PDA

View Full Version : Wickles pickles

markem
01-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Bought these for the first time today. Very tasty, sort of like a sweet pickle and peppers. I can't eat gluten, so a sandwich for me is meat (usually bologna) wrapped around some cheese and pickle and dipped in mustard. These pickles are a great addition to the rotation.

http://www.wickles.com/

rizzle
01-29-2009, 02:19 PM
I, or more appropriately my wife, found Wickles a couple of years ago. I eat the pickles and sub relish almost daily and on occasion the regular relish and pepper rings.

I'm a huge fan. A little pricey maybe, but the pickles taste like what my grandmother used to make.

:tu

68TriShield
01-29-2009, 02:31 PM
MM those look good Mark,the peppers do as well.
My Moms Mom used to make her own pickles,delicious memories :dr

Case split? :D

68TriShield
01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
I, or more appropriately my wife, found Wickles a couple of years ago. I eat the pickles and sub relish almost daily and on occasion the regular relish and pepper rings.

I'm a huge fan. A little pricey maybe, but the pickles taste like what my grandmother used to make.

:tu

MM those look good Mark,the peppers do as well.
My Moms Mom used to make her own pickles,delicious memories :dr

Case split? :D

great minds eh? :)

replicant_argent
01-29-2009, 02:34 PM

Nope, same grandmother.

rizzle
01-30-2009, 10:43 AM
:D

Nope, same grandmother.
I always thought Mamaw had a wild side I didn't know about.
:ss

ucla695
01-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Bought these for the first time today. Very tasty, sort of like a sweet pickle and peppers. I can't eat gluten, so a sandwich for me is meat (usually bologna) wrapped around some cheese and pickle and dipped in mustard. These pickles are a great addition to the rotation.

http://www.wickles.com/
These sound great.

I can’t eat gluten either, but I’ve managed to find some gluten free bread at Whole Foods. It makes a world of difference for sandwiches. Sometimes I’ll make a wrap type thing using corn tortillas. I’ve even found GF pizza crust! I suggest checking it out if you have a Whole Foods near you. :tu

markem
01-30-2009, 11:34 AM
These sound great.

I can’t eat gluten either, but I’ve managed to find some gluten free bread at Whole Foods. It makes a world of difference for sandwiches. Sometimes I’ll make a wrap type thing using corn tortillas. I’ve even found GF pizza crust! I suggest checking it out if you have a Whole Foods near you. :tu

Another celiac? My mom and I are both, but she has a very rare version of it (once triggered, cutting out gluten doesn't stop the damage, only heavy duty steroids). I can actually sneak a very small amount sometimes, but not very often.

Whole Foods is good (we have 3 near me). I love that a very good local pizza chain has a gluten free menu. They are working with my Mom's fave Italian joint in Allan, TX to get them up and running with the recipes as well. http://www.bellagiospizza.com/ Oh yeah, Bob's Red Mill is across town from me, but I'm not spoiled or anything :D

Well, back to making gluten-free chocolate muffins!

ucla695
01-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Another celiac? My mom and I are both, but she has a very rare version of it (once triggered, cutting out gluten doesn't stop the damage, only heavy duty steroids). I can actually sneak a very small amount sometimes, but not very often.

Whole Foods is good (we have 3 near me). I love that a very good local pizza chain has a gluten free menu. They are working with my Mom's fave Italian joint in Allan, TX to get them up and running with the recipes as well. http://www.bellagiospizza.com/ Oh yeah, Bob's Red Mill is across town from me, but I'm not spoiled or anything :D

Well, back to making gluten-free chocolate muffins!

Yep, I’m celiac too….I developed it several years ago.

That pizza place looks great. I love seeing more GF dining options these days. Gotta like. :tu

68TriShield
02-01-2009, 12:36 PM
They have Wickles here in MD I noticed today.Yummy stuff Mark :tu