come back into town this weekend. The boy and I went seen the first showing of the day on Friday (so he played hooky). Excellent movie. I thought it was the best movie I've seen in a while, other than Gran Torino. Without giving out any spoilers, I think this movie expresses something I think all of us would do for our children, if we had certain skills.

karmaz00
01-31-2009, 11:14 PM
cant wait to see it...heard good things

ChINaMaN1472
02-01-2009, 02:03 AM
Very entertaining. He's Jack Bauer on steroids.

Starscream
02-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I could see Harrison Ford playing this role.

Skywalker
02-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the review!!!

Now I want to see it!!!

rhdad42
02-02-2009, 11:41 AM
From a pure entertainment standpoint, I'd give this one 5 stars. Just sit back and enjoy for 90 minutes.

fxpose
02-02-2009, 12:13 PM
From a pure entertainment standpoint, I'd give this one 5 stars. Just sit back and enjoy for 90 minutes.

+1

Darrell
02-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Liam Neeson was such a bad ass MF in this movie. He would give the 80's and 90's Steven Seagal a run for his money! :tu

Good movie!!

hotreds
02-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Very good. Need to see it again and add up the body count!

ucla695
02-08-2009, 07:24 PM
The wife and I tried to see this last night, but it was sold out in two theaters and the 10:00 shows were way to late for us. Now I know why I prefer to see matinees. :) We'll try again next weekend.

fxpose
02-09-2009, 11:08 AM
The wife and I tried to see this last night, but it was sold out in two theaters and the 10:00 shows were way to late for us. Now I know why I prefer to see matinees. :) We'll try again next weekend.
Save your money. Park Drive Bar & Grill will be screening this film again this weekend. They have good picture and sound. We saw it twice already. :ss

ucla695
02-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Save your money. Park Drive Bar & Grill will be screening this film again this weekend. They have good picture and sound. We saw it twice already. :ss

Sounds good George.

fxpose
02-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Sounds good George.

The screening is still on for Sat nite if you guys are interested....:ss

ucla695
02-14-2009, 01:46 PM
The screening is still on for Sat nite if you guys are interested....:ss

We're there. See you tonight.

DrDubzz
02-14-2009, 09:05 PM
haven't seen it, but I really want to, Liam Neeson is such a stud (no homo)

groogs
02-14-2009, 09:27 PM
My friend went to see this yesterday, and said it was great. I am really looking forwart to watching this one.

ucla695
02-16-2009, 07:43 PM
I watched this over the weekend and thought it was a good, solid movie. You just have to suspend disbelief and you're set. Good action and Liam was a bad a$$.

KidRock
02-16-2009, 07:50 PM
I heard that dude pistol whips about a million ppl. Now I want to see it.

fxpose
02-16-2009, 07:55 PM
"You focused yet?!!"

zmancbr
02-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Great movie... my gf and I went to see it and both of us were impressed with it! My favorite line was "what you don't remember me?" You guys that have seen it now what I'm talking about...:D

totallytentative
02-17-2009, 08:13 PM
I saw this last night and liked it. Not an amazing movie, and predicable, but action packed and satisfying to watch.

I'm not the first one to make a comparison to Man on Fire with Denzel Washington, but I feel it's a bit different than that movie. The premise is very similar. Girl gets kidnapped, man carves out a swath of death and destruction to find her at all costs. However I found Liam Neeson's character to use more intelligence gathering tricks, subterfuge, and clever tactics than Denzel's character, which lends a slightly different feel to his rampage and it's less over the top. More guile, less guns.

foomanto
02-18-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm not the first one to make a comparison to Man on Fire with Denzel Washington, but I feel it's a bit different than that movie. The premise is very similar. Girl gets kidnapped, man carves out a swath of death and destruction to find her at all costs. However I found Liam Neeson's character to use more intelligence gathering tricks, subterfuge, and clever tactics than Denzel's character, which lends a slightly different feel to his rampage and it's less over the top. More guile, less guns.

i liked it and i can see the comparison. but i think Neeson's character was in the intelligence counter intelligence filed with combat training so he could take care of himself when the stuff hit the fan. Denzel's character was more of the solder that was sent into a situation and did what ever he needed to do to get the job done shoot first ask questions later.

smokeyandthebandit05
02-18-2009, 11:28 PM
I loved the movie. A friend of mine somehow got a hold of a reviewers copy so it was like DVD quality but boot leg lol..but yeah if anyone is thinkin about goin to see it, do it, you wont be let down

TravelingJ
02-19-2009, 01:06 AM
We weren't that impressed with it. I think I'm just going to have to give up going to the movies. I have really big problems with movies that make you wait 30 minutes to get to the point that you saw in the PREVIEWS. Seriously, you KNOW she is kidnapped, I don't need all of that back story. The girlfriend and I both found it to be overly predictable and while the gratuitous violence was certainly amusing in it's own right, there was never a shortage of me wondering what else I could be doing that would be more entertaining.