PDA

View Full Version : UNC beats FSU at the BUZZER!

SmokeyJoe
01-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Ty Lawson just dropped a buzzer beater from the top of the key to beat a scrappy FSU team that played huge tonight.

WTG, Carolina! :ss

SmokeyJoe
01-28-2009, 09:45 PM
... and Duke lost to Wake Forest tonight. Near perfect day! :D

Mark
01-28-2009, 09:57 PM
You should have seen the commotion on campus after the buzzer. I was watching in the common room with one of the RA's, and as soon as the shot went off we screamed at eachother and ran outside to the balcony screaming! The rest of the student body was already outside yelling Tar...Heels...Tar...Heels! from building to building and across the quad. Campus wide pandimonium!

Gosh what a great night!

uncballzer
01-28-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm glad they won; but right now, i can't get raycom w/UNC--I'm in the damn big east territory and they had the tennessee game on instead; seriously, wouldn't most rather watch UNC nearly get beat? This f-ing sucks! At least they won though.

Mark
01-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm glad they won; but right now, i can't get raycom w/UNC--I'm in the damn big east territory and they had the tennessee game on instead; seriously, wouldn't most rather watch UNC nearly get beat? This f-ing sucks! At least they won though.

You can get all the games for free on ESPN 360. My roommate watched it on there tonight.

uncballzer
01-28-2009, 09:58 PM
You should have seen the commotion on campus after the buzzer. I was watching in the common room with one of the RA's, and as soon as the shot went off we screamed at eachother and ran outside to the balcony screaming! The rest of the student body was already outside yelling Tar...Heels...Tar...Heels! from building to building and across the quad. Campus wide pandimonium!

Gosh what a great night!

which part of campus you on? North? Stayed in Lewis for about three years, one in conner i think it was, couple summers in others.

Mark
01-28-2009, 09:59 PM
which part of campus you on? North? Stayed in Lewis for about three years, one in alexander i think it was, couple summers in others.

I'm on south in Craige. We were yelling at HoJo (Hinton James) across the road, and I got calls from all over campus as well saying that it was happening everywhere.

uncballzer
01-28-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm on south in Craige. We were yelling at HoJo (Hinton James) across the road, and I got calls from all over campus as well saying that it was happening everywhere.

Got a friend in HJ, a freshman. Had a couple friends in Craige, but never stayed down there myself. Kinda wish I had at least for my freshman year, as I was the only freshman on my hall, and all the guys I made friends with were gamers--completely ruined my first semester gpa!

Thanks for the note on ESPN 360; will definitely check that out next time!!!

webjunkie
02-02-2009, 01:08 AM

Spent my sophomore year in Craige; E-haus the year before that. Got to love watching all the HoJo kids standing around in the middle of the night because the fire alarm was pulled again. :r

I've been so swamped so far this semester I haven't been able to keep up (and I don't have cable).